L.A. Guns fiasco continues

AlphaMale

Don't know if y'all have discussed the two bands with the same name.

Phil Lewis' version and Tracii Guns version.

Apparently, former Rockstar INXS star Marty Casey is out as vocalist for the Tracii version. Jizzy Pearl is now back in the band. As for the album recorded with Marty Casey, Tracii says "it might never be released". There was also a VH1 pilot filmed with Marty. What the hell?

So the new album is on the shelf (as Alexis Records dropped the band before the release) and they are re-releasing a deluxe version of Shrinking Violet on Steve Vai's Favored Nations label.

I still prefer Phil's version. That last disc rocked ma ass off! :beerbang:

But I was interested in hearing the new stuff with Marty. I'm just not that interested in the Jizzy fronted version, even though Shrinking Violet was pretty good cd.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

There is only one version of LA Guns, and thats the one with Phil.

Tracii is being a total cock.

He fucked up when he jumped ship to join Brides Of Destruction, as he thought that would make him a huge star, and it flopped as he didnt seem to realise that Nikki never considered it more than a side project.

Now he thinks he can form his own version of the band, and even thats become little more than a joke, as initially his whole defence strategy was that it was the real LA Guns as it had more original members (Paul Black, Nicky Alexander & himself). But where are Nicky and Paul now?

The Jizzy fronted album, Shrinking Violet, never did anything for me, or most LA Guns fans for that matter, so why he thinks anyone will be interested now, is anyones guess.

The Phil fronted band is the one thats been constantly going for years, with or without Tracii, and has consistantly put out great albums.

It will be a damn shame if the album with Casey on vox never gets released. I've been a fan of his since he was on Rockstar: INXS, and have thoroughly enjoyed the two Lovehammers releases that have come out since his time on the show.

Tracii is being a total putz. That said, if I had to make a choice for whoever would be fronting his scab version of the band, I'd rather hear Jizzy Pearl on vox than that what's his nuts from Rock Star INXS.

Didn't I have a cool thread in the flame section about my love, I mean hatred of Tracii over this very subject.

Phil's version is the real deal but better yet I wish they'd just kiss and make up and put Phil, Tracii and Steve back together or better yet include Kelly and Mick in that as well but it'll probably never happen.

Saw the Marty fronted version two summers ago and they were suprisingly very good but then saw the Jizzy fronted version last year and they suprisingly amazing with Jizzy really kicking ass. However I'd still rather there just be the one version, that being Phil's version for the very reasons mentioned by Captain above with Tracii quiting the band he walked away period.

Saw the Marty fronted version two summers ago and they were suprisingly very good but then saw the Jizzy fronted version last year and they suprisingly amazing with Jizzy really kicking ass. However I'd still rather there just be the one version, that being Phil's version for the very reasons mentioned by Captain above with Tracii quiting the band he walked away period.

I too saw both the Marty fronted and Jizzy fronted versions within the same year. No doubt Marty did a very good job with the LA Guns songs... But I don't believe that those song fit Marty's style so well. I may be in the minority, but I think Jizzy has done an decent job replacing both Phil Lewis in LA Guns and S. Pearcy in Ratt... Both of those bands have a fairly distinct sound and I thought Jizzy handled both fairly well. That being said... PHIL LEWIS is L.A. GUNS. Thank God it is Phil's version that is playing the show I'm going to in a few weeks.

Was reading some stuff on Brides Of Destruction last night, and John Corabi says that one of the main reasons he quit the band was he could not get along with Guns, as his ego was massive.

He also said, that Nikki later contacted Bruce Kulick to tell him to apologise to John, as he started having problems with Guns as well, and it was one of the reasons he didnt hang around when he got the opportunity to return to the Crue.

Guns seems to keep shooting himself in the foot with everyone.

He is an awesome guitarist, but sounds like a total cock.

Was reading some stuff on Brides Of Destruction last night, and John Corabi says that one of the main reasons he quit the band was he could not get along with Guns, as his ego was massive.

He also said, that Nikki later contacted Bruce Kulick to tell him to apologise to John, as he started having problems with Guns as well, and it was one of the reasons he didnt hang around when he got the opportunity to return to the Crue.

Guns seems to keep shooting himself in the foot with everyone.

He is an awesome guitarist, but sounds like a total cock.

I read the same stuff about Corabi and Guns but didn't know anything about Kulick being involved. Crabby has also said that the Brides didn't wind up sounding anything like he was expecting so that also made it easier to leave.

Yeah, the only LA Guns is obviously the one with Phil Lewis. That said, and despite the fact that Guns seems to be a total f*ck-up, I would like to hear this shelved album. Anyone know what style it is? Is it meant to be similar to older LA Guns at all?

I think the reason Nikki spoke to Bruce rather than John would have probably been just that they were having a convo at the time, and he just asked him to pass on the message or he couldnt reach John, as Corabi is still pretty tight with Nikki.

I dont think its any different to you talking to one of your friends and saying, "Oh, and if you see John before I do, can you pass on a message for me.."

Another reason John left is that he wasnt able to contribute to the writing as much as he was initially promised (which reading between the lines, probably was one of the ego problems with Guns).

As for the Tracii Guns version of LA Guns, what makes it particularly sad is that when he initially hooked up with Black and Alexander, he didnt call the band LA Guns, it was the Tracii Guns Band.

I think it was only after realising that there was probably more money to be made off the LA Guns name than his own (dont forget, his solo album didnt exactly set fans interest on fire), that he decided to change the name.

It might also have been Black getting in his ear as well.

In my mind, what he would have been better doing is do something like Sabbath have done with Dio.

Rather than return to the Sabbath name, they called themselves after one of their albums/songs.

Instead of calling his current band LA Guns, he could call them something like Cocked & Loaded, Hollywood Vampires, Rip & Tear or One More Reason.

The only other LA Guns singer i liked was Ralph Saenz (Michael Starr), but Phil will always be the voice of LA Guns, i have a lot of respect for the guy, as a man and a musician :)

He's not even paying any attention to this band, when i mentioned Marty Casey to him he didnt know what i was on about and i think he'd been in the band for about 6 months at that point?

The only other LA Guns singer i liked was Ralph Saenz (Michael Starr), but Phil will always be the voice of LA Guns, i have a lot of respect for the guy, as a man and a musician :)

He's not even paying any attention to this band, when i mentioned Marty Casey to him he didnt know what i was on about and i think he'd been in the band for about 6 months at that point?

New user name! Haha, party!

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that Phil gives the other band no attention. Doesn't sound like a worthwhile use of caring.