Sun City Records - Mar. 12, 2010

heavyharmonies

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve does NOT want to deal with Joel - trust me on that.

I have never purchased anything from Demon Doll... so you guys are saying that their products are ALL cd-r?

I was under the impression that they were Silver Pressed CDR's, whatever that means.

Demon Doll - some are CDRs, and some are silver-pressed. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, other than the silver-pressings being for bands that the label believe have "proved themselves." If I am to understand previous comments posted on the forum.

If the silver pressings (which look like any other silver pressed CD to me) are in fact silver-pressed CDRs, then f*ck me, I don't even know what that means. Is that even an actual thing?

If the silver pressings (which look like any other silver pressed CD to me) are in fact silver-pressed CDRs, then f*ck me, I don't even know what that means. Is that even an actual thing?

Yes it exists. They are fancy CDRs with a silver coloured bottom that resembles a properly 'Silver Pressed' CD but not in all ways. (Some names attached to these CDRs are 'Diamond', 'Pure Silver', 'Falcon'...etc.)

Some people refer to them as 'Silver-Pressings' either by not knowing the difference in 'Duplication' vs 'Replication' or out of deception.

I have done some of those "diamond" cd-r's and they CAN actually look pretty good. And it certainly saves space and money. Hell , most of the cd's you get from CD Baby are cd-r's.

But whatever , we've had this discussion before. Some bands are definitely worth silver-ing and other bands who only have a 4 or 5 song EP aren't but I still feel the music should be out there.

I heard the new Kidd Havok and wasn't overly excited about it and Joel is a pain to deal with so I don't think Merri Hoax is going to be Retrospect bound.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Peter Banfield a bit earlier about Suncity. It appears he hasn't been able to get a hold of David either. He believes they are being ripped off. I have to admit I feel bad. If it wasn't for me they (Jungle Blue) wouldn't have signed with Suncity.

I talked to Peter Banfield a bit earlier about Suncity. It appears he hasn't been able to get a hold of David either. He believes they are being ripped off. I have to admit I feel bad. If it wasn't for me they (Jungle Blue) wouldn't have signed with Suncity.

How would suncity be ripping off the band?

I'm not sure how these labels work, but surely the band wouldn't have invested cash into the venture.... i would have thought that was all left up to the label.

I'm not sure how these labels work, but surely the band wouldn't have invested cash into the venture.... i would have thought that was all left up to the label.

Only thing that comes to mind in the form of a "rip off" is if the band sent the label any masters or swag of any kind and then can't make contact ot figure out what is being done with it or to get it back...

I can't imagine any label asking for funding to release an artists music. Or for that matter any artist dumb enough to do it.

Only thing that comes to mind in the form of a "rip off" is if the band sent the label any masters or swag of any kind and then can't make contact ot figure out what is being done with it or to get it back...

I can't imagine any label asking for funding to release an artists music. Or for that matter any artist dumb enough to do it.

would really suck if the masters have gone missing.

surely sun city wouldn't do that though...

don't know why they feel the need to stay silent thouhg. if there are issues then wouldn't it be best just to let people know.

David's on facebook if anyone wants to know.

Like with recent posts?

yes & I spoke to him over the phone this morning.

Well, did he say why the hell he doesn't make a public statement to the label issues, Andre ?? This would help recovering his credibility in some ways, imo.

David's on facebook if anyone wants to know.

Like with recent posts?

yes & I spoke to him over the phone this morning.

Well, did he say why the hell he doesn't make a public statement to the label issues, Andre ?? This would help recovering his credibility in some ways, imo.

I have pointed out comments on this thread to Dave & was told he would address it personally, I'm surprised he hasn't yet as he's got a bucks party today, well so have I but I guess I may have a bit more time to be online as I'm not as involved in perhaps the running of the event.

So....what did David have to say??? Why tell us you spoke to him and leave us hanging ...where are the new releases....and any updates??? :party421::drink:

Aside from whats I've mentioned to SWAZI, David's mentioned he's still quite keen on Babe Blue but isn't sure about Merri Hoax.

David's also mentoned he's been dealing with a few issues but didn't go into more detail but I guess these issues may be whats held back Suncity Records from new releases.

Sorry I didn't expand on my initial post as I've had limited time online.

• 1 month later...