2015 Edition: Who's Gunna Do What to Whom in the NFL This Year?

heavyharmonies

I'll start:

I am COMPLETELY perplexed by the Eagles off-season moves this year. They make zero sense whatsoever.

Speculation was that Nick Foles would be packaged in some sort of a trade to move up and get Marcus Mariota, but today they traded Foles for... Sam Bradford??? Dafuq?!

The dude gets injured reading the fucking paper at breakfast.

That and trading for every Oregon Duck in the NFL...

BvdFzS8IEAAHT_z.jpg

EDIT: Landscape is changing now... apparently draft pick swap and additional picks are part of the mix. I hope the fuck so...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens are looking like poopoo on paper. Trade Ngata for 2 draft picks? Let McPhee walk. Let Torrey Smith walk? Probably no money to resign Owen Daniels or Justin Forsett, the two reasons they had an offense.

Looking bad for the birds to the south of Philly also!

:taz:

edit: Owen Daniels signs with Broncos. Another Raven loss.

The Ravens are looking like poopoo on paper. Trade Ngata for 2 draft picks? Let McPhee walk. Let Torrey Smith walk? Probably no money to resign Owen Daniels or Justin Forsett, the two reasons they had an offense.

I never worry about the moves that the Ravens make.. They know what they are doing... Torrey Smith isn't worth even close to what he is getting in San Fran.... Ngata is slowing down and was suspended for a few games last year. Maybe the Ravens know something the rest of the league doesn't. Owen Daniels is the biggest lose so far.. and he is as old as dirt.

Every year they lose players that are popular and nearly every time those players change teams and are never heard from again.

I never worry about the Ravens off season moves.. I always trust that they know better than I do as far as improving the team.

I never worry about the moves that the Ravens make.. They know what they are doing... Torrey Smith isn't worth even close to what he is getting in San Fran.... Ngata is slowing down and was suspended for a few games last year. Maybe the Ravens know something the rest of the league doesn't. Owen Daniels is the biggest lose so far.. and he is as old as dirt.

Every year they lose players that are popular and nearly every time those players change teams and are never heard from again.

I never worry about the Ravens off season moves.. I always trust that they know better than I do as far as improving the team.

In Ozzie We Trust!

There is some crazy ass stuff happening in the NFL. Eagles seem like they are cleaning house...playmakers leaving left and right.

Then Saints trading Graham to the...Seahawks? How does Seattle manage their salary cap is beyond me.

That doesn't cover all the surprising stuff but really I suppose should anything in the NFL surprise us?

Steelers have a lot of holes to fill on d. Worilds retires at 27 and some old timers are cut/getting asked to retire:Keissel and Palamalu.

Hell Lebeau went to the Titans and it sounds like James Harrison might follow...

And to Jeffs question two words Paul Allen.

Any of you creeps follow the team that a young Australian man by the name of Jarryd Hayne signed with this year? I already forget who it was, but anyone reckon he's got a chance of starting a match over there?

For anyone curious, he was basically the best player in our football league (the NRL) here and just happened to play for "my team" (see my signature, for the Mighty Eels) before he decided to try his luck in the US. I honestly believe that if he gets a start he could set the place alight, but what on earth are the odds of him getting a start over there?

EDIT - San Fransisco 49ers. That's who he's with. Any fans here?

Well my Oreagles have turned it arround today, signing both Demarco Murray and Ryan Mathews, which gives us a backfield of Murray, Mathews, Sproles, and Polk. Wicked (although Polk is likely to be traded).

Still not happy with the Sam Bradford acquisition, but that backfield is a MONSTER.

In effect, we traded LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso, Demarco Murray and $5.5 million. That's a win.

Steelers have a lot of holes to fill on d. Worilds retires at 27 and some old timers are cut/getting asked to retire:Keissel and Palamalu.

Hell Lebeau went to the Titans and it sounds like James Harrison might follow...

Not sure I follow...Paul Allen may be loaded but every team in the NFL must follow the same salary cap rules. I have a feeling once Russell Wilson cashes they might be gutting some parts of their roster or trying to push cap money out to later years, only prolonging a roster makeover. I suppose if you win some super bowls now that is a strategy.

The Eagles...I agree the Murray signing helped. He did run behind the best offensive line in the NFL though. AND had a decent QB, veteran TE and one of the best WR's to open up that run game a bit. Matthews? meh...what has he ever done besides get hurt?

Not sure I follow...Paul Allen may be loaded but every team in the NFL must follow the same salary cap rules. I have a feeling once Russell Wilson cashes they might be gutting some parts of their roster or trying to push cap money out to later years, only prolonging a roster makeover. I suppose if you win some super bowls now that is a strategy.

I suspect as with anything cash gifts, MIcrosoft stock and/or hoses on Lake Washington don't impact you salary cap...

Just a hunch anyway.

I do agree that once these players, like Wilson re-negotiate their contracts the shuffling will begin.

• 4 weeks later...

And now... Tebow Time!!!

Tebow-Tebowing-350x227.jpg

Seriously???

I mean he's a great guy and all, but cannot play QB. Reuniting him with Mark Sanchez... have we become the New York Jets?

WTF is Kelly doing?

I doubt it will be 8 games. More likely 2-3.

If it *IS* 8 games, then the NFL is setting the unpopular precedent that deflating game balls is more severe than repeat DUIs or beating your significant other.

• 3 months later...

Aaaannnnnnnd.... the game is blacked out. Here in downstate IL, technically I live within the fringe of the Indianapolis market but don't get any of the Indianapolis TV stations, and Illinois by and large is a Bears market not Colts.

Fuckers.