Huge Backing Vocals

• My Little Pony

So, I was listening to Winger's "Blind Revolution Mad," and I was reminded how much I love that huge wall of vocals. It made me want to compile a list of artists, or just tracks, that use backing vox to the extreme. Then I was reminded of how little I know, so I thought I'd get your suggestions. Which bands took advantage of their back up singers the most? Which tracks are the best examples?

Yeah, I thought of Def Leppard ... some of Queensryche's stuff benefits from having a huge backing vocal, too ...

Blue Tears, of course... and any CD with Desmond Child's contribution / influence (eg. 'Saints and Sinners' by Kane Roberts).

• My Little Pony

• My Little Pony

Here are some examples of what I'm looking for. Many bands use background vocals, but I'm looking for backup vocals in the forefront, if that makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkz8NZe5WfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybICtsy5cJU

(Now that I think about it, the reason I consider Wall of Silence to be one of my all-time favourite albums may be because of the huge vocals. On. Every. Track!)

How about Lillian Axe? 'World Stopped Turning' springs to mind. Great track and I seem to recall some pretty cool / loud harmonies.

• 3 weeks later...

(Now that I think about it, the reason I consider Wall of Silence to be one of my all-time favourite albums may be because of the huge vocals. On. Every. Track!)

Inspired by this very post, I've been listening to the album. It's okay, not exactly my cup of tea and I think "It's Only Love" is a dreadful song, but I'm loving "Nobody's Hero". I think they saved the best til last! (Ooh, I think there's a thread on that...)

For me, this is possibly the best song ever with huge backing vocals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLT6wL-pTng

Great song, underrated band. Other great tracks by them also had big harmonies, such as 'Hideaway', 'Share A Dream' and 'Cry Out'.

Great song, underrated band. Other great tracks by them also had big harmonies, such as 'Hideaway', 'Share A Dream' and 'Cry Out'.

;)

You mean this:

;)

You mean this:

What a chooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!

Perfect, 10/10, marvellous. :bowdown:

Hey bro, search through my post history, ive posted this same question 2 different times, and there are some pretty extensive lists, but since im a sucker and have HUGE WOOD for over production, here are a few of my favorite, of course starting with the all time, will never be beaten cd!

BLUE TEARS! 1990, I emailed David Cole, he told me he fucking hated Gregg Fulkerson, and they used something like 190 tracks on backing vocals, I also messaged Ken Tamplin, to ask him about Magdallen, - Big Bang he told me he showed up at the studio every morning at 4am, for 2 months, and sang backing vocals until 10am for that disc,

Sic Vicki - Kiss Me In French

V.A.N. - Out In The Rain

Von Groove - Mission Man

Y&T - Contagious

Danger Danger - ST

Giant - Last Of The Runaways

Eyes - ST

Fair Warning - ST

Grand Design - both discs

Marcello\Vestry - Fireworks

Rockhead - ST

Saints & Sinners - ST

Surrender - Better Late Then Never

T-Ride - ST

Jaded Heart - Helluva Time

Lancia - ST

Lillian Axe - Anything

Loud & Clear - Disconected

Emerald Rain - Anything

Melidian - Lost In The Wild

Sleeze Beez - S,B,&T

The Cars - Heartbeat City

Anyways, some may disagree with me, these r just what I can think of off the top of my head, some are over produced, some are huge backing vocals that arent produced well at all(V.A.N.), basically anything by David Cole is sitting on 100 Backing vocal trax, the country band Emerson Drives - ST, Poco - Legacy are a couple, there are a lot more, but thats basically what im constantly searching for, just fake synthetic sounding unrealistic shit, I fucking love it, hope this helped a little.

• My Little Pony

Hey bro, search through my post history, ive posted this same question 2 different times, and there are some pretty extensive lists, but since im a sucker and have HUGE WOOD for over production, here are a few of my favorite, of course starting with the all time, will never be beaten cd!

BLUE TEARS! 1990, I emailed David Cole, he told me he fucking hated Gregg Fulkerson, and they used something like 190 tracks on backing vocals, I also messaged Ken Tamplin, to ask him about Magdallen, - Big Bang he told me he showed up at the studio every morning at 4am, for 2 months, and sang backing vocals until 10am for that disc,

Sic Vicki - Kiss Me In French

V.A.N. - Out In The Rain

Von Groove - Mission Man

Y&T - Contagious

Danger Danger - ST

Giant - Last Of The Runaways

Eyes - ST

Fair Warning - ST

Grand Design - both discs

Marcello\Vestry - Fireworks

Rockhead - ST

Saints & Sinners - ST

Surrender - Better Late Then Never

T-Ride - ST

Jaded Heart - Helluva Time

Lancia - ST

Lillian Axe - Anything

Loud & Clear - Disconected

Emerald Rain - Anything

Melidian - Lost In The Wild

Sleeze Beez - S,B,&T

The Cars - Heartbeat City

Anyways, some may disagree with me, these r just what I can think of off the top of my head, some are over produced, some are huge backing vocals that arent produced well at all(V.A.N.), basically anything by David Cole is sitting on 100 Backing vocal trax, the country band Emerson Drives - ST, Poco - Legacy are a couple, there are a lot more, but thats basically what im constantly searching for, just fake synthetic sounding unrealistic shit, I fucking love it, hope this helped a little.

Heh. Yessir. I got some work to do. Cheers, mate.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony