Def Leppard

chocularok

PRESS RELEASE - Def Leppard, Britain's greatest arena rock band, are set to headline Download Festival 2011 on Friday, June 10 at Donington Park (UK) to kick off their world tour. The band are also set to release a brand new live album, "MIRRORBALL", this summer featuring a mix of live Def Leppard classics, three brand new studio songs and a bonus DVD that contains energetic live performances and intimate backstage footage captured on the road. Also set for release this summer is Leppard's first coffee table book titled "DEF LEPPARD - THE DEFINITIVE VISUAL HISTORY", with exclusive photos by legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin.

PRESS RELEASE - Def Leppard, Britain's greatest arena rock band, are set to headline Download Festival 2011 on Friday, June 10 at Donington Park (UK) to kick off their world tour. The band are also set to release a brand new live album, "MIRRORBALL", this summer featuring a mix of live Def Leppard classics, three brand new studio songs and a bonus DVD that contains energetic live performances and intimate backstage footage captured on the road. Also set for release this summer is Leppard's first coffee table book titled "DEF LEPPARD - THE DEFINITIVE VISUAL HISTORY", with exclusive photos by legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin.

If they were going to do a live album they should've actually followed the trends and played one massive shit-kicking gig in London with a "greatest hits"-type feel to the songlist and released it on bluray. I would've bought that. Anything else is largely pointless as it will be for hardcore fans only, and who needs another fucking book with "exclusive" pictures? I'm genuinely surprised to see them headline Download (although it is the first day rather than the Sat or Sun) as they're hardly a massive name these days & have a vastly different audience to the modern bands playing before them...

If they were going to do a live album they should've actually followed the trends and played one massive shit-kicking gig in London with a "greatest hits"-type feel to the songlist and released it on bluray. I would've bought that. Anything else is largely pointless as it will be for hardcore fans only, and who needs another fucking book with "exclusive" pictures? I'm genuinely surprised to see them headline Download (although it is the first day rather than the Sat or Sun) as they're hardly a massive name these days & have a vastly different audience to the modern bands playing before them...

That's exactly what their set list is these days...1, maybe 2 new songs & then all the hits. It's not like they're playing a bunch of songs off Euphoria, X & Sparkle Lounge these days.

That's exactly what their set list is these days...1, maybe 2 new songs & then all the hits. It's not like they're playing a bunch of songs off Euphoria, X & Sparkle Lounge these days.

Well yeah, but the point is that they'd have to actually nail-it for one show. Bands have a tendency to do this when the shows' being recorded for a DVD/Bluray. I've seen DL live a few times in recent years and they've been going-through-the-motions. No doubt Download is a good opportunity for them to potentially attract some younger fans so they'll be on-their-game, but they haven't been very special live for quite some time IMO...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............. <_<

Why would anyone want to hear Joe Elliot sing live these days? The guy lost his pipes years ago and now barely makes it through each tune. This is the same reason I'll never bother to see Dokken live again

I've seen Def Leppard 3 times live over the years, and they were great each time, but live albums are of little or no interest to me.

Its the sort if thing I only pick up later on when I can get them cheap.

Releasing a live album is not big news, its just run of the mill news.

Guest aggelos978

Why would anyone want to hear Joe Elliot sing live these days? The guy lost his pipes years ago and now barely makes it through each tune. This is the same reason I'll never bother to see Dokken live again

Sorry but I totally agree...

Def ... is with one foot/hand lol in the grave.

And don't know if George Lynch is reuniting with Dokken

but I'd prefer to see Lynch Mob live...

I've seen Def Leppard 3 times live over the years, and they were great each time, but live albums are of little or no interest to me.

:agree:

I'm not that keen on live albums either. Sure I have a few but only to complete some kind of a collection. Don't think I'm gonna get the Leps live album though.

:agree:

I'm not that keen on live albums either. Sure I have a few but only to complete some kind of a collection. Don't think I'm gonna get the Leps live album though.

Of my vast collection I have 2 live albums - Poison and Bonfire and the Bonfire one (though it is awesome) has been on my trade list forever because I'm just never going to hear it. Actually, I may have had Firehouse and Emerald Rain live discs too, but again they all went on the trade list after I bought them cheap.

The point is, I have absolutely no interest in live albums and will certainly have 0 interest in the new Def Leppard one.

However, I will be very interested to see the direction they take with the new studio songs, which I will pluck from the net... without the live stuff. If they continue in the style of 'Sparkle Face' I will fly to England and enforce a beatdown.

And the book... seriously? I'd be really interested in a biography of the band, but a picture book? Wow, can I be more than 0% interested?

I've seen Def Leppard live maybe 25 times dating back to 1983. If the Lepps were going to release a live album it should have been right after the Hysteria Tour, or perhaps shortly thereafter Adrenalize / Retro Active when Joe still had some vocals.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Def Leppard and will see them again this summer / fall and enjoy every minute of it... that said I'm not afraid to state that Eliott's voice is all but shot now, and putting his vox on tape (live, without studio help) would be a black mark on the band's legacy in my opinion.

They were SO good during the Hysteria Tour. I saw them in San Diego, Tacoma and Portland spanning from late 1987 to early 1989... ON THE SAME TOUR, and they were great each and every time. Give me some of that and I'm in. Give me Syracuse, New York 2010 and I'll pass (no offense, Syracuse).

is this going to be songs they performed live in 80-early 90s (like GNR live era) or the recent performances ?

My thoughts exactly. If it be a recent performance I'm not excited as A: it will contain new crap and B: it won't have Steve Clark in it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Def Leppard was my first "favorite" band. That said, I can really only see me picking this up if I catch it in a used CD store cheap or something.

I will be interested in a new CD, though. As much as it's different, I really didn't mind Sparkle Lounge at all. Actually dug a few songs a lot. That said, I will NEVER mind a return to REAL Leppard music.

• 3 weeks later...