Find Me - Dark Angel

Stefan

find_me.jpg

From FB:

Fans, friends and crazy people in general! Smiley smile
The new FIND ME record is done and sent over to Frontiers Records.
Its been a wonderful journey working with new and young musicians/talent that bring in freshness and edge to the songs.
Robert LaBlanc delivered his best performance yet, thanks brother for your amazing talent!
The new album is more of a band feeling and so I invited Philip Lindstrand and Christopher Fabes Vetter to play guitars, Sören Kronqvist delivered awesome atmospheric keyboards in adition to my keys and drums.
Backing vocalist include Robbie Lablanc, Thomas Vikström, Philip Lindstrand, Redas Jefisovas(Michael Palace).
There is also a special performance from Angelica as a guest vocalist.
I wanna thank all the songwriters,
Mark Mangold, Sören Kronqvist, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Tom and James Martin, Philip Lindstrand, Thomas Vikström, Camilla Andersson and
Niclas Olsson for the amazing songs and great feedback throughout the process.

Please look forward to the official press release from Frontiers Records in the near future.

Your friendly neighbourhood producer,
Daniel Flores

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find_me.jpg

From FB:

Fans, friends and crazy people in general! Smiley smile

The new FIND ME record is done and sent over to Frontiers Records.

Its been a wonderful journey working with new and young musicians/talent that bring in freshness and edge to the songs.

Robert LaBlanc delivered his best performance yet, thanks brother for your amazing talent!

The new album is more of a band feeling and so I invited Philip Lindstrand and Christopher Fabes Vetter to play guitars, Sören Kronqvist delivered awesome atmospheric keyboards in adition to my keys and drums.

Backing vocalist include Robbie Lablanc, Thomas Vikström, Philip Lindstrand, Redas Jefisovas(Michael Palace).

There is also a special performance from Angelica as a guest vocalist.

I wanna thank all the songwriters,

Mark Mangold, Sören Kronqvist, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Tom and James Martin, Philip Lindstrand, Thomas Vikström, Camilla Andersson and

Niclas Olsson for the amazing songs and great feedback throughout the process.

Please look forward to the official press release from Frontiers Records in the near future.

Your friendly neighbourhood producer,

Daniel Flores

Nice!

Too fast for a second album?? I don't understand. The debut was released in 2013, and now, two years later they are (thankfully) blessing us with a second album. Since the dawn of time the "accepted" distance between albums has been two years. What on earth is wrong with it in this case? Much better than waiting unknowingly for years on end for a new Wigelius album, for instance. You've got me confused on this one, mate.

Exactly, I'd be happy if my favorite bands released an album every two years. Back in the 80s it used to be 84, 85, 86, 88 albums were just coming but I think bands think twice before putting out an album nowadays cause it's not as profitable anymore. If only current releases were better in terms of quality due to the longer time they take to produce but.... not always the case :D

• 3 months later...

'Dark Angel' out December 4th.

Find-Me-Dark-Angel-2015-480x488.jpg

Tracklist:

Nowhere To Hide
Let Love Rule
Forever
Another Day
Dark Angel
Bleed In The Rain
Face To Face
Where Do I Go
Midnight Memories
Don’t Slip Away From Me
Did You Feel Any Love
I’m Free

Forever (Japan bonus)

Pressrelease from Frontiers Records:

FIND ME is a collaboration between Swedish musician, songwriter and producer Daniel Flores (Issa, The Murder of My Sweet, Seventh Wonder) and singer Robbie LaBlanc from Blanc Faces. The partnership was put together by Frontiers President, Serafino Perugino with a vision to unleash another AOR behemoth. FIND ME’s debut album, “Wings of Love” received excellent reviews and left fans begging for more music from the duo! No demands could have been easier to fulfill as the two guys just love working together and finding the right songs for the group from contributors the likes of Alessandro Del Vecchio, Mark Mangold, brothers Tom and James Martin (Vega, Issa), Soren Kronqvist (Sunstorm), Niclas Olsson (Alyson Avenue) or Philip Lindstrand (Strong) is never a problem.

“Serafino of Frontiers and I searched for new songs and fresh ideas from writers from all over the world” tells drummer and producer Daniel Flores. “I personally was searching for a musical challenge and Serafino with his golden ears is always looking for the next big song. It’s the combination of the two mentalities, with Robbie’s ability to sing and work on melodies that made this album what it is.” According to Robbie LaBlanc: “Daniel really understands how to create an awesome AOR record. He allows me some flexibility in the melodies and is a pleasure to work with and a true pro.”

The result is once again a delightful and massive melodic rock record, chock full of mighty anthemic AOR songs with Robbie’s soaring lead vocals and amazing performances from Daniel Flores and guitarist Philip Lindstrand! Sonically, this powerhouse album sits in between the classic sound of Journey and Giant and newcomers like W.E.T and Eclipse. “To be honest, in the first album, all involved tried to find the right combination of all the elements we love in AOR music” adds Daniel. “Now we feel more confident on what people will like. Productionwise everything just came naturally in place in this recording. Also Robbie sings even better than on last record and that's no small accomplishment really.”

“I feel I connected with these songs really nicely” adds Robbie. “It's funny of all the demos I received from Daniel I think we only changed one key. It's like they were written right for me!”

“I hope we get to give the AOR fans the same feelings they got when they discovered this music for the first time,” concludes Daniel, “We try to remind people of how the old records where done in this style, with the same mentality and complete devotion but with the cutting edge sound and quality engineering that technology has brought to date. Also, we hope to have chances to play for the fans live next year.”

FIND ME is:
Robbie Lablanc - Lead and background vocals
Philip Lindstrand - Rhythm and lead Guitars, Bass
Sören Kronqvist - Keyboards
Daniel Flores - Drums and Keyboards

Additional musicians:
Angelica Rylin - Vocals on "Another day"
Christopher Vetter - Lead guitars and Clean Guitars

Backing vocals: Robert Lablanc, Philip Lindstrand, Thomas Vikström, Angelica Rylin, Redas Jefisovas and Daniel Flores.

Sounds killer. White Widdow came out in the last minutes of 2014 and snagged 2nd spot last year... I wonder if this one might do the same. Based on those samples it'll definitely be a contender.

I'm in the minority I guess..... just like the debut, too soft and nothing special. :explode:

I would normally agree about some stuff being to soft (Vega,Work Of Art), but Find Me's debut was great for me and this new just as good.

Loved the first one to bits, som definitaly go for the follow up.

Back in the vinyl days, there were 8 tracks on an album normally. Much easier to pack an album full with killers back then. Today there are many times way too many songs on an album and often too many fillers. So an album a year nowadays is hard to achieve, att least a quality album.

I'm in the minority I guess..... just like the debut, too soft and nothing special. :explode:

Jeez mate, I never get your "too soft" comments. Just a guess, but I feel like this will be just as "ballsy" as absolutely anything else on your list this year. And then everytime you give one of them a proper go (Work of Art, Care Of Night etc.) you end up loving it.

I think it's time to discard that comment in the wastepaper basket by the door. Just there, behind Karpetface's ass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...