Bangalore Choir

Socratic Methodist

Bangalore Choir's new album CADENCE is due out later this month and I have to say after listening to it that finally a classic Melodic Rock group from the classic era gets in right. With their first album, On Target in '92, David Reece and Co. set the bar incredibly high with high-powered tracks like: Angel in Black( an unreleased Autograph tune), Loaded Gun, Hold on to You, Slippin' Away, and Just One Night...Reece went on to do other things like sing for Accept on Eat the Heat, Gypsy Rose, Stream, and Sircle of Silence before releasing a solo effort, Universal Language, in 2009. But to ME, something was missing. And that something was Bangalore Choir....and now:

bangalorechoir-cover-web.JPG

Tracklist:

Wahzoo City

Tomorrow

Survival of the Fittest*

Still save a Song to Sing*

Power Trippin'

Martyr*

Living your Dreams Everyday*

Heart Attack & Vine*

Sweet Temptation*

Surrender all Your Love

Sprits too they Bleed

Never Say Goodbye*

High on the Clouds

Dig Deep*

* - Standout tracks. And as you can see the whole albm is basically standout. My ONLY gripe is the lack of a true ballad....Still Have a Song to Sing is ballady, but not a gut-wrenching classic balled-type track...

The instrumental opener (Wahzoo City) had me somewhat worried, but the second track (Power Trippin) calmed my fears.

I will say though I can see why there isnt a ballad as this is most definitely a heavier album than the debut.

Not saying there couldnt have been one, I just get the feeling they were going for a ballsier album overall.

Its a really good album, but it doesnt live up to the greatness of the debut for me.

Great set of songs belted out by one of my favorite hard rock singers. Can't say I dislike any of the tracks, but I don't think it has the 2-3 over the top killer songs from the first album. BUT, I reserve the right to amend that statement as I continue to play the heck out of this CD. And I'd agree completely that this is heaps better than alot of David Reece's more recent projects, with the possible exception of "Gypsy Rose." IMHO, most who liked the first CD will, on average, find alot to like with this effort as well.

I like what I hear so far and no it's not as good as the debut but hell that was 1992 and this is 2010 so it's much different but still has some of that BC sound IMO. David sounds great as always. Fav songs so far are "Martyr", "Power Trippin", "Heart Attack and Vine", "Livin your Dreams Everyday" and "Never Say Goodbye".

Great album! Just hope too many do not try to compare it to the stellar debut! Different times. Like Wes said its 2010 and not 1992. Man, David has a great voice. Cannot wait to hear what for the Tango Down release! :banger:

Nice. All I can say to this is good on 'em. It was always going to be tough to follow up what so many consider a classic, but they've done well here. Good, solid songs all the way through. And thankfully they've managed to record a CD that legitimately sounds like it could be a genuine follow-up to 'On target'... regardless of the 18 years that passed inbetween. Yeah, I dig this one.

This is going to need a few more spins... Nothing immediately grabbed me like the first CD did.

I liked it from the first listen, but it has grown to be at least a top 5 of 2010. Sweet temptation, livin' your dreams,never say goodbye,martyr, and dig deep are favs.

This cd is just great. There are maybe two or three tunes that are just okay IMO but overall probably gonna be in my top 5 or at least top 10 for 2010.

Fav songs so far:

1. Martyr

2. Living Your Dreams

3. Tomorrow

4. Never Say Goodbye

5. Sweet Temptation

Backed, gets better with every listen. A couple towards the end are fillerish, so could have been cut by 2 or 3 tracks, but overall a really good effort.

'Tomorrow' is particular is a killer track!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my signed copy this morning, so just given it another blast.

I thought it was a great album when I first heard it, and its improving with multiple spins.

Cant say its gonna dislodge any of my favourites from this years list, but its certainly in my top ten for this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been living with this album for awhile now, and giving it regular spins. I really like it, all the way through. Nothing's fillerlicious on here, just one good track after another. David does sound great on this, the band is tight, the production is extremely solid and the songwriting is top notch.

I'm glad David decided to come back and rock. :)

Been living with this album for awhile now, and giving it regular spins. I really like it, all the way through. Nothing's fillerlicious on here, just one good track after another. David does sound great on this, the band is tight, the production is extremely solid and the songwriting is top notch.

I agree Pete! Gets better with each spin! Nice work by David and the Boys! :headbanger:

I agree Pete! Gets better with each spin! Nice work by David and the Boys! :headbanger:

Backed +2. :headbanger:

• 4 months later...

Backed +3,

just finished spinning this twice, definitely fantastic !

lookin forward to their live album,

any news when will it be released ?

Backed +3,

just finished spinning this twice, definitely fantastic !

lookin forward to their live album,

any news when will it be released ?

I thought I saw Reece on Facebook say something about a May release but I could be wrong.