Dynazty

embrock

I dunno, something about the lead singer's voice was bugging me.

Damn some of these new bands are starting to look cool again. I agree with Chris regarding the dude's voice - not the greatest I've heard by any stretch - but once again, this is some pretty awesome stuff. Musically very nice, awesome production, great backing/harmony vocals and two very cool songs. I really dig this too. This one and those Diamond Lane guys are definite musts.

• 1 month later...

NEH Records now has these guys available for sale with 30 second sound clips for each song. I didn't hear quite enough to make me rush out and pick it up yet, but "Monkey Wants Monkey Needs" and "The Devil's Shake" were sounding pretty darn cool.

I gave the samples a once through and although I wanted to like it, the songs really didn't do much for me.

Here's a link with samples...

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/DynaztyBring.htm

Chris Laney is pretty damn busy!

I'l say...he's been promising to cut my lawn for weeks!!! :angry:

lol.

• 3 months later...

Seriously good CD here. I'm surprised by my earlier comments on the dude's voice as I actually quite like it. I had this on yesterday and really enjoyed it. Great disc, and needs to be sitting in my top 10 this year, I dare say.

Seriously good CD here. I'm surprised by my earlier comments on the dude's voice as I actually quite like it. I had this on yesterday and really enjoyed it. Great disc, and needs to be sitting in my top 10 this year, I dare say.

wow surprising comment?? From what i remember this sucked after about track 3....may have to re-visit.

Very very average imo, after what I had heard about it in various places.

I tend to agree with Jez.

• 3 months later...

I just had this arrive the other day and wow....great stuff!

From a few of the members that I *think* I know some of their tastes I would think Geoff and Rick (already commented above) and Wes would like this as well as many others.

Big guitars and vocals that remind me of Mr. Big with some Baton Rouge and a harder edge that I have not quite figured out yet. Really good stuff.

This is one of those cd's I would recommend to anyone on here who really enjoys the bands I mentioned above.

Granted I am behind on my 2009 release purchasing (less than 10 I think) this one would make my top 5.

From a few of the members that I *think* I know some of their tastes I would think Geoff and Rick (already commented above) and Wes would like this as well as many others.

Big guitars and vocals that remind me of Mr. Big with some Baton Rouge and a harder edge that I have not quite figured out yet. Really good stuff.

This is one of those cd's I would recommend to anyone on here who really enjoys the bands I mentioned above.

Granted I am behind on my 2009 release purchasing (less than 10 I think) this one would make my top 5.

I've almost ordered this one a couple of times but for some reason always change my mind. :unsure:

I've almost ordered this one a couple of times but for some reason always change my mind. :unsure:

wise choice ;-)

wise choice ;-)

Really? So you don't like it?

wise choice ;-)

Really? So you don't like it?

Same question, because up above you said 'Sounds great".

I have been spinning this disc non stop for a few days and there really isnt a bad song on it. I am not a ballad guy but even the ballad is pretty good. It does have a bit more attitude and a harder edge than my post yesterday led to believe...more so than Mr. Big and Baton Rouge (but I still here them in there). I need to spin it some more to figure out who to compare the harder sound to.

• 1 month later...

Any other opinions on this one? Still no comments on the main HH site, which seems odd. The tracks on Myspace sound pretty good, although my first impression of the ballad 'Far Away' is that it's pretty poor. Good review in PowerPlay magazine.

Any other opinions on this one? Still no comments on the main HH site, which seems odd. The tracks on Myspace sound pretty good, although my first impression of the ballad 'Far Away' is that it's pretty poor. Good review in PowerPlay magazine.

If you like hard rock and sleaze same as Dirty Penny, a bit of Crazy Lixx, get it, you won't be disappointed. Of course you asked for OTHER opinions and I've made mine known on this disc plenty so, see if someone else chimes in...