Tom Keifer solo album

darin

I would prefer a new Cinderella release considering many 'solo' releases have a tendency to suck but I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for a decent listening experience...

I don't think Cinderella will ever get close to 'Long Cold Winter'. I like a few songs on 'Heartbreak Station' and 'Still Climbing' was pretty good, but nowhere near the awesomeness of LCW imo.

I would prefer a new Cinderella release considering many 'solo' releases have a tendency to suck but I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for a decent listening experience...

I don't think Cinderella will ever get close to 'Long Cold Winter'. I like a few songs on 'Heartbreak Station' and 'Still Climbing' was pretty good, but nowhere near the awesomeness of LCW imo.

Everyone has their favs I guess but personally I love all 4 of their releases and would have a hard time picking a favorite...

• My Little Pony

I agree...Long Cold Winter is probably their best, and it's probably one of the best albums to come out of that time period. I would LOVE to hear a Tom Kiefer solo album, although I'm curious to hear how his voice would sound nowadays...

He's decent live, so I imagine in the studio he'd be fine.

• 1 month later...

I thought Night Songs was their best followed closely by Long Cold Winter. They started to lose me with Heartbreak Station, as it was just so damn bluesy (especially the damn song Shelter Me with Little Richard). I don't think I even bothered ever checking out Still Climbing. Is it worth it?

• My Little Pony

I thought Night Songs was their best followed closely by Long Cold Winter. They started to lose me with Heartbreak Station, as it was just so damn bluesy (especially the damn song Shelter Me with Little Richard). I don't think I even bothered ever checking out Still Climbing. Is it worth it?

Still Climbing brought back that hard rock edge. I love everything Cinderella's done. I love Blues. So I might not be objective enough.

Bad Attitude Shuffle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGY0zo8Ej4c

Talk is Cheap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HZ-zf1LKYQ

Blood From a Stone (Probably my favourite from the album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSiYkhSd7I4

Freewheelin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUj5JkKhgus

Hot and Bothered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB92ZGX2YGk

• 3 weeks later...

I like 'Still Climbing' too and agree that 'Blood from a stone' is the best on there, and also one of my favourite Cinderella songs. I'd rank them as such:

1. Night Songs

2. Long cold winter

3. Still climbing

4. Heartbreak station

I look forward to the solo disc - been an age we've heard from these guys at all.

Why can't a new Cinderella album be recorded? What is the actual story there?

I like 'Still Climbing' too and agree that 'Blood from a stone' is the best on their, and also one of my favourite Cinderella songs. I'd rank them as such:

1. Night Songs

2. Long cold winter

3. Still climbing

4. Heartbreak station

I look forward to the solo disc - been an age we've heard from these guys at all.

They recorded a new album or more for Portrait records when Kalodner brought them to the label along with RATT and Great White and those two records didn't do well and that deal fell apart and from what I understand the Cinderella songs aren't owned by the band so they can't release them and I don't think they were completely finished anyway. I think maybe the band sees that touring is so lucrative without the headache of recording new music that probably won't recoup the costs of the recording. It's a shame as I'd love a new release instead of Tom's blues and country style album but I just don't see it happening. Thank God that some of our bands we love like Tesla still enjoy making new music.

I like 'Still Climbing' too and agree that 'Blood from a stone' is the best on their, and also one of my favourite Cinderella songs. I'd rank them as such:

1. Night Songs

2. Long cold winter

3. Still climbing

4. Heartbreak station

They recorded a new album or more for Portrait records when Kalodner brought them to the label along with RATT and Great White and those two records didn't do well and that deal fell apart and from what I understand the Cinderella songs aren't owned by the band so they can't release them and I don't think they were completely finished anyway. I think maybe the band sees that touring is so lucrative without the headache of recording new music that probably won't recoup the costs of the recording. It's a shame as I'd love a new release instead of Tom's blues and country style album but I just don't see it happening. Thank God that some of our bands we love like Tesla still enjoy making new music.

Portrait probably owns the recordings as opposed to the actual songs...I would think Cinderella could re-record the songs themselves...but who would pay for it? Damn Yankees ended up in the same boat, but the songs were divided up between Jack Blades, Styx & Ted Nugent albums (re-recorded each time)...

1. Night Songs

2. Long cold winter

3. Still climbing

4. Heartbreak station

Portrait probably owns the recordings as opposed to the actual songs...I would think Cinderella could re-record the songs themselves...but who would pay for it? Damn Yankees ended up in the same boat, but the songs were divided up between Jack Blades, Styx & Ted Nugent albums (re-recorded each time)...

I agree. They would have to re-record them all and hope there is a label out there that could help recoup some of those costs. Frontiers is great for our music but I don't know if they help with the recording costs at all and if they do I'm sure it's not very much.

1. Night Songs

2. Long cold winter

3. Still climbing

4. Heartbreak station

I agree. They would have to re-record them all and hope there is a label out there that could help recoup some of those costs. Frontiers is great for our music but I don't know if they help with the recording costs at all and if they do I'm sure it's not very much.

I'd be absolutely stunned if there was no label at all interested in releasing new Cinderella tunes. Sounds like it might be a reality, so consider me amazed. I would love to hear what they came up with... would really love to hear it. :(

• 4 months later...