Dual Lead Vocalist Bands!

Leykis101

This one is a tricky one for me, as a vocalist really has to sound unique for me to notice them, so Im not very helpful in this topic, but I am very interested to see what bands do this that I havent caught on to, I'll go ahead and start it off with the obvious!

Harem Scarem

Night Ranger

Kiss

The Cars

Lacuna Coil

The Storm

and that's about all I can think of!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aussie glam-punk'n'roll band Sebasrockets shared the lead vocals 3 ways.

And would you say that one singer stands out over the others, or are they all pretty similar?

Hate to get "modern" on you right away, but the most noticable for me would be Goo Goo Dolls (behind KISS, of course). Love all Reznick's songs, hate the other dude's.

Pretty much the same with KISS too. Love Stanley's, not so much into Gene's. Except for the 'Revenge' album... where they were just all on fire.

And would you say that one singer stands out over the others, or are they all pretty similar?

one has a real glam voice, and another has a very snarling punk attitude to his vocals... so very different. Sounds like different bands from track to track is you base it on the vocals.

one has a real glam voice, and another has a very snarling punk attitude to his vocals... so very different. Sounds like different bands from track to track is you base it on the vocals.

Dude you know 2 bands that I really, really love that arent exactly glam, but they are, they are kind of like Punk\Glam\with modern sounding vocalists, they are American Heartbreak, and Romeos Dead, I love those bands, and im sure you do too, just thought id pipe in with that. absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Doesn't Fran Cosmo sing on the Boston albums? I mean aside from Walk On, I was told he was actually the guy hitting all the high notes, cause Barry couldnt sing past a certain register,

and on the S\T Alien disc, arent there 2 singers?

Biohazard

Headlock

Holy Soldier's live album has dual singers all concert.

Ironic, I was just jammin the S\T, who else sings for them? I heard some other Holy Soldier cd called, Last Train, and I didnt even think it sounded like the same band.

One that pops into my mind immediately is Triumph. Both are talented musicians and great singers, similar yet different and both sang on a gaggle of hits throughout their career as a group.

Kings X is a great one Shawn!

Alice N' Chains shared a bit of lead vox.

Georgia Satelites. Not only did all 3 members sing like birds, but swapped instruments: IE Dan Baird on drums, etc...

Many many "modern bands" do this don't they ala Linkin Park?

How's about Heart with the Wilson sisters? And Nelson.

And if you want to get vintage, a good majority of the bands from the 50's and 60's had multiple vocalists.

ANd speaking of that Holy Soldier live cd, which is a cool concept and it was great to see/hear the 2 vocalists singing their songs and a cool gesture for them to put their ego's aside and do it.

Would it not be cool if other bands did this today on their "nostalgia" tours? Think Van Halen, Journey, Motley, etc.........

Deep Purple - Hughes, Coverdale

Blue Oyster Cult - Bloom, Dharma, the Bouchards.

The Cars - Orr, Ocasek

Little River Band

Scorpions (Roth era)

Accept (Early stuff - Peter Baltes)

Reo Speedwagon

Styx

May sound stupid to point it out, but theres the Hughes Turner Project.

Motley Crue did it on Generation Swine.

Although not regular things, LA Guns did it on Vicious circle, Poison did it on Hollyweird and Danger Danger on Gildersleeves.

Mothers Finest did it on a regular basis.

I'm sure Damn Yankees used to do it as well!

Hughes Turner Project.

I'm sure Damn Yankees used to do it as well!

Two great one right there.

Also Y&T in the early days with Phil singing a tune here and there and I think even the drummer Leonard Haze sang a tune on the first album.