Sun City Records - Mar. 12, 2010

heavyharmonies

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the website's down because David is updating it at the moment...still when it gets to PR I can't really understand Suncity. They release such great products, but as a customer you have to work your way across the web to even get some infos/tracklists about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Website is back up and running as of today; no updates or anything, but it's there....

• 4 weeks later...

David Moors posted the following on MR.com earlier:

Hi Guys,

I've had so many damn problems in my life over the past 2 years that I'm not even gunna start to explain.

I am currently working on getting the following titles out within the next month or so -

Kidd Havok - TBA (When I heard to second album for the first time, I was just gobsmacked!! This album is just a continuation of Roll The Dice. If you liked Roll The Dice, you are gonna LOVE like one!!~! Killer stuff!)

Merri Hoaxx - The Hoaxx Never Jokes (The old tracks from Joel Ellis' band before he joined Cats In Boots)

Jolly Roger - ReAmped (A mix of tracks recorded back in the heyday and tracks that have recently been recorded)

Babe Blu - Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll (Including about 6 killer tracks c/o written by the great Jim Peterik and these tracks have to be heard to be beileved!~!)

Live Tongue - Snake Eyes (Just an amazing album that out does their killer debut)

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

http://forums.melodi...456302&t=456058

Awesome news david gonna get every one of the new releases...keep at it you are doing a awesome job...hope you ahve news on new band signing to???

Yeah, but where's the site? Is he going to be selling CDs through a forum???

Well it's been awhile since David mentioned about new releases which was announced in Feb...it is now April...nothing yet.no site update..nothing..please update.. :party421::beerbang:

David Moors posted the following on MR.com earlier:

Hi Guys,

I've had so many damn problems in my life over the past 2 years that I'm not even gunna start to explain.

I am currently working on getting the following titles out within the next month or so -

Kidd Havok - TBA (When I heard to second album for the first time, I was just gobsmacked!! This album is just a continuation of Roll The Dice. If you liked Roll The Dice, you are gonna LOVE like one!!~! Killer stuff!)

Merri Hoaxx - The Hoaxx Never Jokes (The old tracks from Joel Ellis' band before he joined Cats In Boots)

Jolly Roger - ReAmped (A mix of tracks recorded back in the heyday and tracks that have recently been recorded)

Babe Blu - Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll (Including about 6 killer tracks c/o written by the great Jim Peterik and these tracks have to be heard to be beileved!~!)

Live Tongue - Snake Eyes (Just an amazing album that out does their killer debut)

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

http://forums.melodi...456302&t=456058

Awesome news david gonna get every one of the new releases...keep at it you are doing a awesome job...hope you ahve news on new band signing to???

Yeah, but where's the site? Is he going to be selling CDs through a forum???

Well it's been awhile since David mentioned about new releases which was announced in Feb...it is now April...nothing yet.no site update..nothing..please update.. :party421::beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Website is back up and running as of today; no updates or anything, but it's there....

Hey Whiplash...have you heard anything since Daves announcement in Feb...on the new cd releases??? :party421::beerbang:

i've heard from Scot (Kidd Havok) that they're gonna release their second album this year under Sun City, so I assume the label is still operating

Hey Whiplash...have you heard anything since Daves announcement in Feb...on the new cd releases??? :party421::beerbang:

i've heard from Scot (Kidd Havok) that they're gonna release their second album this year under Sun City, so I assume the label is still operating

Thanks for the update...I also heard from the band..the cd is supposed to be release in the beginning of May....I heard some tracks and they are killer...stay tuned.... :party421::beerbang:

• 1 month later...

I wonder what is up...I talked to the members of Kidd Havok and Joel Elis of Merri Hoaxx..they are also waiting for the release...they also said it was all done....they :drink: have heard nothing and no contact?? Yet further up this thread David mentioned the cd's would be relased in a month or so...and this was in Feb?? :party421:

• 3 weeks later...

So, can someone at Suncity Records please let us know the status of their label? c'mon Dave, just a quick email would do the trick!

Hi MBUTT

See my message above yours. I have been trying to contact Davisd to no avail. Even had Andrew at Melodicrock.com and he has heard nothing. the Suncity Website is off line. i sent numerous messages to David ...NOTHING.

I contacted Scot who is in Kidd Havok...he has not heard form David in months..the songs are gonna go on itunes.

I also heard from Joel Ellis of Cats and Boots and Merri Hoaxxx...he has not heard from David in several months.

Joel is releasing his catalogue..and the Merri Hoaxx on Demon Dolls Label...good luck in getting David to message you. :party421::drink:

Unless something really bad happened to David you have to seriously question his business practices. This doesn't look very professional to me. What a shame ........

Merri Hoaxx on Demon Doll?

Hope Joel does not carry over the artwork licensed to Suncity Records I designed... but will deal with that if it happens.

Let's hope the Demon Doll thing doesn't happen, I mean who wants to pay good money for cdr's...

And I certainly hope David is well and just being a flake instead of something worse.

Let's hope the Demon Doll thing doesn't happen, I mean who wants to pay good money for cdr's...

And I certainly hope David is well and just being a flake instead of something worse.

Joel is very picky with the final product of his music. (Which is good to me). Can not see him releasing on Demon Doll if it has a chance of being CD-R.. unless he changed his views overnight.

Joel is very picky with the final product of his music. (Which is good to me). Can not see him releasing on Demon Doll if it has a chance of being CD-R.. unless he changed his views overnight.

Well hopefully if it's not gonna be on Sun City he takes it to Eonian instead.