Ever wonder what Heavy Harmonies looked like in the early days?

4 hours ago, Kristian said:

Hah, mine was 19 days ago, I had no idea!

20 years back in May.  Time flies.

😳

45 minutes ago, metalmaniac777 said:

I hit 21 years back in August. :o

Wonder who has been here the longest?

If it’s not you, probably Jez? 

58 minutes ago, Geoff said:

If it’s not you, probably Jez? 

According to his profile, he joined exactly one day after me. Seniority rules!! :P

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

I did see that, but that's albums you have scored isn't it? As in given a rating out of 100? I want to know the ones I commented on only. I must confess that I never really did the ratings as I found it too hard to pluck a number at random.

What I could actually do, if I had a couple of years to spare, is go back and rate them all now, with my awesome spreadsheet of ratings by my side. I could do them one by one and comment on the ones I haven't done so, as I rate them all. I'd get a kick out of that, but only if I ever stop taking photographs will I have that sort of time available... 

I was just kinda saying that if you had commented and rated that would mean you could rule those out, but as I say, its really only the same 4 or 5 people who bother with the rating.

9 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Naw, I prefer one account so I can build up my post total 

But if you argue back and forth with yourself that'd build it up too lol

2 hours ago, lettard said:

But if you argue back and forth with yourself that'd build it up too lol

Has anyone seen NYOilers and Glenn in the same room at the same time? I reckon they are the one person. It's a conspiracy!

I have been here for 20 years now I think. However, I no longer comment on or ask about band names.

Best regAORds,

Thomas 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

However, I no longer comment on or ask about band names.

A shame, really. Those were the highlights of my week. 

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony

Like @lettard, I also started on Komodo Island. I wonder if we actually chatted with each other back then. Joined around '05, or '06, and was there until they turned the lights off. Someone gave me a huge file of rare albums. Not all of them downloaded properly, but many of them did, and I believe that is the reason I preferred indie bands for so long--I knew who Mariah was, but had never listened to a Bon Jovi album. Also explains why Mariah's debut is still one of my all time favourites. 

After the Komodo forums were shutdown, I found Melodic Rock. Never joined Andrew's message board, but I believe it was that site that directed me to Heavy Harmonies main site. I was on there for not too long before I decided to join the forums. 

Crazy to think it's been fifteen years. Even crazier to think I've almost spent half my entire life here. I'll probably cry when this place is gone. And I don't mean I'll shed a year, I'm pretty sure I'll weep. 

;}

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Like @lettard, I also started on Komodo Island. I wonder if we actually chatted with each other back then.

Theres a fair chance we did...I was very active back then...I posted as RonBurgundy :lol:

16 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Like @lettard, I also started on Komodo Island. I wonder if we actually chatted with each other back then. Joined around '05, or '06, and was there until they turned the lights off. Someone gave me a huge file of rare albums. Not all of them downloaded properly, but many of them did, and I believe that is the reason I preferred indie bands for so long--I knew who Mariah was, but had never listened to a Bon Jovi album. Also explains why Mariah's debut is still one of my all time favourites. 

After the Komodo forums were shutdown, I found Melodic Rock. Never joined Andrew's message board, but I believe it was that site that directed me to Heavy Harmonies main site. I was on there for not too long before I decided to join the forums. 

Crazy to think it's been fifteen years. Even crazier to think I've almost spent half my entire life here. I'll probably cry when this place is gone. And I don't mean I'll shed a year, I'm pretty sure I'll weep. 

;}

Yeah, I also found this site through the Melodicrock.com notice board. I think it was purely just seeing some posts from Dan there where he must have left his calling card in a signature... or even just his user name? Can't remember exactly, but it led me here either way. 

I also used Komodo Island back in the day, but only for naughty, naughty stuff. Not sure I ever there in the forums that I recall. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/28/2023 at 9:18 AM, Geoff said:

I also used Komodo Island back in the day, but only for naughty, naughty stuff. Not sure I ever there in the forums that I recall. 

Glad there's nothing naughty on this site

30 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

Glad there's nothing naughty on this site

Apparently if you get your post total up to 5000 you get access to the hidden, naughty threads. But it takes a real dedicated poster to get up to 5000 posts.

• 2023 Gold Donors
9 minutes ago, auslander said:

Apparently if you get your post total up to 5000 you get access to the hidden, naughty threads. But it takes a real dedicated poster to get up to 5000 posts.

I don't believe you. I need to see some proof in the pudding 

On 10/26/2023 at 8:51 PM, Geoff said:

This is an old thread, but I was trying to timeline and recall my joining the site too. If I recall correctly, I was frequenting the Comments section on the Main Pages. In my head I was doing that for quite a while - months, or maybe even years? - before it came up a few times (in the comments section) that I should check out the forum. In my memory it was a while before I did so, but it looks like I joined the forum in May 2004. I'm curious as to how long I was using the site up until that point. I know I was very active on the Melodicrock.com Noticeboards leading up to joining here, possibly prolonging my hesitation to join another similar forum? Hard to recall as it was so many, many years ago.

Looks like it'll be 20 years next year that I've been on this forum. Madness. 

I think I put on you this site, Geoff.

7 hours ago, Doggy said:

I think I put on you this site, Geoff.

Don't leave me hanging, my good man. Tell me more. If I know the story I definitely cannot recall. 

12 hours ago, auslander said:

It's true. Once you breach the magical 5000 mark, you get free access to the Heavy Harmonies OnlyFans page where you can watch archived videos of Dan doing unspeakable things with CDs that are still illegal in 13 states.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Don't leave me hanging, my good man. Tell me more. If I know the story I definitely cannot recall. 

I was introduced to this site by. Purrrfect Kat' Anyone remember her?

Geoff, I message you via the Melodic Rock Noticeboard. Have look at the site a member of which I am member.

Ever since you been part of furniture.  

• My Little Pony
On 10/29/2023 at 5:28 PM, auslander said:

He was on his way. Showed us his truu gifting. But then just gave up on it.