What band(s) do you HATE that you should LOVE?

AlphaMale

If you're like me, sometimes a band comes along that has everything you like in a band, but you don't like them. For one reason or another, you just don't like them even though they have all of the combustible elements of a band you normally love. Maybe the vocals aren't good enough/guy has a funny accent, the songs suck, the production sucks, or maybe there isn't nothing wrong with them at all. You just don't like them.

Any bands fit the bill for you?

Here's a few of mine:

Collision..... this band had a lot to like but I just really hated their disc. The song "Chains" is all I can remember about them but I remember hating this.

Tuff...... I have just never gotten into these guys at all. And I should like them. But I don't. At all. LOL

Union...... Corabi and Kulich? Should love this. Nope. Nada. Didn't like it at all.

Lynch/Pilson...... another I should love. Dokken is one of my favorites. But this did little for me.

Manowar...... I just didn't get these guys at all. I love this style of metal but these guys were beyond cheesy.

Aerosmith....... I did like these guys in the old days. Get Your Wings is classic. But the overplaying of them in the late '80's killed them for me.

House Of Lords....... I should love these guys. But I don't. Never have. I can tolerate a few of there songs but I've tried to listen to old and recent material and I just don't dig it.

Pink Cream 69....... I'll admit, they have some good songs. But I should really love these guys and I don't. Their material just doesn't do it for me. Don't know why.

Can't stand DragonForce, even though on paper they sound like something that should be up my alley. Totally soulless wankery.

Ditto for Dream Theater. I've given them more than enough chances and they bore the man-titties off of me.

For some reason, I've never been able to get into Fates Warning either. Dunno why, but every time they release a new album it is met with torrents of critical jizz from all corners of the metal globe and every damn time I'm like "(shrugs shoulders)"...

Black Country Communion

I don't hate them, but it doesn't do anything for me either..

yeah this is one thing that i should have love but ended up hating it, all three albums

other bands maybe HEART, i love Ann and Nancy's voice but can only stand the s/t, Bad Animals, and Brigade albums, other than that a miss.

KISS, well i love lots of songs but much more fillers in their whole catalogue that made every album isn't really strong, except 'Crazy Nights' and 'Revenge', the only two albums that I think the killers are outweigh the fillers. That also maybe a case for VAN HALEN too

Dream Theater (apart from their first album, which I really like)

The Darkness

Pantera

BulletBoys (a couple of great songs spread over an entire career)

Nightwish (the Tarja Turunen version, with the exception of the song 'Wish I Had An Angel', which is fantastic!)

Iron Maiden is the first one to come to mind....

Same for me. W.A.S.P. also.

?

Everything up to at least 7th son is awesome.

Virtually untouchable live in the 80s as well.............

?

Everything up to at least 7th son is awesome.

Virtually untouchable live in the 80s as well.............

Yeah fans can't understand why everyone doesn't love their fav band... :lol: ...for me it is Dickinson's vocals that irritate the most...

Another band is Journey, although they are rather soft for my usual taste....and then we have Perry's vocals which are like fingernails on a chalkboard for me... :lol:

Pink Cream 69....... I'll admit, they have some good songs. But I should really love these guys and I don't. Their material just doesn't do it for me. Don't know why.

With you 100% on PC69.

I don't like Aerosmith either, but they don't fit the criteria, as I don't feel that I should love them.

I might need to add Treat - I like the sound they make, but I find the actual songs pretty dull. Hate is a bit strong though, I don't hate them.

But The Poodles would definitely fit this bill for me.

With you 100% on PC69.

I don't like Aerosmith either, but they don't fit the criteria, as I don't feel that I should love them.

I might need to add Treat - I like the sound they make, but I find the actual songs pretty dull. Hate is a bit strong though, I don't hate them.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates PC69.

I agree with you on Treat. Should like 'em but just don't. Very dull and uninspiring.

Aerosmith

Guns N Roses

The Darkness

Buckcherry (A few songs but on a whole....meh)

Poison (can't stand em)

TNT (Other than a few songs)

Pantera (just can't get into them)

Slayer (see above)

Judas Priest (except for a few songs, just don't like em)

Steel Panther

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

but then again I like Dream Theater, Fates warning and Steve Perry's vocals.

Philistine! :)

With you 100% on PC69.

I think there's ONE song by The Poodles that I can listen to over and over again ... but the title escapes me ... which kind of says it all ...

Aerosmith

Guns N Roses

The Darkness

Buckcherry (A few songs but on a whole....meh)

Poison (can't stand em)

TNT (Other than a few songs)

Pantera (just can't get into them)

Slayer (see above)

Judas Priest (except for a few songs, just don't like em)

Steel Panther

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

but then again I like Dream Theater, Fates warning and Steve Perry's vocals.

Yeah, Buckcherry are another one ...

I've never loved Bang Tango on CD, but they're pretty fantastic live ...

Just some thoughts on the last few posts -

PC69 - a couple of their albums I really like - electrified, in10sity, Thunderdome.......my main gripe with this band is they just didnt cut it live.....the problem lies with Readman - he just doesnt come across as a very confident main man.

Treat - I really only like Coup if Im honest

TNT - agree with Chris - really oberrated band for me. Just a handful of songs I like, the rest is really bland.

Bang Tango - First 2 albums are great, and live as someone said, they rock. Not really heard their other stuff

Judas Priest - good shout - just YUK. dislike.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like (practically I almost have nothing from them on the shelves of my collection) Dream Theater ( well actually I have their first 3 vinyls-even the Korean version of Images and words/ WDADU is my favorite from them by a country mile), saxon ( except Unleash the beast), motorhead, venom, kiss, sodom ( I love some of their tunes), slayer ( although I like tormentor and the leads of that album :whistle: ), ac/dc, maiden + priest, 90% of Nwobhm bands ( I used M. Popof's definition of Nwobhm here) , pantera, guns and roses, queensryche ( except first EP, half Warning and of course Myth demo- still looking for an original copy of this. Terry, are you reading this?) and so it goes...

Fun thread, but can I be really boring and say no one. Why should I like any bands that I don't already like? :lol: If they made good songs, I'd like them. If they don't, I don't like them, and hence I should not like them, lol.

There are plenty of bands listed here I don't like - Iron Maiden, (most of) Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Bang Tango, The Darkness, Buckcherry, Queensryche, etc. etc. The list goes on. And of course I guess people think I should like Van Halen? But I don't because they record far too many awful songs. So then I shouldn't like them, should I?

Haha, sorry for being awkward and picky. I like fun new threads and this is one of them, but my honest answer would be no one.

Gotta say, I don't know how a self respecting fan of melodic hard rock can not like Treat's 'Organised Crime.' :lol: Truly don't get it. Have the haters truly sat down with that disc? For me it is basically the epitome of how melodic hard rock should sound. Perfect drums, guitar and production, imo.

Not to say it's the best album ever recorded, but I don't see what there is not to like about it. ;) To each their own, of course, though. Youtube 'Conspiracy' tonight and thesis me on how that is possibly a poor song in any way shape or form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6M-1JmxT1M

• My Little Pony

Fun thread, but can I be really boring and say no one. Why should I like any bands that I don't already like? :lol: If they made good songs, I'd like them. If they don't, I don't like them, and hence I should not like them, lol.

There are plenty of bands listed here I don't like - Iron Maiden, (most of) Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Bang Tango, The Darkness, Buckcherry, Queensryche, etc. etc. The list goes on. And of course I guess people think I should like Van Halen? But I don't because they record far too many awful songs. So then I shouldn't like them, should I?

Haha, sorry for being awkward and picky. I like fun new threads and this is one of them, but my honest answer would be no one.

Heh. Oh, Geoffery. This is exactly why I hadn't replied to this thread either. I don't know what's going on. Perhaps fatherhood has finally smacked some sense into you, because you're finally saying things I can agree with. ;}