Work Of Art - Framework

Stefan

The flag bearers of modern AOR return...hooorah! Ten tracks and 40 odd minutes is completely fine with me too, as long as they are all killers.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Russ, that "too soft" comment is a bit weird, imo. These guys aren't really any "softer" than a lot of what we all talk about here. Obviously for me "softness" bears no impact at all on whether a song or band is good or not, so I may not be the best person to speak on this, but yeah, I never thought of these guys as any "softer" than anyone else.

Like I said, though, to me a killer song is just a killer song. "Soft" or heavy - either it's good or not. Much easier than trying to figure out if it's heavy enough too. ;) And these guys know the f*ck out of writing good songs, so I can't wait for this mofo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you...

I tried a few songs off In Progress...Too light and too many keyboards for me. I generally like the slightly heavier side of the AOR spectrum. I never really got into bands like Toto/Survivor/Journey...And my initial reaction was that is where Work Of Art seems to fall.

Not that there is anything wrong with those bands....All huge bands with big followings that probably define traditional AOR. I just like stuff with a tiny bit more punch to it. For me, the past 2 H.e.a.t albums are exactly what I like :)

I 'm willing to give Framework a chance though as some initial reports are that it is a bit heavier. It wouldn't take much for it to fall into my wheelhouse.

This one will be killer! I can't believe the negative comments. The two first releases were so damn fine.

Well, if you don't like AOR, you don't like AOR. But, yes, this should be at the top of every AOR fan's Most Wanted list.

I don't mind some AOR, but I like it with a little umph.

The funny thing from the two sample tracks are the titles. First track is 'Time To Let Go' and the other is called 'Can't Let Go'. I know English might not be their first language, but I still had to chuckle.

• 3 weeks later...

Heavier, edgier and better than the other single. Reminds me of something that would have fit perfectly on Treat's - Coup De Grace. That solo is simply stunning, it is what clearly separates Lionville from WOA. It has a Steve Vai sound it....easily the best solo of 2014 so far. I'm stoked!

• My Little Pony

The last album was very average so I hope for something better this time. Hopefully they can do a Houston or Sonic Station and follow up a bad album with something really good.

I think you might need to have lie down, Kim. You're talking crazy-talk.

The last album was very average so I hope for something better this time. Hopefully they can do a Houston or Sonic Station and follow up a bad album with something really good.

I think you might need to have lie down, Kim. You're talking crazy-talk.

Nolan, there really IS something wrong with him... ;)

• 2 weeks later...