SunStrike - Rock Your World

Stefan

1531559_409466285823696_1750138510_n.jpg

SunStrike from Sweden are working on their debut album and 2 demos can be heard below.
Great sounding demos, very promising!

Rock Your World: https://soundcloud.com/sunstrikeband/sunstrike-rock-your-world-demo

Power Of Your Dreams: https://soundcloud.com/sunstrikeband/sunstrike-power-of-the-dreams

Sounds good for a demo! Lyrics need some work, but I will check this out for sure!

• 8 months later...

Deal with AOR Heaven

From FB:

A big update folks!

We are happy to announce that we have closed a deal with AOR Heaven, and if everything goes as planned our debutalbum will be out spring 2014!

And we would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just listened to this one last night... Pretty good stuff indeed

• My Little Pony

This is a very good album. There may not be enough variation between songs, for my liking, but it's still pretty solid. H.e.a.t is definitely an influence here, and the vocals sound like a mix of Pekka Heino and Erik Gronwall.

• 2 weeks later...

This is another solid Melodic Rock band. Similar to H.E.A.T., classic Europe, Eclipse, White Widdow and even classic Triumph (Especially the chorus to Power Of The Dreams) thrown in the mix.

Everything about this is great, the lead vocals are solid, not distinct, but not accented and the dude has power. The gang vocals are huge, the songs are all good, no real filler, the production is spot on and the sound is huge, full and heavy. A Scandi band that does not sound Scandi ie: accented vocals like Diamond Down, Europe or Lenny era H.E.A.T. My biggest and only criticism might be that some of the lyrics are too cheesy at times....although most bands of this genre are guilty of it.

1. Power Of The Dreams (a very Triumph like chorus...awesome) 9/10

2. Rock Your World (the gang vocals in the chorus are righteous...lyrics are bit cheesy) 9/10

3. Fireball (a hard hitting track that will be a favorite of many) 8/10

4. Right Track (the right track is Right Track...wow, great chorus and awesome solo) 9.5/10

5. Roll The Dice (OK tune, bad lyrics kinda ruin it) 6/10

6. Rock It Out (Europe of 1986-88 is resurrected...scary!) 7/10

7. Never Let You Go (more Melodic bliss, reminds me again of what Triumph could have released after Surveillance) 9/10

8. Higher (starts off like a ballad but kicks into a rocker, solid) 7.5/10

9. Scream And Shout (a fast paced killer Melodic Metal track, nearing Power Metal...but not quite) 8/10

10. Into The Light (White Widdow styled melodic bliss...more cheesy lyrics) 9/10

11. Edge Of Life (reminds me of something H.E.A.T. would do, simply awesome) 9/10

12. Heat Of The Night (another fast paced Melodic Metal rocker) 8/10

No surprise my favorites are the more AORish melodic tracks

This one deserves as much attention as H.E.A.T and Brother Firetribe. I highly recommend it.

Its a good album..........youre rating looks pretty high though ;-)

I think 'Roll The Dice' was my fav.

Not quite in the same league as HEAT but not far off.

Just checked out again twice yesterday and I feel this is more like old BON JOVI meets EUROPE, anyone feel the similarity ?

However, for me, the first half is kinda bumpy, the first three tracks are around 7.75 but 'Right Track' is almost 9 for me, that's huge and 2nd best track after the ninth track, 'Into The Light' which I think is the best moment here. The second half is better and more consistent I guess, I also dig 'Rock it Out', 'Never Let You Go', 'Scream and Shout', and 'Edge of Life'.

Overall, I gave it around 83% and might be out of the top 10 by the end of year. Still a great album to check out

I threw a solid 77% on a solid, but for me not overly spectacular CD. It's on from start to end and that's nice. But for me there's not a song here that blows my mind, even though there's nothing I even remotely dislike either. Very good, well produced and tight sound. I hope they stick around and kill it with their 2nd album.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking these guys out and listening to the songs on You Tube...Pretty much agree with Geoff...

Right Track seems to be the highlight for me....Overall though, I'm having a tough time getting past many of the cheesy, cliche lyrics...."Roll the dice until you're on ice"...."Spin me round like a merry- go round".....are a couple lines that come to mind. And the Rock It Our song seems like a reworked version of Europe's Rock The Night to me...

I do like a lot of their elements and they have some potential with better song writing...IMO.

I threw a solid 77% on a solid, but for me not overly spectacular CD. It's on from start to end and that's nice. But for me there's not a song here that blows my mind, even though there's nothing I even remotely dislike either. Very good, well produced and tight sound. I hope they stick around and kill it with their 2nd album.

• 6 months later...

I had to resurrect this thread as I was thinking about what my favorite new album was in 2014 and settled on this one.

I had commented on this album earlier in the thread but it was essentially my initial impressions. And at the time, I was fully engulfed in the new H.e.a.t album and not sure I really gave this album a fair shake. After spending more time listening to this album this year it has really grown on me. I've basically moved past some of the cliche lyrics and just like it for what it is...great sounding melodic AOR/rock with a little bit of an edge to it at times. It really sounds to me like some mixture of late 80's Europe and H.e.a.t.

Songs like Rock Your World, Right Track, Never Let You Go & Roll the Dice have gotten a lot of plays this year...But honestly, I pretty much play the whole album straight through and enjoy it all. It's just smooth, well produced, flows well and has some "punch" at times.

I've seen posted on Facebook that these guys are in the studio working on release #2 so will be interesting to see how they follow this album up.

• 1 year later...

I see these guys are working on a new album...And have Erik Martensson helping them out :)

From their FB page today:

All the files are now sent to Erik Mårtensson for him to do his magic with it. Can't wait to hear the result and share it with you. We know it will be awesome!

Cheers!

I see these guys are working on a new album...And have Erik Martensson helping them out :)

From their FB page today:

All the files are now sent to Erik Mårtensson for him to do his magic with it. Can't wait to hear the result and share it with you. We know it will be awesome!

Cheers!

Nice!