Def Leppard to make Huge Announcement

T-BONE

This should get interesting.... Hopefully they can Campbell and get a ROCK player so they can get back to their roots

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153605

According to a posting on DEF LEPPARD's official web site, "the countdown is on for [the band] to make a MAJOR announcement to the world!"

DEF LEPPARD is reportedly planning to embark on a two-month U.S. summer tour with KANSAS and HEART. The band is also putting together a live album culled from its 2009 tour that may include some new material as well.

DOWN 'N OUTZ — a project fronted by DEF LEPPARD's Joe Elliott, backed by THE QUIREBOYS and playing rare tracks connected only by MOTT THE HOOPLE — will support Paul Rodgers (BAD COMPANY, FREE, QUEEN) on his U.K. tour in April.

DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell recently complained that his gig in the band is boring. Campbell, who's now doing double duty playing with THIN LIZZY, previously enjoyed stints in DIO and WHITESNAKE before replacing the late Steve Clark in 1992. Campbell was quoted by Gibson.com as saying, "I've been in DEF LEPPARD for 20 years and, if I'm honest, it's not a terribly challenging job for me as a guitar player. Phil Collen plays most of the widdly guitar parts and I do what I do."

During an interview with Guitar International, Collen responded honestly, saying, "It's all my [material]. Vivian joined a band that I helped create. He's coming into my house! It's not all the good parts, it's the DEF LEPPARD sound that me and Steve [Clark] created. We got together with [producer] Mutt Lange and there was already a sound in place. Also, we play all the hits live, which were written before Viv was in the band."

When pressed if he had any hard feelings for Campbell's critique on how the DEF LEPPARD's guitar parts are doled out, Collen said, "No, not at all. It's just the way it falls. I can't help that all my [expletive] sounds great!"

Then they should give up because they've done nothing really worthwhile since Clark Died, although I liked Euphoria for the most part

I got it! They're going to announce that they've crossed Rick Allen's DNA with that of a lizard so he can grow back his lost arm, then they're going to reanimate Steve Clark using zombie technology.

Then the reunited band will do a massive tour where they will only play ON THRU THE NIGHT, HIGH N DRY and PYROMANIA in its entirety at every show, after which they will retire.

...well sh*t, I can dream can't I? :whistle:

I got it! They're going to announce that they've crossed Rick Allen's DNA with that of a lizard so he can grow back his lost arm, then they're going to reanimate Steve Clark using zombie technology.

Then the reunited band will do a massive tour where they will only play ON THRU THE NIGHT, HIGH N DRY and PYROMANIA in its entirety at every show, after which they will retire.

:rofl2:

Haha! I hope the announcement be Collen's departure and the rehiring of Pete Willis.

I remember hearing that Vivian joined Def Leppard because he was tired of doing heavy metal technical stuff such as the stuff he did in Dio. If that be true, he got what he wanted and now he's moaning about it.

God, Phil Collen is an arrogant so and so. It isn't his band, he wasn't in it from the beginning, his [expletive] doesn't sound great and the albums that were written after he joined are all poppy and sub-par.

Def Leppard hasn't interested me for ages.

The big announcement is rumoured to be that they're touring (wow! They have never done that!) and they're releasing a live album?!

Am I allowed to be as unexcited as a human could possibly be?

Seriously, the way those dudes are talking about each other like they haven't spoken to each other in 10 years; what a joke. What a pathetic situation that sounds like.

Anyway, I'm nowhere near as harsh with my feelings towards these guys as others are, and the only time they have really disappointed me was with the releases of 'Yeah' and 'Sparkle face on the carpet.' If the announcement was that they were officially going to delete those two CDs from their discography and record an album not disimmilar to 'Retroactive'... well, I'd be pretty happy. This rumoured news, however, is not even worth announcing because no one will care. :(

Seriously though, this seems all too staged. Vivian complains, Collen is a major dick, Vivian gets booted whip di do. Anyone could play those guitar parts. Vivian got money (a lot I am sure) over the last 20 years. He should have gracefully exited unless he needed to be fired to get out of a contract. The egos in that band over their career is astounding. You would think after listening to them they deserve sainthood. Makes me gag. I am a fan of the band, but Elliot has seen better days. The last 4 years or so have been a huge let down on a steady decline since the 90's.

My 2 cents

Hopefully they will announce that this coming tour will be their "Farewell Tour"...

Hey.. if Keith can dream... so can I.

I just get sick of hearing about a band that hasn't done anything worthwhile in over 20 years yet they act as though each new release is groundbreaking and relevant. <--- My 2 Cents Worth.

Elliot has seen better days.

You ain't kiddin'. He looks like an old lesbian now.

newsjul1026.jpg

This is not the face of a rock star. This is the face of a middle aged dyke who lives with a lot of cats and runs a natural food market with her "life partner" :rofl2:

newsjul1026.jpg

This is not the face of a rock star. This is the face of a middle aged dyke who lives with a lot of cats and runs a natural food market with her "life partner" :rofl2:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Where's the Melissa Ethridge t-shirt?

newsjul1026.jpg

Where's the Melissa Ethridge t-shirt?

Great, now I have to mop up the drink I spat everywhere!

joe-elliot-def-leppard1.jpg

problem is that Joe doesn't want to go back to their rock roots.

That is because he doesn't have the voice for it anymore, they sound like CRAP live now.

The announcement I'm sure is that their releasing a live album with some new songs and are doing a summer tour package.

I agree that they should prob hang it up and since Clark dies they've went to shit but as much as I'd love to blame Campbell I can't. Lets face it he doesn't have much say as to what direction they go in as it's all up to that cocky shit Phil Collen and Joe Elliot. I'd love for them to go back to a more harder rocking sound but the fact is it's never gonna happen and even if they wanted to I don't know if they could even pull it off.

Sorry, but give me almost anything from the Collen era over those first two albums.

They didnt even start getting interesting as a band til Pyromania.

Granted, I thought Sparkle lounge was weak, and X was awful, but Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize, Slang and Euphoria are better than the amateur sounding first two albums.

Is it any wonder that they only gained any real interest from the public after Pyromania?

I know people on here have different tastes when it comes to Leppard, but if they went back to the sound of those first two albums that you love so much, they would end up like 98% of the 80s rock acts on a small indy label being lucky to sell 1000 copies of their new album.

Sorry, but give me almost anything from the Collen era over those first two albums.

Granted, I thought Sparkle lounge was weak, and X was awful, but Pyromania, Hysteria, Adrenalize, Slang and Euphoria are better than the amateur sounding first two albums.

Is it any wonder that they only gained any real interest from the public after Pyromania?

I know people on here have different tastes when it comes to Leppard, but if they went back to the sound of those first two albums that you love so much, they would end up like 98% of the 80s rock acts on a small indy label being lucky to sell 1000 copies of their new album.

Yeah, it's been well documented but I pretty much agree. I have no interest in the band prior to 'Pyromania' and I love everything they did up to and including 'X.' What's followed since then is disgraceful, but right up to and including 'X' I was happy.

Retroactive is still their best disc too.

That might be true in the UK but in the US their video for "Heartbreak" was getting airplay on a young video network called MTV and they were starting to sell records and then Pyromania made them huge, again that was in the US and I'm aware they didn't actually have a hit single in their home country until the Hysteria release but in the US they were huge before that.

That might be true in the UK but in the US their video for "Heartbreak" was getting airplay on a young video network called MTV and they were starting to sell records and then Pyromania made them huge, again that was in the US and I'm aware they didn't actually have a hit single in their home country until the Hysteria release but in the US they were huge before that.

Once again, I couldnt disagree with this more.

On through the nigh was a single platinum in the US, and High n dry double platinum in the US. Pyromania though was 10x platinum.

Even in the US, their huge popularity only started with Pyromania.

Also, the first hit single in the USA was Photograph.

problem is that Joe doesn't want to go back to their rock roots.

That is because he doesn't have the voice for it anymore, they sound like CRAP live now.

:agree: It's the same thing with Dave Lee Roth. His voice can't handle the Van Halen stuff anymore.

Once again, I couldnt disagree with this more.

On through the nigh was a single platinum in the US, and High n dry double platinum in the US. Pyromania though was 10x platinum.

Even in the US, their huge popularity only started with Pyromania.

Also, the first hit single in the USA was Photograph.

Didn't I say in my above statement that Pyromania made them huge in the US?

I only said about the High N Dry disc that it was selling well due to "Heartbreak" getting airplay on MTV. Not that this matters much. You like the Hysteria on and I prefer the pre Hysteria stuff. Differing opinions that's all.

Separated at birth?

Joe Elliott: sandi_toksvig.jpg

Sandy Toksvig: newsjul1026.jpg