I'm that guy!

Before I left for the ZO2 concert yesterday, I put on my ZO2 t-shirt. My wife's friend started laughing saying "YOUR THAT GUY, YOUR THAT GUY!!!". I quickly thought I was on a milk carton or something. My wife's friend is about 23 years old and she claims that you never wear a band t-shirt that your goin' to see. Is this true? or is this some youngster bullshit that makes me feel like i'm from mars.

Hanging out with the boys last night, they didn't seem to mind that I wore their T.

Anybody else feel the same way?

>> Before I left for the ZO2 concert yesterday, I put on my ZO2 t-shirt. My wife's friend started laughing saying "YOUR THAT GUY, YOUR THAT GUY!!!". I quickly thought I was on a milk carton or something. My wife's friend is about 23 years old and she claims that you never wear a band t-shirt that your goin' to see. Is this true? or is this some youngster bullshit that makes me feel like i'm from mars.

Hanging out with the boys last night, they didn't seem to mind that I wore their T.

Anybody else feel the same way? <<

I'm thinking this is somewhat recent. I've read stuff like this ovr the past few years. I remember in my high school you weren't "supposed" to wear the shirt of the band you went to see the night before to school.

Wait, did that make sense???

Before I left for the ZO2 concert yesterday, I put on my ZO2 t-shirt. My wife's friend started laughing saying "YOUR THAT GUY, YOUR THAT GUY!!!". I quickly thought I was on a milk carton or something. My wife's friend is about 23 years old and she claims that you never wear a band t-shirt that your goin' to see. Is this true? or is this some youngster bullshit that makes me feel like i'm from mars.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Clearly your wife's friend hasn't been to many concerts. That's like saying you can't go and watch a footy match wearing the colours of your home team.

Well...come to think of it I don't think I have ever worn the shirt of the band I'm going to see. :whistle:

Maybe I'm the one who has it wrong.

I was "that guy" last weekend. Had my FarCry shirt on Friday night for Pete's show and my Tango Down shirt on for their show Saturday. Oh well. :lol:

That's a line from the Jeremy Pivens movie PCU!

Pivens is saying this to John Favreau's character

" Don't be that guy. Don't wear the shirt of the band your about to see... don't be that guy."

PCU is fucking Hysterical!!!!!! :rofl2:

I believe Gutter was going to wear the shirt of the band he was going to see. Funny movie.

That's a line from the Jeremy Pivens movie PCU!

Pivens is saying this to John Favreau's character

" Don't be that guy. Don't wear the shirt of the band your about to see... don't be that guy."

PCU is fucking Hysterical!!!!!! :rofl2:

I believe Gutter was going to wear the shirt of the band he was going to see. Funny movie.

Yep Gutter was His name.. Basically PCU was Animal House for the 90s.... :lol:

If that's the case, I've been "that guy" at way too many shows; probably well over half of the ZO2 shows I've seen, many Def Leppard, a few Poison, and even a local band show.

So, no worries, at least from where this "that guy" sits. :tumbsup:

I was "that guy" last weekend. Had my FarCry shirt on Friday night for Pete's show and my Tango Down shirt on for their show Saturday. Oh well. :lol:

Me too but I had Bombay Black instead of Tango Down.

But I do remember that hilarious line in PCU. Great movie.

If that's the case, I've been "that guy" at way too many shows; probably well over half of the ZO2 shows I've seen, many Def Leppard, a few Poison, and even a local band show.

Thanx Man! :tumbsup:

Gotta tell ya!

ZO2 kicked major ass at this show. No rock star egos with these guys. They hung out all night with everyone after the show...

Me too but I had Bombay Black instead of Tango Down.

But I do remember that hilarious line in PCU. Great movie.

Yeah!

Who cares what the kids think today!!!

I've heard this recently too, but I don't get it. I was actually looking forward to Skid Row in Australia so I could sport that shirt but now it looks like I'll miss the show. :(

End of the day, if I had the shirt I'd be wearing it too. :)

Any concert I go to has been filled with fans wearing the band shirts, regardless of who it is.

A lot of fans (myself included, from time to time) buy a shirt from the merch stand, and put it on straight away.

Only times I dont wear a band shirt is if I dont own one, and then I will usually wear a band shirt of a band from a similar genre.

I'm always "that guy" when I go to concerts. I don't give a sh*t. :lol:

Thanx Man! :tumbsup:

Gotta tell ya!

ZO2 kicked major ass at this show. No rock star egos with these guys. They hung out all night with everyone after the show...

I can't tell you how many shows ZO2 has hung out with folks after. I'm surprised they still do it. (From what I've heard from a few folks, they're getting a lot of "Z Rock" fans that are stupid and annoying and obsessive. But, I guess they're still pretty grass roots. That's great!) Glad to see another fan of the boys around here at the boards; I've been talking about them for years now and each and every person I see talking about them is awesome.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot this one: BUTCH WALKER! lol (And yearly, TSO too, though it's not a tee; it's the turtleneck.)