The Winery Dogs - Hot Streak

Stefan

11780059_910307485708052_761149508611199

From ear-music.net:

The HOT STREAK will continue this fall for THE WINERY DOGS (Richie Kotzen- lead vocals/guitar, Mike Portnoy -drums, Billy Sheehan-bass). Their second appropriately titled, self-produced studio album, HOT STREAK, is set for release October 2nd on earMUSIC in collaboration with Loud & Proud Records.

“I feel we’ve taken the band to another level,” explains Richie Kotzen. “The compositions are stronger on this album. I feel more connected lyrically and musically to what I did on this record than on the last one. We’ve widened the musical scope of the band on this record and moved it forward."

Mike Portnoy continues, “Everything on this album was more of a collaboration than on the first album. There’s just a natural chemistry. The three of us really mesh very, very well, both musically and personally. The mission of this band is to write catchy songs, and not have the musicianship overpower that.”

“I’m glad we’re not playing it safe and just doing songs that automatically fit in the category of what we did on the first record,” Billy Sheehan concludes. “Some of them are a little different, and we definitely took chances. And you have to do that — otherwise, you don’t grow."

The trio first exploded onto the Rock scene with their self-titled, self-produced and critically acclaimed debut album that was released July 23, 2013 and a sold-out worldwide tour. THE WINERY DOGS debuted on Billboard’s “Top Alternative Albums” chart at #3, “Top Independent Albums” chart at #4, “Top Rock Albums” chart at #5, “Top Internet Albums” at #8 and “Top 200 Albums” chart at #27.

www.thewinerydogs.com

facebook

11889674_1140451719304109_81321716671228

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtGRpKULeao

I really like most of Kotzen's stuff.
Thought the first WD album was ok.

The song above probably has too much going on for me. I like the tempo changes and hooks though.

Still listening in to it now and the guitar really annoys me I think. Hate the tone.

The song above probably has too much going on for me. I like the tempo changes and hooks though.

Still listening in to it now and the guitar really annoys me I think. Hate the tone.

The only thing I liked that he worked on was Forty Deuce - Nothing To Lose.....

The only think I liked that he worked on was Forty Deuce - Nothing To Lose.....

For me it's only Poison's 'Native Tongue' and that's it. 'Fever Dream' had it's moments, but I am just not a fan of the guy's sound/style, and I don't like his voice at all either.

I feel like he single-handedly completely changed Poison's sound for that one CD. And sure, the haters will argue that that was a good thing, but for me it wasn't. Like I said, I like the album but it's a very different sounding Poison...

My favorite Poison CD :D

I'm not a huge fan of his voice.

I think it gets a bit monotone sounding if you listen to a CD from start to end.

But I have found some really great tracks he's done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Certainly in Europe . Been listening since Friday and quite like it.

Captain Love the track that's grabbed my attention most so far .

I didn't specify it wasn't available in my country, though. Anyway, I'mma just buy the album.

• My Little Pony

Huh? It's already unavailable? And this is a legit upload from earMusic.

Works fine for me. Blame your country...

I often do. Federal election is coming up in two weeks. I'll definitely be taking this into consideration.

;}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...