2015 Edition: Who's Gunna Do What to Whom in the NFL This Year?

heavyharmonies

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to find a free streaming site and watch the game (once I made it through all the malware popups... bastards).

The big surprise was how decent Barkley looked at times. Granted, against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Tebow actually looked improved from the last time he was in the league.

Of the three QBs, actually Sanchez looked the worst.

Nelson Agholor will be a stud.

Defense is actually looking good, both aginst the pass and the run.

The Eagles pretty much manhandled the Colts on all fronts.

After yesterday's news...

Cheatriots-Logo.jpeg

Cheaties-5.jpg

As a Brit with an interest in the Pats (as well as the Chiefs and Eeeeeeagles) - what's this about?

Ugh. I would say "Google it", but in a nutshell: Pats were caught deflating ball pressure below league minimums in last year's AFC Championship game, supposedly at the behest of Brady, since he prefers them that way. Lots of finger pointing, lame-ass stories, conjecture. The Patriots suspended/fired two equipment managers, while at the same time claiming that nothing wrong had been done (then why fire them?). Brady refused to co-operate with the NFL investigation. Some of the conclusions of the multimillion-dollar report were suspect. NFL Commissioner Goodell levied fines and gave Brady a 4-game suspension. Brady is suing the NFL. It's in the courts.

Lots of bullshit about what in reality is much ado about nothing, but because the Patriots have a history of flouting the rules, it's yet another straw to pile on the camel's back, no matter how minor the issue.

Howsat?

Ugh. I would say "Google it", but in a nutshell: Pats were caught deflating ball pressure below league minimums in last year's AFC Championship game, supposedly at the behest of Brady, since he prefers them that way. Lots of finger pointing, lame-ass stories, conjecture. The Patriots suspended/fired two equipment managers, while at the same time claiming that nothing wrong had been done (then why fire them?). Brady refused to co-operate with the NFL investigation. Some of the conclusions of the multimillion-dollar report were suspect. NFL Commissioner Goodell levied fines and gave Brady a 4-game suspension. Brady is suing the NFL. It's in the courts.

Lots of bullshit about what in reality is much ado about nothing, but because the Patriots have a history of flouting the rules, it's yet another straw to pile on the camel's back, no matter how minor the issue.

Howsat?

Excellently paraphrased sir Dan...

I still hope the suspension sticks as the Steelers could use the early divisional win and yes I get it but a win is a win.

Well, week 2 preseason and the Eagles with another blowout 40-17 over the Ravens, and it wasn't that close.

Bradford looked shaky initially but got stable, although was only in for one series. Sanchez looked considerably better than last week. Barkley meh and Tebow meh.

Eagles are loaded in the running and return game. That Barner kid is a stud and may end up being trade bait because the Eagles are so heavy at the running/return positions.

Defense is still a bit suspect at times.

Next week at Green Bay with the first team playing the entire first half should tell us more.

Howsat?

Excellently paraphrased sir Dan...

I still hope the suspension sticks as the Steelers could use the early divisional win and yes I get it but a win is a win.

Sad to read that crap like this happens in the best place of sports. Thought this was a commonplace only in crappy-corrupted places/organizations like UEFA/FIFA/soccer/you name it .

Week 3. Eagles impressive again on offense. Rogers didn't play, so it was hard to gauge the Eagles 1st string defense accurately. 1st team vs. 1st team the Eagles limited Green Bay to 7 points, leading 25-7 at the point the backups came in.

On offense, with 1st team playing against Green Bay's 1st team defense, the Eagles absolutely shredded them. Bradford looked amazing. Accurate as hell. The dropoff in talent from Bradford to Sanchez was ugly... to Barkley and Tebow even more so.

Our running game is insane, with Murray and Sproles just eating up the opposition. Barner as a substitute and on special teams just takes it over the top. I *REALLY* hope they keep Barner. I will be so pissed if he doesn't make the 53.

Tebow likely to be cut on Tuesday in the first cut-down, in my opinion.

If Bradford can remain healthy... and that's a big "if"... this team has serious potential, and all of Chip's "crazy" moves will be proven legit.

• 2 weeks later...

Preseason isn't a gauge for how a team will do in the regular season anyway. The Lions went 4-0 in the preseason the same year they went 0-16 in the regular season. Whooping up on a teams 1st defense doesn't mean anything when the teams 1st offense isn't playing....changes the whole dynamic of the game from time of possession to what plays are called and substitutions made at what point.

49'ers looked "good," I guess. If that's how one describes how a team looks playing one hour of football over the span of three, for fuck's sake, motherfucking hours... ;)

Dallas @ Philly. 6-0 at half.

Ugly game. Ugly team. Ugly season. Just ugly.

That first half for the Eagles may have been the ugliest offensive half ever played in the history of the game. Embarrassing.

That first half for the Eagles may have been the ugliest offensive half ever played in the history of the game. Embarrassing.

And you circle back to the age old question of what in the Fark is the appeal of Mark Sanchez? WHY does he continue to be a starter?

And you circle back to the age old question of what in the Fark is the appeal of Mark Sanchez? WHY does he continue to be a starter?

One small problem though: Mark Sanchez is not the Eagles starting QB. Sam Bradford is.

One small problem though: Mark Sanchez is not the Eagles starting QB. Sam Bradford is.

Oops, I assumed as I am sans TV.

• 3 months later...

My two most hated teams made the playoffs.I'll be rooting against Pittsburg and Denver.

:)

Pittsburgh goes to Cincinnati as the number 6 seed and Seattle goes to Minnesota as the number 5...

Will there be a repeat of SB 30???

Good weekend of football coming up, I think the wild card games to be more exiting than the division clinchers.