Kix - Rock Your Face Off

Stefan

kix-press-release.jpg

New album out August 5th.

From blabbermouth.net:

For KIX, not recording any new music for two decades has been far too long. Fans have made it known for years that they want new music. And now, the time has finally come. The Maryland band is primed and ready to "Rock Your Face Off" with their seventh new album, set for release August 5 on Loud & Proud Records. It's everything fans know and love them for: a raucous, roaring and real display of rock 'n' roll. The first single, "Love Me With Your Top Down", will be released to radio and online retail outlets later this month. Eddie Trunk will exclusively world premiere the song during his "Friday Night Rocks" radio show originating from Q104.3 (heard in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut) this Friday, June 20 from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. ET. It will then air via his numerous North American syndicated affiliates on Saturday, June 20 and he'll play it on Monday, June 23 during his "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" show that airs on SiriusXM's "Hair Nation" channel (39) at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET.

As guitarist Brian "Damage" Forsythe explains: "When we first played 'Love Me With Your Top Down' live just a few months ago, it went over like gangbusters with the fans. It's a catchy little tune with classic KIX flavor, a perfect choice for the first taste of the record."

What makes the new album even more exciting and anticipated is that it features most of the band's original lineup: Steve Whiteman (vocals), Brian "Damage" Forsythe (guitar), Ronnie "10/10" Younkins (guitar), Jimmy "Chocolate" Chalfant (drums), with the exception of Mark Schenker (bass).

With "Rock Your Face Off", KIX stirs up their truest statement to date in 2014. "It's still hot women, fast cars, and great moments," concludes Whiteman. "I want everybody to end up on their feet, whether they're working out or stuck in rush hour traffic. This is a release, something to lift your spirits when you need it. You can party to this one."

KIX gracefully eased back into the public consciousness in 2008. After sold-out hometown gigs, the quintet hit the stage at Rocklahoma in front of over 20,000 people, venturing out of the Mid-Atlantic for the first time in 13 years. The band was hailed by many music web sites and attendees as "Best Performance" at the festival, where they played alongside SAMMY HAGAR, ALICE COOPER, TESLA, QUEENSRŸCHE, RATT, and more. After capturing their fiery reunion on 2012's "Live In Baltimore" CD and DVD, the band agreed to enter the studio once again.

"In many ways, this is for the KIX diehards as much as it is for us," guitarist Brian Forsythe explains. "When we started doing this again, tons of fans came out of the woodwork. They'd show up with their kids, and it was just incredible to see. We had to deliver for them."

In order to deliver, the band enlisted the talents of producer Taylor Rhodes (AEROSMITH, OZZY OSBOURNE), with whom they had last collaborated on 1991's "Hot Wire". Also, for the first time in the group's history, each member contributed to the writing process, fostering an extremely creative and free environment in the studio. A new dawn commenced as they simultaneously harnessed their classic spirit.

"It was more free-flowing because everybody got to write and come up with ideas," says singer Steve Whiteman. "We encouraged this new freedom within the creative process."

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialKIX

KIX-Rock-Your-Face-Off-640x640.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Wheels In Motion
2. You’re Gone
3. Can’t Stop The Show
4. Rollin’ In Honey
5. Rock Your Face Off
6. All The Right Things
7. Dirty Girls
8. Inside Outside Inn
9. Mean Miss Adventure
10. Love Me With Your Top Down
11. Tail On The Wag
12. Rock & Roll Showdown

Woot. Bring it on!!

:headbanger:

I Second that!!! :headbanger: Awesome tune!! If the rest of the CD Is this good??? DAMN!

Agree!

• 1 month later...

Good / average hard rock, though there is absolutely nothing original here. Still sounds like kix but it was never going to blow anyone's fuse or anything. If you were never a fan of kix then I wouldn't bother.

Truly terrible cover art, Karpetface is stoned (most anticipated album in a decade???), but I'll check this out tomorrow. My expectations are basically what Justin says above, but I'll try it out.

A lot of under-rated bands on this forum, but on this forum alone, possibly safe to say these guys are the most over-rated band? ;) imo, of course.

Truly terrible cover art, Karpetface is stoned (most anticipated album in a decade???), but I'll check this out tomorrow. My expectations are basically what Justin says above, but I'll try it out.

A lot of under-rated bands on this forum, but on this forum alone, possibly safe to say these guys are the most over-rated band? ;) imo, of course.

And you are on dope. IMO, of course.

• My Little Pony

I don't understand what me being stoned has to do with anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Digging it. Would love to hear it live from front to back.

Ohhh.. Look who is back. I had wondered what happened to you.

Still playing the KIX release at least every other day.

Digging it. Would love to hear it live from front to back.

Ohhh.. Look who is back. I had wondered what happened to you.

Still playing the KIX release at least every other day.

Everyday here!! Can't wait to see them LIVE!!!

Plenty of spins in and I really like this album. Plenty of 'classic' Kix tracks to keep the fans happy.

But every time I hear Inside Outside Inn I cringe. Horrible. Very nice to be played to whoever it was intended for at the appropriate time. The rest of us didn't need to hear it.