American Sniper

anamal

• My Little Pony

From what I've heard, it's just another propaganda film. And it's also being brought to light that most, if not all, of it is not true.

To be honest, I'd rather read his book ... at least then, you're (probably) reading HIS view, rather than someone else's interpretation of what he had to do, and why he had to do it.

I haven't seen it yet, Danny....but many people I've talked to said it was great. I'll probably go see it this next weekend!

reason i ask is i have a buddy that is featured in the movie , he is played by Rey Gallagos (Frantic from Sons of Anarchy)..and he is mentioned in the book at the bridge crossing part..just curious.....and he does not ever mention his time with the seals..he spent 23 years in them...god bless him

• My Little Pony

From what I've heard, it's just another propaganda film. And it's also being brought to light that most, if not all, of it is not true.

Do you remember where you read or heard this? About it not being true.

http://mpmacting.com/blog/2014/7/19/truth-justice-and-the-curious-case-of-chris-kyle

• My Little Pony

I personally can't wait to see it. First movie I've been interested in in about 2 years.

Doesn't surprise me.

• My Little Pony

The trial is suppose to start soon.

This is turning out to be the plot for a whole nother film. And I'd watch this one.

I personally can't wait to see it. First movie I've been interested in in about 2 years.

Doesn't surprise me.

Because I just take something for what it is?

Nothing more frustrating that bullshit piled upon bullshit about everything and anything EXCEPT for... is the actual movie itself a good entertaining movie or not? Life is that simple. Keep making up your conspiracy theories about propaganda and exactly which word from every line of speech in the film is true or not, and if the rock featured in the intro is the real rock that was there when that moment was meant to take place in real life. And is his nose the same shape as the real guy? What about the gleam in his eye? Is that exactly the same as the real guy? Enjoy wasting time thinking about fucking garbage while the proper, logical people sit back with popcorn and a beer and decide whether or not the movie is any good or not, based on the actual film. You toss. Haha. Go to church and leave watching movies to the proper people. ;)

Rant ended.

I'll watch it when it hits DVD. Cooper is supposed to be phenomenal in it. I could give two sh*ts about the so called controversy surrounding it. It's just a f*ckin' movie. Sheesh.

I'll watch it when it hits DVD. Cooper is supposed to be phenomenal in it. I could give two sh*ts about the so called controversy surrounding it. It's just a f*ckin' movie. Sheesh.

Word. I cannot understand why people want to make life so difficult and miserable for themselves. It's much more basic than it seems (to some).

• My Little Pony

Word. I cannot understand why people want to make life so difficult and miserable for themselves. It's much more basic than it seems (to some).

Yeah, but the film is so jingoistic, it holds absolutely no substance for anyone who isn't from the USA. Which is the main reason I'm saving my nickels, and will watch something else.

Also, I'm not sure how my faith ties into this. Apart from Keef, I probably watch more films than anyone here.

If you ignore the controversy, it's a war film ... although in this case it's based on one man's account, and he is no longer around to respond to the criticisms being levelled. Like I said, I'd rather read his book - I don't like the idea that he's being judged by someone else's interpretation of his thinking and motivation ... and I can't help but wonder what some of the armchair critics would do when faced with the kind of choices that he apparently had to make.

Controversy when it comes to the armed forces is nothing new. Nor is pillorying those who have to do things that the civilian population find distasteful - look at the guys who served with Bomber Command during WWII; they did what they were ordered to do, in direct response to what the enemy was doing, yet for years their reputation was tarnished and the crews were made to feel like pariahs ...

Snipers have been a part of warfare since muskets were invented. They are paid to do a job, and they do that job to the best of their ability. I don't hear anyone criticising the Russian soldier who racked up a fair body count in the ruins of Stalingrad; nor does anyone appear to be up in arms over the revelations in the UK press about the Royal Marine sniper with a similar tally - could it just be that THIS guy was American? And it's an unapologetically American film? Made by the VERY American Clint Eastwood?

If you don't like the premise for the film, don't go and see it. No-one is forcing you to watch it.

Yeah, but the film is so jingoistic, it holds absolutely no substance for anyone who isn't from the USA. Which is the main reason I'm saving my nickels, and will watch something else.

Also, I'm not sure how my faith ties into this. Apart from Keef, I probably watch more films than anyone here.

Well just quietly, you suck at watching movies. So stop doing it. You're thinking waaaaay too much about something which needs no thought.

I can't be interested in it because it's patriotic? It definitely must be the first patriotic US film ever. I've definitely never seen another one. Glad you alerted me that only Americans are allowed to watch it, though. Stupid me thought anyone interested in the trailers could happily watch it.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to watch movies, send me a PM and I'll give you some tips. First one would be to stop doing everything you currently do when it comes to watching movies.

If you ignore the whole media circus/controversy then it's a passable war movie. Whether it's all true or not, who cares. It's just a movie. My only complaint regarding the controversy is what makes this guy any more of a hero than any of the other soldiers out there doing the job they are paid for? Because he wrote a book about it? Regardless, if you like war movies you will probably like this one too.

Glad you alerted me that only Americans are allowed to watch it

:D

Waitaminnit... If Geoff can't watch American movies because he's Aussie, does this mean I'm not allowed to watch Australian movies? Cuz Damn, I was really looking forward to that new "Mad Max" flick. :rofl2:

But seriously folks...

One of the main reasons I'm interested in "Sniper" is cuz Bradley Cooper is reportedly sniffing around the idea of portraying the pulp paperback action hero Mack Bolan (aka "The Executioner") in a movie, which would be awesome cuz I've been reading those books since I was in high school and that project's been hung up in Development Hell forever. (according to Mack's "origin" story, by the way, he started out serving as a sniper in the Marines.)

As much as I would love to finally see Mack Bolan on screen, I've only ever seen Cooper in comedies like the "Hangover" flicks, so I'm mainly curious to see how he does in a shoot-em-up.

• My Little Pony

Glad you alerted me that only Americans are allowed to watch it, though. Stupid me thought anyone interested in the trailers could happily watch it.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to watch movies, send me a PM and I'll give you some tips. First one would be to stop doing everything you currently do when it comes to watching movies.

Is that what I actually said? Go back a re-read my post.

And you need to empty your inbox first.