Meet GEOFF TATE'S QUEENSRYCHE

Fat Freddy

Well, I suppose this was inevitable. Ousted Queensryche frontman Geoff Tate has unveiled his own version of the band, which features an all star lineup including former QR guitarist/yes-man Kelly Gray, Bobby Blotzer of Ratt, and Rudy Sarzo. Really? :blink:

7104911_f260.jpg

Singer Geoff Tate (QUEENSRŸCHE) revealed last month that he will support ALICE COOPER on a Canadian tour in November, and will embark on a QUEENSRŸCHE "anniversary tour" in 2013 backed by an "all-star lineup" of musicians.

Tate's personal web site, GeoffTate.com, was upgraded with a new banner that reads "Geoff Tate: The Voice Of QUEENSRŸCHE." In addition, he is billed on the web site for booking agency Monterey International as "QUEENSRŸCHE Starring Geoff Tate: The Original Voice."

In a new post on the Queensryche.com web site, which the singer still controls, Geoff has revealed the lineup of his version of QUEENSRŸCHE. It is as follows:

* Geoff Tate - Vocals

* Rudy Sarzo (ANIMETAL USA, WHITESNAKE, QUIET RIOT, DIO, OZZY OSBOURNE) - Bass

* Bobby Blotzer (RATT) - Drums

* Glen Drover (MEGADETH, KING DIAMOND) - Guitar

* Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE) - Guitar

* Randy Gane – Keyboards

Said Blotzer: "Geoff and QUEENSRŸCHE and RATT have a long history of touring together and I am very excited about this new project with Geoff and the guys."

Comments Geoff: "I'm sure the last few months have been very frustrating for you. I know they have been for me. There are so many questions and so few answers.

"It is said that adversity makes one stronger. Well, I'm definitely in a better place now than I've ever been before. I feel very positive and excited.

"The challenge, when you're in a creative environment, is keeping things fresh and invigorating, and after working with the same people for thirty years, it gets very difficult. You walk into the room, and everybody knows what everyone is going to do. There's no spark, the chemistry is very tried and true and you just keep coming up with the same ways of expressing yourself.

"Today is a new day and I am thrilled to announce the new QUEENSRŸCHE.

"Together we shall embark on a new musical journey that will be a greater extension of where QUEENSRŸCHE has ever been.

"With this new project, with these new people, it's a whole new scene. There are new ideas, different musical backgrounds and a whole new set of parameters. Everyone has ideas you haven't heard before, and everyone is throwing them against the wall and suddenly … the music has a whole new life.

"I look forward to this new life and I hope to see you on tour as all of us come together and begin this new era."

Guitarist Michael Wilton, drummer Scott Rockenfield, bassist Eddie Jackson and Parker Lundgren (guitar) announced on June 20 that they were parting ways with Geoff Tate and recruiting Todd La Torre of CRIMSON GLORY as his replacement.

Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield defeated Tate's motion for a preliminary injunction on July 13 that would have kept them from touring and operating under the band name,

Tate and his wife, Susan, QUEENSRŸCHE's former manager, filed a lawsuit against Geoff's ex-bandmates on June 22 in King County Superior Court over whether he should be awarded the QUEENSRŸCHE name after being dismissed from the group in June. Their complaint states Rockenfield, Wilton and Jackson wrongfully fired the singer and are tarnishing the group's brand by attempting to move forward without him.

If the case goes to trial, the date is set for November 18, 2013.

Quite a lineup with some big names but surprised that Gray would be involved.

Not a surprise at all. He's known Tate since they were kids (he was a member of Tate's pre-Queensryche band years ago) and he's been part of Tate's "inner circle" of nut-swingers/yes-men for almost as long...

No matter who the line-up is, as long as Tate is at the head, any new music is gonna suck....unless he goes ape shit and decides to actually play good stuff...not likely!

Quite a lineup with some big names but surprised that Gray would be involved.

Not a surprise at all. He's known Tate since they were kids (he was a member of Tate's pre-Queensryche band years ago) and he's been part of Tate's "inner circle" of nut-swingers/yes-men for almost as long...

I know all of that but Tate pretty much fired him and they had a falling out i had thought.

No matter who the line-up is, as long as Tate is at the head, any new music is gonna suck....unless he goes ape shit and decides to actually play good stuff...not likely!

Well his old music sucks anyway, so that's not a new news hahaha

So what's the current status of Ratt? Are they still together or planning to release new disc, and if so is Blotzer still part of those plans or is this his sole current project?

I have few thoughts on this new line-up, and cringe at the positive thoughts that this is the start of a new era and a new beginning and blah blah. I'd bet a CD does not get released with this line-up.

As is my habit lately, I wrote a HubPage blog about the current drama in the QR camp...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/t/331e46

The consensus of the Blabbermouth message-board posting community seems to be "Bobby Blotzer can barely play Ratt songs, how the hell is he gonna play Queensryche stuff?" :rofl2:

The consensus of the Blabbermouth message-board posting community seems to be "Bobby Blotzer can barely play Ratt songs, how the hell is he gonna play Queensryche stuff?" :rofl2:

haha that's painful for him, but I guess it's more like of a Reb Beach situation, where he's still a permanent member of WINGER but also a touring member of WHITESNAKE

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I was gonna say, that Blotz could never play that Rockenfeld stuff ever...

Yeah, 'cause you can say what you want about Queensryche's latest material, but Mr. Rockenfield has progressed immensely. Mindcrime II doesn't even come close to the first, but Scott's drumming was miles ahead.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... :(