Bret Michaels

66 mustang

I actually don't mind that :tumbsup:

What the hell? I really don't get you, mate. :lol: You have actually heard the Poison albums you repeatedly verbally bash, haven't you? By anyone's standards that is 10 times weaker than any Poison ballad like, for instance, 'Only time will tell', 'Theatre of soul' or 'Fire and Ice (Until you suffer some)' etc.

Anyway, the song is kind of okay, but to be honest it left me kind of bored and unimpressed. All his post-Poison ballads sound like this. I'm tired of his solo work - I want some effort put back into Poison, please.

I actually don't mind that :tumbsup:

What the hell? I really don't get you, mate. :lol: You have actually heard the Poison albums you repeatedly verbally bash, haven't you? By anyone's standards that is 10 times weaker than any Poison ballad like, for instance, 'Only time will tell', 'Theatre of soul' or 'Fire and Ice (Until you suffer some)' etc.

Anyway, the song is kind of okay, but to be honest it left me kind of bored and unimpressed. All his post-Poison ballads sound like this. I'm tired of his solo work - I want some effort put back into Poison, please.

Saying I don't mind it, does not mean I'm saying it's really good because it is not...I just don't mind it.

There was nothing more I hated back in the 80's than the fairy floss stuff Poison always put out.

They were the pits to me and always will be.

Have I heard all the albums ????

Unfortunately yes because I had a mate who liked them and every time I went to his place, he wanted to put them on.....I gave him the permission to play them in which I then listened to.

I never let him play them for a second time though :whistle:

Mate, when it comes to music and tastes, we are on two very different pages ;)

Bret singing with Mylie Cyrus, seriously?????????? Do we need to stoop this low Bret? While the song was ok, I was kind of weirded out by the fact that he was singing them with/to a teenager.

Saying I don't mind it, does not mean I'm saying it's really good because it is not...I just don't mind it.

There was nothing more I hated back in the 80's than the fairy floss stuff Poison always put out.

They were the pits to me and always will be.

Have I heard all the albums ????

Unfortunately yes because I had a mate who liked them and every time I went to his place, he wanted to put them on.....I gave him the permission to play them in which I then listened to.

I never let him play them for a second time though :whistle:

Mate, when it comes to music and tastes, we are on two very different pages ;)

:agree:

That sentence sums up how I feel perfectly.

Couldn't stand the band. Hated the songs, hated Bret Michaels even more.

Only track they did that I didn't mind was 'Life Goes On', which let's face it was basically a pop song. They had a hit with 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn', which by my reckoning was one of the weakest, dullest songs of the 80s.

Just listened to a bit of 'Nothing To Lose' from the link above - I knew it would be a mistake. Appalling, turgid nonsense imo.

:lame:

Only track they did that I didn't mind was 'Life Goes On', which let's face it was basically a pop song.

If that's the case, then every 80's rock ballad was a pop song, I guess?

Seriously, does anyone know if Bret ever plans to do anything with Poison again, or is he just going to keep making these dodgy love songs that sound like they've been penned for the next series of 'Rock of Love'?

Only track they did that I didn't mind was 'Life Goes On', which let's face it was basically a pop song.

Seriously, does anyone know if Bret ever plans to do anything with Poison again, or is he just going to keep making these dodgy love songs that sound like they've been penned for the next series of 'Rock of Love'?

Oh come on, it has to be one of the sappiest ballads ever, hasn't it? Is there a guitar anywhere near that song? There are many rock ballads, I wouldn't really call that one.

Still quite like it though.

Oh come on, it has to be one of the sappiest ballads ever, hasn't it? Is there a guitar anywhere near that song? There are many rock ballads, I wouldn't really call that one.

:lol: Nah, honestly mate. Good, bad or ugly song... I can in no way see how it's any less a rock ballad than any others from the era at all. Funnily enough, as a HUGE Poison fan that is one of my least favourite Poison songs - and no, not because it's too soft - just never really cared for the chorus at all.

:lol: Nah, honestly mate. Good, bad or ugly song... I can in no way see how it's any less a rock ballad than any others from the era at all. Funnily enough, as a HUGE Poison fan that is one of my least favourite Poison songs - and no, not because it's too soft - just never really cared for the chorus at all.

OK, my memory of the track is probably faded, I haven't heard it for years, just seem to remember it being particularly soft. Funny that the one Poison song I can tolerate is the one you're not keen on ...

And I suppose you don't like Obituary, Death, etc. ;)

:banger:

OK, my memory of the track is probably faded, I haven't heard it for years, just seem to remember it being particularly soft. Funny that the one Poison song I can tolerate is the one you're not keen on ...

And I suppose you don't like Obituary, Death, etc. ;)

:banger:

No, definitely not, mate. :lol: The funny thing about 'Life goes on' is that it's also a random tune my brother (a rap and Pink Floyd fan) liked from Poison. I remember I used to tell the tale of loving every single Poison song from their first 3 CDs except 'Unskinny Bop' and 'Life goes on' was next. :lol:

I don't mind the first three Poison albums but Bret's solo stuff does nothing for me.

I knew there was a reason I liked you, mate. ;)

Cant say thats one of Brets best tunes, but its still better than a lot of shit thats put out these days.

Oh and as for anyone who says Poison was pussy shit or that their ballads were wimpy, then so was 90% of the hair metal then, as they were no lighter than most of the scene.

In fact, how many bands were described as sounding like Poison, back in the day, and still do?

I don't mind the first three Poison albums but Bret's solo stuff does nothing for me.

I was really the opposite, I always hated Poison's image-over-substance (I realise a lot of Hair Metal bands fall under this category, but Poison seriously can't play their instruments or write anything resembling a 'tune') but actually thought Michaels had a reasonable voice & his solo stuff was okay. This song is kinda okay 'ish.

I was really the opposite, I always hated Poison's image-over-substance (I realise a lot of Hair Metal bands fall under this category, but Poison seriously can't play their instruments or write anything resembling a 'tune') but actually thought Michaels had a reasonable voice & his solo stuff was okay. This song is kinda okay 'ish.

... which just verifies that I can't really read anything into your dismissal of Poison. Anyone who prefers the throwaway pop rock of Bret's solo stuff over, amongst other albums, arguably the best glam rock album of all time is talking crazy. You talk about lack of tunes and hooks but if you can get one Poison fan on the face of the planet to say that the hooks and tunes on Bret's solo albums are anywhere near the quality of his work with Poison, I will send to you my severed penis in the mail tomorrow.

I personally like his solo stuff just fine, but fully admit it's really quite mediocre. I love his work with Poison and believe it is excellent commercial rock. No rocket science, just good, fun, catchy glam/commercial/melodic rock.

I think your main issue with old Poison is the over-exposure more than anything else. If Bret had released 'Songs of life' in 1986 with the same hype as Poison I'd bet you'd hate it every bit as much as you do Poison. ;)

I totally agree about not being able to play their instruments,saw them live back in the 80's and what a big let down.Shocking live performance,don't know how we stayed until the end as plenty didn't.Bret was the saving grace as he sang well under trying conditions.

Cant say thats one of Brets best tunes, but its still better than a lot of shit thats put out these days.

Oh and as for anyone who says Poison was pussy shit or that their ballads were wimpy, then so was 90% of the hair metal then,

How very true Cap'n :tumbsup:

I totally agree about not being able to play their instruments,saw them live back in the 80's and what a big let down.Shocking live performance,don't know how we stayed until the end as plenty didn't.Bret was the saving grace as he sang well under trying conditions.

That is my main issue with them aswell - a complete mess of a band in general and truly awful musicians to back it up, although Brett was the (sort of) saving grace when i saw them live, as he was not too bad (which is not necessarily a complement either, when comparing him to other front men). I will say though, that Poison weren't the only band in the genre that were awful, as out of all the bands I have seen live (and there are very many in many different genres) the Hair Metal boys/girls win hands down (coupled with a few N.W.O.B.H.M acts) for churning out the number of absolutely shocking live bands (and a couple of really good ones aswell) with as TIM quite rightly states, 'Image Over absolutely no substance (or anything else)' at all - Never a truer word.

That is my main issue with them aswell - a complete mess of a band in general and truly awful musicians to back it up, although Brett was the (sort of) saving grace when i saw them live, as he was not too bad (which is not necessarily a complement either, when comparing him to other front men). I will say though, that Poison weren't the only band in the genre that were awful, as out of all the bands I have seen live (and there are very many in many different genres) the Hair Metal boys/girls win hands down (coupled with a few N.W.O.B.H.M acts) for churning out the number of absolutely shocking live bands (and a couple of really good ones aswell) with as TIM quite rightly states, 'Image Over absolutely no substance (or anything else)' at all - Never a truer word.

Does anyone really care about this , I know I do not give a rats ass about Brett Michaels .....................His solo stuff sucks!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone really care about this , I know I do not give a rats ass about Brett Michaels .....................His solo stuff sucks!!!!!!!!!

In a word 'NO' ;)