Lynch Mob - Rebel

Stefan

The reason George started Lynch Mob because of the fight he had with Don, maybe during BFTA tour so definitely not a chance of a follow up album after that until the brief reunion in 1994-1995 :D

and even there's one, definitely not gonna be good with all those hatred goin around

Guest theczar

I'd rate Lynch's output in this order (in terms of his playing but also the songs and other band member contributions):

Back For The Attack - Dokken

Under Lock & Key - Dokken

Tooth & Nail - Dokken

KXM

Wicked Sensation - Lynch Mob

Everything else he's done has flashes of potential at best, no more, to these ears.

Guest theczar

Yeah! I get that impression!! Not all of it though, but I do think three songs in particular are brilliant: Stars, Rescue Me and Gunfight - just fresh, different & with an abundance of groove.

That's the good thing about chatting here - enough commonality to feel like you're amongst likeminded souls, but still essential differences in aspects of our tastes.

Guest theczar

I really think that, post Beast From The East, Lynch should have got together with a voice: Ozzy/Dio/Alice/Coverdale/Hagar etc. for the long run - his legacy since then is patchy, to put it kindly...

The reason George started Lynch Mob because of the fight he had with Don, maybe during BFTA tour so definitely not a chance of a follow up album after that until the brief reunion in 1994-1995 :D

and even there's one, definitely not gonna be good with all those hatred goin around

It wasn't one fight with Don that caused it. There had been friction for many years and they had just had enough I think. The reunion with George lasted from 1994-1997 or 1998 I believe. Surprised they made it that long...

Mate you must be the only person on this board that rates that KXM album ;-)

I actually thought he was joking and let out a genuine lol. Not so funny in hindsight, though, when you find out someone thinks that album is better than the first two Lynch Mob CDs. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LOL...that's not that bad at all. It's a little brooding.....but still...

• 3 weeks later...

If this makes sense, it's not a bad sounding song... but it is a bad song. :lol: I don't mind the vibe and style and all that, but it's just a piss-weak chorus and hook and a crap song. But some cool guitar and an older Lynch Mob vibe. Shame it's still shit. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Man I've gotta agree with the majority on here. I can't make it all the way through any of those songs. They're all shit lol. But I have to admit I was never a true fan of Lynch Mob. The first 2 albums were ok, not great. I remember when he & Don split ways. I hated it until I heard Don's Up From The Ashes. I still really really like that album. As far as Lynch Mob... meh. I like both of the first albums but I don't love them. And I think Bog Cock was the best thing Robert Mason did but I hate having to stumble around the words of explaining to people about their albums. It's pretty easy to get tripped & say "I like Big Cock" lmao!