Lynch Mob - Rebel

Stefan

Damn... that's horrible.

Just stop it George. You are continuing to embarrass yourself.

Lynch Mob has been dead since their self-titled disc with Robert Mason.

Damn... that's horrible.

Just stop it George. You are continuing to embarrass yourself.

Lynch Mob has been dead since their self-titled disc with Robert Mason.

What he said

Am I tripping, or did George Lynch age about 40 years since the Sweet/Lynch album from earlier this year? I didn't think he looked too bad for his age here:

sweet-lynch-september-mem-1.jpg

He looks older than Jesus Christ in this video. Did he just run out of hair dye, or did he go through a fast-tracked aging process in 2015?

Anyway, the music is awful. It's a shame they had to use the Lynch Mob name to record this shit, as it really has nothing to do with what they set out to do on those first two albums. Just call it something else, for shit's sake.

Am I tripping, or did George Lynch age about 40 years since the Sweet/Lynch album from earlier this year? I didn't think he looked too bad for his age here:

sweet-lynch-september-mem-1.jpg

He looks older than Jesus Christ in this video. Did he just run out of hair dye, or did he go through a fast-tracked aging process in 2015?

Anyway, the music is awful. It's a shame they had to use the Lynch Mob name to record this shit, as it really has nothing to do with what they set out to do on those first two albums. Just call it something else, for shit's sake.

Yeah.... noticed George's appearance change. Looks like an old fart in that video. :lol:

Anyway, totally agree with you on changing the name of the band from Lynch Mob. This has absolutely nothing to do with the band that recorded Wicked Sensation and the self-titled disc.

Hell, I'd rather have Robert Mason back in the band if the music was like the first 2 discs. The music in this current formation of Lynch Mob is utter garbage. Is he really selling any records sounding this horrible?

It makes me sick to keep a band name just to cash in on some unsuspecting schlub who doesn't realize that this is not the George Lynch and Lynch Mob that they remember from the early 90's.

Go back to playing hip-hop George because nowadays, you suck donkey dicks musically.

And does anyone else wonder why he was fired from DOKKEN after Shadowlife now?

He's a terrible guitarist now. He was a master before. What the hell happened?

Continued bickering with Don Dokken...nothing new.

It's not even that. George has lost the plot. He was my favorite guitarist. Now he flat out SUCKS.

It's not even that. George has lost the plot. He was my favorite guitarist. Now he flat out SUCKS.

No, I know that. He definitely sucks and has for a while. I was just answering the question about why he left/was fired. Two ego maniacs who can't get along and both have lost a step...or ten.

I think many are a bit over the top when it comes to dissing Lynch Mob. The last two albums (and EP) were full of bluesy, groove oriented, hard rock.....just like they intended originally with the first two albums. The first tune is not bad at all....and has all of the elements of a Lynch Mob album, so I'll get probably pick it up.

I think many are a bit over the top when it comes to dissing Lynch Mob. The last two albums (and EP) were full of bluesy, groove oriented, hard rock.....just like they intended originally with the first two albums. The first tune is not bad at all....and has all of the elements of a Lynch Mob album, so I'll get probably pick it up.

You must be listening to something different f\than me then. I just recently listened to a mixed disc with songs from both the Lynch Mob debut and the self-titled follow up. The new stuff sounds absolutely ZERO like those two discs. ZERO.

You must be listening to something different f\than me then. I just recently listened to a mixed disc with songs from both the Lynch Mob debut and the self-titled follow up. The new stuff sounds absolutely ZERO like those two discs. ZERO.

Just because the sound isn't exactly like them doesn't mean that they're is nothing in common...........but, hey.......if you don't think so, then more power to ya.

I will say this. I've been listening to Lynch Mob for what.....30 years or thereabouts?....and I know exactly what's on them....and I enjoy both albums. But....this is also....30 years later....and they aren't going to sound exactly like they did....even Stryper, who probably have nailed their classic sound better than anyone even sound different today on record then they did then. I don't think that if someone who hadn't heard them in 30 years plopped in their latest stuff wouldn't recognize them...in fact, I think they would.

As always, everyone's opinion is valid because it's based on their tastes, experiences, etc......I just find the newer stuff THAT far off base where I can't listen to it...or that it's horrible, etc.

And....as always, bands do put out shit stuff sometimes...**Shadowlife**..lol...like we all know and agree. But....strangely enough, I see people that love Warrant's alternative albums......even though *I* thought they sucked donkey balls.....like....HUGE donkey balls....

Just because the sound isn't exactly like them doesn't mean that they're is nothing in common...........but, hey.......if you don't think so, then more power to ya.

I will say this. I've been listening to Lynch Mob for what.....30 years or thereabouts?....and I know exactly what's on them....and I enjoy both albums. But....this is also....30 years later....and they aren't going to sound exactly like they did....even Stryper, who probably have nailed their classic sound better than anyone even sound different today on record then they did then. I don't think that if someone who hadn't heard them in 30 years plopped in their latest stuff wouldn't recognize them...in fact, I think they would.

As always, everyone's opinion is valid because it's based on their tastes, experiences, etc......I just find the newer stuff THAT far off base where I can't listen to it...or that it's horrible, etc.

And....as always, bands do put out shit stuff sometimes...**Shadowlife**..lol...like we all know and agree. But....strangely enough, I see people that love Warrant's alternative albums......even though *I* thought they sucked donkey balls.....like....HUGE donkey balls....

I will say this.... "Believers Of The Day" from the last Lynch Mob disc was as close to the "classic" Lynch Mob as I've heard them come. Unfortunately, that's the only newer Lynch Mob song that I like a lot.

capture-20150604-195904.png

Tracklist for 'Rebel' (for all you fans here... ;) ):

1. Automatic Fix

2. Between The Truth And A Lie

3. Testify

4. Sanctuary

5. Pine Tree Avenue

6. Jelly Roll

7. Dirty Money

8. The Hollow Queen

9. The Ledge

10. Kingdon Of Slaves

11. War

I think the main, massive difference is the complete and utter lacks of hooks and that commercial edge with the new Lynch Mob stuff. Those first two albums are chock full of hooks and full of songs that, if given the chance, would have done well on radio at the time. Bluesy, but also melodic and "anthemic."

This new shit has absolutely 0 of that in it. You're right, it's still got the bluesy edge, but it's lost every single other element that made their sound what it was. There has been one single good song on their last albums ('Before I close my eyes' is excellent) but that is it, and they used to be the norm for these guys.

Anyway, if you think they still have anything in common with those first two albums, more power to ya, but I definitely do not agree, and I think you'll find that most would also not agree. In a nutshell, they used to great but they are now very shit.

And who on earth likes, let alone loves 'Belly to Belly??' I admit that I think 'Ultraphobic' is a cool disc and probably about the best sell-out disc bands from "our genre" offered up, but 'Belly to belly' is as bad as any and all the rest. And I can't remember anyone else ever really singing it's praises?

I think the main, massive difference is the complete and utter lacks of hooks and that commercial edge with the new Lynch Mob stuff. Those first two albums are chock full of hooks and full of songs that, if given the chance, would have done well on radio at the time. Bluesy, but also melodic and "anthemic."

This new shit has absolutely 0 of that in it. You're right, it's still got the bluesy edge, but it's lost every single other element that made their sound what it was. There has been one single good song on their last albums ('Before I close my eyes' is excellent) but that is it, and they used to be the norm for these guys.

Anyway, if you think they still have anything in common with those first two albums, more power to ya, but I definitely do not agree, and I think you'll find that most would also not agree. In a nutshell, they used to great but they are now very shit.

And who on earth likes, let alone loves 'Belly to Belly??' I admit that I think 'Ultraphobic' is a cool disc and probably about the best sell-out disc bands from "our genre" offered up, but 'Belly to belly' is as bad as any and all the rest. And I can't remember anyone else ever really singing it's praises?

Well, I loved "Ultraphobic" and really hated "Belly To Belly". Hated "Shadowlife" except for the Jeff Pilson track that he sang on.

I definitely see what you're saying in regards to the hooks and commercial edge....I do, but I think I've grown accustomed to their sound over the last two or three discs and it doesn't bother me as much as when they first started going down this road. But I do know what you're saying...but I have definitely found some good songs amongst these newer releases.

I actually like Belly To Belly quite a bit but Ultraphobic may be my favorite Warrant album.

Guest theczar

I'm not a fan - but I do love KXM! Stars, Gunfight, Rescue Me, Faith Is A Room - all fantastic to these ears and Lynch trying and succeeding at something FRESH! (unlike this & Sweet Lynch).

How I wish though that Dokken had sorted out their issues & released an uninterrupted follow-up to Back For The Attack in say '89 (before the Grunge-apocalypse) - it would have been a beauty, I'm sure...

I'm not a fan - but I do love KXM! Stars, Gunfight, Rescue Me, Faith Is A Room - all fantastic to these ears and Lynch trying and succeeding at something FRESH! (unlike this & Sweet Lynch).

How I wish though that Dokken had sorted out their issues & released an uninterrupted follow-up to Back For The Attack in say '89 (before the Grunge-apocalypse) - it would have been a beauty, I'm sure...

I hear you there! A proper follow-up to Back For The Attack would have been amazing I bet. These guys were peaking at that point. Still love that "Walk Away" was their last studio song.

Just seemed appropriate.