Sixx:A.M. - Prayers For The Damned Vol. 1

Stefan

12795419_1061828933863561_69927215719152

From teamrock.com:

Prayers For The Damned, Sixx:AM's fourth album, will be released in April, with a tour to follow

Sixx:AM have announced details of their Prayers For The Damned Vol 1, their double album follow-up to 2014's Modern Vintage. The album will be released on April 29. The band also release the first single from the album, Rise, today.

"Throughout history, some of the most dramatic changes have occurred when people reject the status quo and demand change," says singer James Michael. "Riseis about how we find ourselves at a global tipping point and how it is our duty as citizens of this world to come together, communicate with one another and rise up to demand more of ourselves and our leaders."

"Sixx:AM is in the most creative place of our careers," adds Nikki Sixx. "For James, DJ and myself, we think it's the perfect time to release so much quality music to our fans who've been supporting us over the last three albums."

"The double-albums will leave no stone unturned in our quest to create important music and push the boundaries of rock," says Michael, while DJ Ashba concludes, "We are on a mission to give our fans even more than they could have hoped for, both musically and visually."

The band have also announced a series of tour dates (below), kicking off a with a show at the Welcome To Rockville Festival at the end of April. The band play Download Festival on June 11. Prayers For The Damned can be pre-ordered from Friday.

sixxammusic.com

FB

sixxamprayersvol1bigger.jpg

Tracks:

01. Rise
02. You Have Come To The Right Place
03. I'm Sick
04. Prayers For The Damned
05. Better Man
06. Can't Stop
07. When We Were Gods
08. Belly Of The Beast
09. Everything Went To Hell
10. The Last Time (My Heart Will Hit The Ground)
11. Rise Of The Melancholy Empire

Sounds good, I hope they make up for the last album with this

Yep, last album was mostly a trainwreck.

This sounds good, though. I'm just glad it's hard modern rock again... not that horrible indie type of current Butch Walker rubbish that was over the last album.

• 4 weeks later...

Well that's the best song I've ever heard from this band. Still not anything I'd buy, however.

You heard this one? Their best song yet, imo;

It's not bad at all, Geoff, just not suited for me. I'm just an old curmudgeon having graduated from high school way back in 1986, and I'm stuck in my ways. I almost always preface that prior to making any disparaging comment as I know the younger crowd certainly does not always (if ever) agree with my taste in music... and that's alright.

It's just hard for me to appreciate anything involving Nikki Sixx that isn't Motley Crue related (especially pre-1991 Crue). I first saw them open for Def Leppard in San Diego back in 1983 (yes, nineteen eighty three) and I've been a fan ever since. I was rockin' to Shout At The Devil when most of my friends were still pretty much exclusively listening to Journey and Hall & Oates.

Sixx AM is not Motley Crue... and that's hard for me to swallow.

I like that tune. The main thing about all 3 new songs, though, is that whether they're great or not, at least they're all just proper modern rock songs, like the first 2 albums. I'm just happy that whatever shit they tried out on the last album seems to have been acknowledged as an awful experiment gone wrong and they're just sticking to what they did well in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

Superb album..'Better Man' is one of the best tracks i've heard this year so far..good to see them back on top form

Superb album..'Better Man' is one of the best tracks i've heard this year so far..good to see them back on top form

I agree - folk have been quiet on this but its a great disc imo.

I agree - folk have been quiet on this but its a great disc imo.