Jaded Heart - Perfect Insanity

heavyharmonies

Listening now.

It continues in the heavier vein ala the last album, and while it probably won't make my top 5 for 2009, there are definitely some cool tracks on it.

Check out this one: Blood-Stained Lies

jadedheart_perfectinsanity.JPG

I'd hardly call that modern, its pure old school Maiden/Priest.

Awesome stuff!

This time by "modern" I don't necessarily mean "updated" sound, I mean "recent release."

This is Iron Maiden-Lite.... it just doesn't conjure-up thoughts of old-school / melodic Jaded Heart for me.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, I'm just saying.

I agree with gener8tr. At some point Jaded Heart went from being AOR to Euro power metal. They went from being Frontline to Gamma Ray. Nothing wrong with that, but it sure as hell ain't AOR.

Man, where are all these albums coming from? Every time I masturb- uh, I mean turn around there seems to be a new release I was not expecting. Well, as is well documented, I loved 'Sinister mind' so if this picks up from where that left off, count me in as interested. Looking forward to it. :)

I'm not fond of this new track from the get-go... I'll put it on a disk and play it in the truck tomorrow to get a better listen at a better volume... Still not Jaded Heart to me...

A good Power Metal song along the lines of Helloween but it's not Jaded Heart, or at least what I expect from Jaded Heart.

As mentioned above this band is so removed from their original sound I just don't understand why they don't change their name.

A good Power Metal song along the lines of Helloween but it's not Jaded Heart, or at least what I expect from Jaded Heart.

As mentioned above this band is so removed from their original sound I just don't understand why they don't change their name.

+1

+1

Backed... -_-

• 3 weeks later...

Jaded Heart jumped the shark after Bormann left....and you are right, Dan....sounds like Eurometal now.

With a classic like, 'Journey Will Never End', how can these guys be taken seriously now?????

Jaded Heart jumped the shark after Bormann left....and you are right, Dan....sounds like Eurometal now.

With a classic like, 'Journey Will Never End', how can these guys be taken seriously now?????

I think Trust is the highlight of the JH catalogue.

But Bormann has become quite the melodic rock whore since leaving... some shocker albums, some excellent albums, and some seriously random albums...

he needs to get into a new band and stay there.. not just as a random hired singer.

Unlike my women, I generally like my music heavier and harder-edged, but when it comes to Jaded Heart, I prefer the melodic rock sound of the Bormann era. I eventually got rid of "Helluva Time," but "Sinister Mind" still resides in my collection; at first listen to the samples, I don't think this newie is going to be as good as "Sinister Mind," but I could be wrong...we'll see. Jaded Heart is one of those bands I always give the benefit of the doubt.

This is such a good band...I like the heavier direction they've been taking...

Yup!

Backed!!...I actually prefer the newer stuff to the old..... :gone:

I think the progression they have taken is a good idea. Samey AOR gets old fast. I really don't mind a band that changes things up to keep it fresh. I'd like to hear more samples before I would buy though but I do like this track.

I think Trust is the highlight of the JH catalogue.

But Bormann has become quite the melodic rock whore since leaving... some shocker albums, some excellent albums, and some seriously random albums...

he needs to get into a new band and stay there.. not just as a random hired singer.

In all honesty, I think 'Helluva time' and 'Sinister Mind' are both better than anything Bormann has recorded since departing JH. I have enjoyed the 'Conspiracy' album and I don't mind most his stuff, but imo the JH albums have been far superior.

The last two Bormann solo albums were very lightweight.

This isnt to say they were bad, as there were some very good songs on them, but they were nowhere near as strong as the last two JH albums.

Helluvatime was pretty much of a similar style to Trust, so its hard to say that Bormann was responsible for the more melodic aspects of the band, but Sinister Mind was definetly the product of a band wanting to show that maybe there was more to them than they had shown for years.

Yes its heavier than previous albums, but I dont think its that far removed melody wise.

While i agree that his SOLO albums are pretty 'safe'....Redrum smokes anything JH has done since he's left....

Personally, to me that was one of the weaker post-JH discs. I'd actually honestly forgotten about it until you mentioned it. :lol: I need to whip that one out again.

While i agree that his SOLO albums are pretty 'safe'....Redrum smokes anything JH has done since he's left....

Personally, to me that was one of the weaker post-JH discs. I'd actually honestly forgotten about it until you mentioned it. :lol: I need to whip that one out again.

I felt let down by that Redrum disc the first few spins but if memory serves I think it was growing on me the last time I played it.