Hardline

The Rocker

Just heard some sample of the new Hardline, and I'm liking what I hear!!!

• My Little Pony

Can you post a link to said sample? Or even give as a hint to what it sounds like: Double Eclipse, or Leaving the End Open?

• My Little Pony

Can you post a link to said sample? Or even give as a hint to what it sounds like: Double Eclipse, or Leaving the End Open?

Either will be fine by me... Love both.

I totally agree about Leaving the End Open. I love that album, but who doesn't wish they'd return to the sound of Double Eclipse?

www.johnnygioeli.net / www.hardlinerocks.com / www.frontiers.it.

I went on the middle one

Looking forward to this! Only liked about half of their last one but the first two are great! II is actually my favorite but not by much over the debut.

Pretty much the same with me. The last one was a good disc, but the stronger tracks are about half of the album, the rest are quite average and a bit passable as far as I recall. It's been a while though, but yeah lookin' forward to this album too

BUt it is really Hardline. I would say that it is a Johnny Gioeli solo record rather than a Hardline record. Alessandro Del Vecchio wrote some the songs and send them to Johnny who loved them and wanted to do another Hardline record.

That said. The songs sounds great,,,, :party421:

• My Little Pony

I'm liking the samples. The funny, sad, annoying... thing is each sample opened up in my iTunes, and after each one had finished it continued straight into "Life's a Bitch." As good as they may be, they will never be Double Eclipse.

I'm liking the samples. The funny, sad, annoying... thing is each sample opened up in my iTunes, and after each one had finished it continued straight into "Life's a Bitch." As good as they may be, they will never be Double Eclipse.

Couldn't agree more :headbanger:

BUt it is really Hardline. I would say that it is a Johnny Gioeli solo record rather than a Hardline record. Alessandro Del Vecchio wrote some the songs and send them to Johnny who loved them and wanted to do another Hardline record.

That said. The songs sounds great,,,, :party421:

very much in agreement with you, clearly it's bit of a cash in.

Pretty cool new cover.

And wow, I hate so say I'm surprised by a band of this quality, despite some not-brilliant recent CDs, but these new samples sound really good. 'Fever dreams,' '10,000 reasons' and 'Please have faith in me' all sound excellent, in fact. Very nice. I will officially look forward to this one now. MUCH better than the new Tyketto.

I do have to wonder... what the hell are they doing naming the album 'Danger Zone,' which is a shit song, and by miles the worst out of those four?

Not to worry, this might be a real surprise for 2012 based on 3 of those 4 songs.

From the samples it sounds like it rocks more like Double Eclipse did and less AOR like Leaving the End Open was. I loved both albums, so either way works for me. :D

-Dan

I always read about things I really want to listen to when I'm at work, so have to wait til I get home (and hope I remember) which is a bit annoying. :doh: If this really does sound like 'Double Eclipse', I'm officially excited.

Like Leaving the end open... i think these tracks will really need a bit of personal time to grow.

Those 3 tracks I mentioned above are so instant, though, imo. I thought they were super different to 'Leaving the end open' because they were more instant catchy melodic tunes.

This is no D.E., but this is sounding real good to me. But then again I did not care for Leaving the End Open, way to mellow AOR for me. This does sound more Melodic Rock , like D.E. so that is more my liking.

• My Little Pony

This is no D.E., but this is sounding real good to me. But then again I did not care for Leaving the End Open, way to mellow AOR for me. This does sound more Melodic Rock , like D.E. so that is more my liking.

Yeah, I think we need to be careful about making comparisons to Double Eclipse. Many of us, myself included, might take that too far, and wind up a little dissapointed. I'm looking forward to this album. Samples sound fantastic, but it definitely doesn't sound like Double Eclipse II.

Yeah, I think we need to be careful about making comparisons to Double Eclipse. Many of us, myself included, might take that too far, and wind up a little dissapointed. I'm looking forward to this album. Samples sound fantastic, but it definitely doesn't sound like Double Eclipse II.

Agree.

Agree.

Shame, but not altogether surprising as that was an amazing album.

Hopefully I'll remember to listen to these samples this evening.