AC/DC - The Razors Edge

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is one of my favorite AC/DC discs. Very consistent and I find myself putting songs off this on my MP3 player more than perhaps any other AC/DC release.

"Thunderstruck" and "Moneytalks" are probably the most well-known cuts, but most of the others are just as good. "Got You By The Balls" has one of my all-time fave AC/DC riffs...HEAVY as hell, and of course great song. But in the end my vote goes for "Thunderstruck" closely followed by "Rock Your Heart Out".

The day this was released I faked being ill so I could leave school early and pick this up on cassette. I spent the rest of the day playing the crap out of it. :headbanger:

I went with "Are You Ready" but it was a tossup between that and "Got You By The Balls".

The day this was released I faked being ill so I could leave school early and pick this up on cassette. I spent the rest of the day playing the crap out of it. :headbanger:

I went with "Are You Ready" but it was a tossup between that and "Got You By The Balls".

Now that's metal! :headbanger:

Great song choice BTW!

I'm kinda sick of "Thunderstruck" and "Moneytalks" after all these years but I gotta say, one of my fave tracks on this one has always been the title track.

I will refrain from voting on this one due to my hate for all things AC/DC.

I do have a confession to make though... As much as I hate them, I did go to their video shoot for "Money Talks" which was done in Philly. My friend worked for Electric Factory Productions at the time and hooked us up. I actually have a handful of that AC/DC money they used around here someplace.

Love this disc and every song on it but if I have to pick one I'd go with 'Are You Ready'. That's not to say it's the best song but I'm kind of sick of 'Thunderstruck' and 'Money Talks'. I do remember in high school basketball running out to 'Thunderstruck' and that always got ya fired up to play.

We had a talent show in high school and five of us dressed up like AC/DC and lip synced to Thunderstruck. I was Brian Johnson. It was awesome, especially since it was a Catholic school! The whole school was standing up pumping their fists in the air and headbanging. Then we had Shook Me All Night Long as a surprise encore and started playing that but the religion teacher came running on the stage and pulled the plug. The entire school went nuts booing when he did that. It was such a freakin blast! :party421: We video-taped it but the guy that had the video either lost it or his parents recorded over it.

We had a talent show in high school and five of us dressed up like AC/DC and lip synced to Thunderstruck. I was Brian Johnson. It was awesome, especially since it was a Catholic school! The whole school was standing up pumping their fists in the air and headbanging. Then we had Shook Me All Night Long as a surprise encore and started playing that but the religion teacher came running on the stage and pulled the plug. The entire school went nuts booing when he did that. It was such a freakin blast! :party421: We video-taped it but the guy that had the video either lost it or his parents recorded over it.

That's great Rick. I'd love to see that vid and see a young Evil Rick raising hell. :beerbang:

This is either my second fave AC/DC album or my equal first (with Blow up your video) depending on what mood I am in.

Moneytalks was probably the first song I loved on this album, but I have to say that as the years went on, Thunderstruck easily moved into the lead for me, and is one of my top AC/DC tracks of all time.

One of my favorite AC/DC releases and the first CD I ever owned (given to me as a birthday present when I still didn't have a CD player). My choices are "Moneytalks", followed by "Thunderstruck" (IMO, one of the best show openers) and "Are You Ready"

• 10 years later...
  • 3 months later...

This album came after several flat albums (Fly on the wall, Blow up your video). Although far from perfect it had a lot more going for it then those two previous albums and it would actually a lot better than anything since in my opinion.