WIG WAM - Wall Street

zacharyamelie

New track from the upcoming release in April

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHm7idxR-4

This track sounds just like.....WIG WAM. I like it, not blowing me away, but I'll certainly get it.

Great band and can't eait for this one. Unfortunately I think they'll always suffer, like most bands who release an awesome debut of never living up to it again. Like most I was a little disappointed by the last album but find it to be the biggest grower of the first 3CDs.... love it now.

Great band and can't eait for this one. Unfortunately I think they'll always suffer, like most bands who release an awesome debut of never living up to it again. Like most I was a little disappointed by the last album but find it to be the biggest grower of the first 3CDs.... love it now.

Not sure many would agree with you on that one, mate. Debut is awesome, but imo 'Wig Wamania' is 10 times better and by far their best. :)

Not sure many would agree with you on that one, mate. Debut is awesome, but imo 'Wig Wamania' is 10 times better and by far their best. :)

+1

+1

Wig Wamania is their best by far IMO but the other two are great as well.

+1

Wig Wamania is their best by far IMO but the other two are great as well.

I prefer the debut over Wig Wamania. Still think the second half of that album is rather weak (especially compared to the excellent first half).

But then again I remember the first time I heard the snippet off the chorus of "Hard to be a R'n'Roller" back in 2004 and I was completely blown away and instantly knew that melodic rock is slowly making its comeback...I had a hard time to hunt down the album and when I finally got it, I played it to death...until "In my Dreams" came out and I was blown away once again.

Therefore my expectations for Wig Wamania were sky-high and couldn't be fulfilled. Still a great album though...

I still don't really know what to think about "Non Stop Rock'n'Roll"...some very average songs and missing an über-song like "In my Dreams" or "Gonna get you someday" imo.

Judging by the vibe of "Wall Street" I'm pretty sure that the newbie is going to be better, but it'll be hard to come close to their first two records.

I made a mix of my fav Wig Wam tunes and that cd is an absolute monster. The band does however write too many fillers and other than Bygone Zone their ballads are generally very, very weak. As a whole I do prefer the debut, with In My Dreams, not the version before it. Wig Wamania and Non Stop Rock N Roll had some great tunes, but was loaded with tracks I did not care for at all.

Here is my mix of their best tunes...according to me. I'm sure I'll have to do another mix once the new one comes out.

In My Dreams

Hard To Be A Rock'n Roller

Bless The Night

No More Living On Lies

The Best Song In The World

Crazy Things

Gonna Get You Someday

Bygone Zone

Kill My Rock N Roll

A R n R Girl Like You

Do Ya Wanna Taste It

Wild One

Still I'm Burning

Rocket Through My Heart

I really like the last cd, but like the last post I always make a compilation of my favorite tunes from a band. Can't wait for this years releases, it's gonna be hard to do but this year could beat last year!

I made a mix of my fav Wig Wam tunes and that cd is an absolute monster. The band does however write too many fillers and other than Bygone Zone their ballads are generally very, very weak. As a whole I do prefer the debut, with In My Dreams, not the version before it. Wig Wamania and Non Stop Rock N Roll had some great tunes, but was loaded with tracks I did not care for at all.

Here is my mix of their best tunes...according to me. I'm sure I'll have to do another mix once the new one comes out.

In My Dreams

Hard To Be A Rock'n Roller

Bless The Night

No More Living On Lies

The Best Song In The World

Crazy Things

Gonna Get You Someday

Bygone Zone

Kill My Rock N Roll

A R n R Girl Like You

Do Ya Wanna Taste It

Wild One

Still I'm Burning

Rocket Through My Heart

Very similar tunes to those I would pick. But I'm even less of a fan than most others on this thread. I liked the first disc, which had some more Scandi AOR elements, but since they've become much more Glam in sound which has no interest for me. I disliked the last album and will probably not buy this one...

• 2 months later...

I just heard the samples over at Melodicrock.com and they sound HORRIBLE!!! Wall Street is a great track, but the rest is all filler to these ears. They were one of the heavy weights but they are falling fast.

I just heard the samples over at Melodicrock.com and they sound HORRIBLE!!! Wall Street is a great track, but the rest is all filler to these ears. They were one of the heavy weights but they are falling fast.

Yep I agree, have all but dismissed this, but I will try to hear as many tracks as possible (either on you tube or Spotify) before damning it completely.

There were a coupla tracks other than Wall Street which didn't make me want to unplug my speakers, but DAMN how the mighty have fallen. Never thought I'd say this about a Wig Wam release, but I probably won't bother getting this one. :unsure:

I don't dislike what I hear at all!

• 5 years later...

I bought the album based on the strength of past material, and I thought the first single - Wall Street - was a decent track, but not amazing.
Remember skipping through it and not being impressed at all, so I put it aside to further explore later.
never did, until now.

And I'm loving it.

Wrong Can Feel So Right
OMG
Natural High
Bleeding Daylight
Wall Street
Tides Will Turn

I'm now wondering why I disliked it so much on the first spin.

Pretty decent end to their time.

I liked it from the beginning, and still do.

Yep the band suffered from the awesome debut and then  couldn't live up to it. Like a few other albums that I thought were bad e.g. Whtie Lion - Big Game, Cinderella - Shelter Me it gets better over time once the expectation is gone and the songs are heard for what they are.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:06 PM, DaHun72 said:

Yep the band suffered from the awesome debut and then  couldn't live up to it. Like a few other albums that I thought were bad e.g. Whtie Lion - Big Game, Cinderella - Shelter Me it gets better over time once the expectation is gone and the songs are heard for what they are.

'Wig Wamania' was far better than the debut, imo. :)