You heard 1 or 2 songs off an album, got psyched and bought it,

Jeff

For me one that comes to mind is Queensryche - Hear In The Now Frontier

I heard the song "You" and thought kick ass, Queensryche is back! Bought the cd and it sucks IMO.

I'm sure there are more that will come to mind, but what are yours?

2 come to mind.

KISS- Psycho Circus

Bon Jovi- Keep The Faith

Ah, yes totally agree with Psycho Circus....the title song was the only good track on there for me.

Never owned a copy of Keep The Faith....now I don't feel too bad.

Crystol Pistol - loved that song Watch You Bleed, bought the disc without listening to the rest and just not my thing at all. Guys voice gets more annoying and whiney as the disc goes on. Too punk goth rock sounding (if there is such a thing) for my taste.

Wolfmother was another mistake. Liked that one song - liked it so much I can't even remember what it's called now :P boring boring

Crystol Pistol - loved that song Watch You Bleed, bought the disc without listening to the rest and just not my thing at all. Guys voice gets more annoying and whiney as the disc goes on. Too punk goth rock sounding (if there is such a thing) for my taste.

Absolute killer album! 'Teenage Parasite', 'XXII' and 'Salt of the Earth' are all top notch tracks!

These guys nail the sleaze-punk sound perfectly!

2 come to mind.

KISS- Psycho Circus

Bon Jovi- Keep The Faith

Ah, yes totally agree with Psycho Circus....the title song was the only good track on there for me.

Never owned a copy of Keep The Faith....now I don't feel too bad.

Keep the Faith is very good IMO.

Absolute killer album! 'Teenage Parasite', 'XXII' and 'Salt of the Earth' are all top notch tracks!

These guys nail the sleaze-punk sound perfectly!

Maybe they do.. I guess it's the punk bit I don't like so much these days.

Hear In the Now Frontier from Queensryche. I really liked Sign Of The Times, but when I bought the full disc I was amazed at how far down one of my favorite bands had fallen of the path of good music. They are still in that downward spiral of crap music.

Leatherwolf - Hideaway ...... great track, so I bought s/t and Street Ready (mercifully very cheap) but not really my bag, all the rest seemed a bit too cliched.

Interesting pick! Personally I like those cd's overall. Maybe not a lot of stand out tracks compared to Hideway. Thunder is my favorite Leatherwolf tune and The Calling, Street Ready, The Way I Feel are a couple of other good Leatherwolf tracks.

At least you got them cheap!

Leatherwolf - Hideaway ...... great track, so I bought s/t and Street Ready (mercifully very cheap) but not really my bag, all the rest seemed a bit too cliched.

Interesting pick! Personally I like those cd's overall. Maybe not a lot of stand out tracks compared to Hideway. Thunder is my favorite Leatherwolf tune and The Calling, Street Ready, The Way I Feel are a couple of other good Leatherwolf tracks.

At least you got them cheap!

Oh man not a filler in the bunch IMO a metal classic.

ASIA - S/T total crap only two good songs on the whole thing.

Cavo's new one comes to mind. I only kept two tracks.

Good example. I only kept one track ("Champagne") myself.

Interesting. I hated that song but loved the rest! Really good Modern Rock disc IMO.

Cavo's new one comes to mind. I only kept two tracks.

Good example. I only kept one track ("Champagne") myself.

Interesting. I hated that song but loved the rest! Really good Modern Rock disc IMO.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I thought the rest of the album was perfectly serviceable, nothing really wrong with it, but didn't match the standards set by "Champagne." Plenty of superior modern rock bands out there. Hinder comes to mind... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

For me, it was Bon Jovi's "Crush". When I heard the then-new single "It's My Life" I thought, Bon Jovi is back! And getting back to their roots! So I rushed to the store and bought it. Unfortunately the rest of the album had nothing to do with this song (save "One Wild Night" and "Just Older" which are pretty good ones). Just mid tempo songs in the same vibe as "Destination Anywhere". Overall it is not a bad album, but not what I expected.

Train - Drops Of Jupiter

Heard the title song, loved it so I purchased the album.

:anon: That was the only good song on the album....The rest was utter crap :puke:

The last one I can remember is the GOO GOO DOLLS album with NAME on it. Great song, all the rest is wanna-be-punk noise to me

I like the 1st ASIA album :(

• My Little Pony
another random disc that comes to mind is House of Games... kinda got a modern Jaded Heart vibe...

the song Evil in Needle or something is awesome... the rest is solid.. but nothing like that song.

Well, looks like I won't be bidding on your auction, then. At least not that one.

The last one I can remember is the GOO GOO DOLLS album with NAME on it. Great song, all the rest is wanna-be-punk noise to me

The first Asia album is a masterpiece mate, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :tumbsup:

The first Asia album is a masterpiece mate, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :tumbsup:

I found it boring and monotonous, that's just my opinion.

Another disc that comes to mind is WHITE WOLF - Endangered Species outside of the tune "She" the rest of the disc is just good enough to become a coaster for by brewsky's on Friday night...and to think this was on my "want list" for years.

• 2 months later...
For me it would have to be New England's debut couple of good songs but thr rest put me to sleep and i like alot of AOR.

Huh .. huh .. ! Don't led Jez read this !!! :hammer:

:lol: