Jaded Heart - Perfect Insanity

heavyharmonies

A good Power Metal song along the lines of Helloween but it's not Jaded Heart, or at least what I expect from Jaded Heart.

As mentioned above this band is so removed from their original sound I just don't understand why they don't change their name.

Looks like I'm going to be the second side to the story again regarding this new album.

One thing I must say, is that I get the impression a lot of you doods are exaggerating Jaded Heart's recent heaviness. Yes, they're a heavy rock band... but power metal? Doods, I despise power metal... I love Jaded Heart. All Jaded Heart have done is really beefed up their sound, throwing massive riffs and towering backing vocals at you through the speakers... but there's none of the garbage that defines power metal here, imo. It's not like they're losing all sense of melody in a sea of double-kick drums and mundane pointless choruses. The choruses and hooks are still gigantic and the songs just flow like a good hard rock song should... just a heavier version of your standard hard rock song.

First spin impression is that this is not quite as good as 'Sinister Mind' or 'Helluva Time', but it still just kicked my ass. Killer production, some awesome riffs, HUGE vocals... a couple of fillers, but generally another very good CD.

For the record, I'm like everyone else and wish these guys and Bormann could have held it together and kept recording treasures like 'IV', 'The journey will never end' or 'Trust', but what's happened has happened and I for one think they're still a great band, even without Bormann.

It's ok.... Wasn't too impressed. Some good choruses, but I still don't like the new guys voice. Pretty good axework though, even though I still prefer Barish Kepic

They've kinda taken that Pretty Maids route...heaviness mixed w/ bouts of melodic goodness. I like "Blood Stained Lies"...the singer kills!

That's a fair review

Lucky for me Pretty Maids are one of my all-time favourite bands. :)

They've kinda taken that Pretty Maids route...heaviness mixed w/ bouts of melodic goodness. I like "Blood Stained Lies"...the singer kills!

That's a fair review

I'm a big Pretty Maids fan myself so it stands to reason that I dig where Jaded Heart are heading.

Besides, how many bands have started heavy only to go more melodic later on...Jaded Heart did the opposite. :tumbsup:

That's a fair review

+1

• 7 years later...