Work Of Art - Framework

Stefan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yawn

Agree

This one will be killer! I can't believe the negative comments. The two first releases were so damn fine.

• My Little Pony

This one will be killer! I can't believe the negative comments. The two first releases were so damn fine.

Well, if you don't like AOR, you don't like AOR. But, yes, this should be at the top of every AOR fan's Most Wanted list.

I get that, however I wouldn't comment on a band that I knew wasn't my style. It's like me commenting on a rap or blues cd. Why bother!?!?

Well, if you don't like AOR, you don't like AOR. But, yes, this should be at the top of every AOR fan's Most Wanted list.

Like AOR or not that last album was f awesome........and the debut wasnt far behind.

They consistently write the best hooks / choruses in the genre imo.

Like AOR or not that last album was f awesome........and the debut wasnt far behind.

They consistently write the best hooks / choruses in the genre imo.

AOR perfection if you ask me...

• My Little Pony

I get that, however I wouldn't comment on a band that I knew wasn't my style. It's like me commenting on a rap or blues cd. Why bother!?!?

Yes, well, that I can not answer.

I don't mind some AOR, but I like it with a little umph.

I don't mind some AOR, but I like it with a little umph.

Agree. This is way too soft for me.

Because that is our right I guess. No one said anything bad like" this band f'in sucks" and shit like that. If we all only commented on things we like/love, I think that we be kind of boring in here. Also, someone said a little while back that people were not on here enough anymore or leaving comment and stuff. Just me I guess.

• My Little Pony

You must not have gotten through their second album. Actually, both albums have their heavier tracks near the end.

You must not have gotten through their second album. Actually, both albums have their heavier tracks near the end.

I will revisit.

From Frontiers Records:

Frontiers Records is excited to announce the release of the long awaited third album from Swedish melodic rockers WORK OF ART entitled "Framework" on September 19th in Europe and September 22nd in North America.

"Framework" comes 3 years after the release of "In Progress", an album that solidified WORK OF ART's reputation as one of the most talented newcomers in the Melodic Rock genre. Drawing comparisons from such bands as Toto, Giant and Journey, WORK OF ART literally came from nowhere when in 2008 their debut album "Artwork" hit the streets and catapulted them into the stardom of the genre!

"After our last record was released, we started to play live for the first time" says main composer and guitar player Robert Säll. "It really brought us together in a whole new way and kind of revitalized the band. From there, the decision to make a new album was more or less a no brainer. So really, the inspiration for this new album came from playing live and from meeting all the wonderful fans!"

The new album was written and recorded in a time frame of about one year and a half and is the logical next step after "In Progress". "Framework" musically encompasses all that WORK OF ART managed to create until now, offering another bunch of unforgettable songs with soaring melodies (courtesy of the golden throat of singer Lars Säfsund) and amazing instrumental prowess (offered by Robert Säll and drummer Herman Furin). Overall this is certainly WORK OF ART's most up-tempo and straight ahead album so far, but -- as it should be -- some unbelievable softer moments are there as well!

"I think it safe to say that, style wise, this album continues in the footsteps of our previous two albums. We tried to stretch our sound a little though, some heavier songs and some softer songs" continues Robert.

By popular demand WORK OF ART debuted live in Madrid, Spain in January 2012. When asked if WORK OF ART will be following up the new release with a proper tour, Robert Säll answers: "We will certainly try to gig as much as possible. We're already in discussion with several different promoters and then of course, we'll be playing at Melodicrock Fest in Chicago in October!"