De La Cruz is no more

AlphaMale

Wow.... that sucks. I loved their sound.

As many of you may have noticed, De La Cruz is no longer active. We've decided to part ways and move onto new projects. We apologise for keeping you in the dark through the start of 2014, but we hope you understand that this hasn't been an easy decision for us to make. We want to thank everyone for their support over the last few years. We've had an absolute blast and owe all our success to you. Right now we're going to have a beer, and raise our glasses to all you De La fans worldwide. You'll always be the raddest fucks around. We're going to keep the page open to promote new projects from members past and present, as well as share some music from our mate's bands that we're particularly fond of. Later! - DE LA CRUZ

• My Little Pony

Dafuq?! That came outta nowhere. Well, maybe the guitarist's departure was the sign. I hope they all continue with similar projects.

That kinda sucks, very promising band.

ah bollocks,i enjoyed their debut and was looking forward to the bands progression,suppose when the guitarist left was the beginning of the end so to speak,wish em all well for the future and maybe from the ashes a few new bands will appear?

I wonder if there is any truth to some of the members of DLC reuniting with Casey for a new band?

Doubt it, don't get me wrong, I'd love a reunion of some sort. But as far as I know casey is super busy with his new business venutre he's got going, the singer is back in new zealand, the second guitarist was more into maiden / priest / manowar and thrash anyway....... MAYBE we'll see one of them with a new project, taking a different direction than they did with de la cruz

Yeah good debut but nothing's more

I have tried listening to it again after this news broke, and it still doesnt excite me like it should.

I do think they could have bettered it though with a follow up.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a night ruiner. Loved the debut and would have loved to hear these guys grow better with every release. That's a real shame.