American Sniper

anamal

• My Little Pony

One of the main reasons I'm interested in "Sniper" is cuz Bradley Cooper is reportedly sniffing around the idea of portraying the pulp paperback action hero Mack Bolan (aka "The Executioner") in a movie, which would be awesome cuz I've been reading those books since I was in high school and that project's been hung up in Development Hell forever. (according to Mack's "origin" story, by the way, he started out serving as a sniper in the Marines.)

As much as I would love to finally see Mack Bolan on screen, I've only ever seen Cooper in comedies like the "Hangover" flicks, so I'm mainly curious to see how he does in a shoot-em-up.

For shoot-em up, check out The A-Team. But if you want to know if he can act, check out Silver Linings Playbook.

I'll watch it when it hits DVD. Cooper is supposed to be phenomenal in it. I could give two sh*ts about the so called controversy surrounding it. It's just a f*ckin' movie. Sheesh.

Word. I cannot understand why people want to make life so difficult and miserable for themselves. It's much more basic than it seems (to some).

Yeah, but the film is so jingoistic, it holds absolutely no substance for anyone who isn't from the USA. Which is the main reason I'm saving my nickels, and will watch something else.

Also, I'm not sure how my faith ties into this. Apart from Keef, I probably watch more films than anyone here.

Glad you alerted me that only Americans are allowed to watch it, though. Stupid me thought anyone interested in the trailers could happily watch it.

Anyway, if you want to learn how to watch movies, send me a PM and I'll give you some tips. First one would be to stop doing everything you currently do when it comes to watching movies.

Is that what I actually said? Go back a re-read my post.

And you need to empty your inbox first.

Yep, it's basically what you said. Of course I like to embellish the point to emphasise how stupid your point of view on this is, but yeah, you did basically say that it's not worth watching if you're not from the USA. Creep.

And I think my inbox is okay isn't it?

Stupid me thought anyone interested in the trailers could happily watch it.

i think it's more geared towards those living in one.

Second time in this thread someone has indicated that only morons should be interested in this movie. I hope you're not religious like the other guy, otherwise there is some thick irony in the air here.

Anyway, enjoy doing your logarithms and equations while I pour beer into my ear while I watch this movie. I pour beer into my ear because my IQ is obviously too low to pour it into my mouth. I just fank Daan for lettttting mie borroww his lapt top ivory daay so I caan tipe on thizz forrunm?

Second time in this thread someone has indicated that only morons should be interested in this movie. I hope you're not religious like the other guy, otherwise there is some thick irony in the air here.

Anyway, enjoy doing your logarithms and equations while I pour beer into my ear while I watch this movie. I pour beer into my ear because my IQ is obviously too low to pour it into my mouth. I just fank Daan for lettttting mie borroww his lapt top ivory daay so I caan tipe on thizz forrunm?

I thought his comment was funny....but anyway why are we seriously talking about IQ levels when it comes to Hollywood movies!!! They are 99% made so that the viewer doesn't have to think while watching....

I thought his comment was funny....but anyway why are we seriously talking about IQ levels when it comes to Hollywood movies!!! They are 99% made so that the viewer doesn't have to think while watching....

Or why films like 'Let the Right One In' and 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' are re-made ... so that the dim-bulbs in the audience don't have to read subtitles ..

statism, patriotism, and religion all share the same tactic of early indoctrination to snag their followers before they are able to utilize critical thought to question them.

I moved to AZ for the weather, i have no plans to assimilate with the culture.