How good is the debut uf Unruly Child ?

Swazi

I put the Unruly Child -S/T mp3's on my Ipod and listened to them on my flight to the US yesterday. I hadn't heard this CD for quite some time, so once again I was totally impressed !

This is a brilliant release. What do you guys think ?

Excellent disc all the way. That said, and I may get torched for this, I actually prefer Signal "Loud & Clear". But again both are great IMO.

Both are brilliant but for me anyway the Unruly Child is better but by just a hair.

Great album Bernd, but also check out Bobby Kimballs 'Rise Up' disc, as this features 6 of the same songs, that pretty much match the UC versions imo. :tumbsup:

Excellent disc all the way. That said, and I may get torched for this, I actually prefer Signal "Loud & Clear". But again both are great IMO.

Both are brilliant but for me anyway the Unruly Child is better but by just a hair.

Backed. 'Arms of a stranger' is the best song of the two albums, but I think Unruly Child is just a bit better overall.

Fantastic album! I still can't believe I didn't like this the first time I owned it and got rid of it. Luckily I found another copy and will never part with it again.

Not one of the best ever but most certainly a good disc!

Same here, it was solid but nothing spectacular about it. I thought Valentine's S/T disc was much better IMO.

I agree, I'd take Valentine's debut over it even though I do like it. As for Blue Tears, I never got it...they sound like a third rate Bon Jovi with drum machine sounding production. Never got in to them & never will...

Great album Bernd, but also check out Bobby Kimballs 'Rise Up' disc, as this features 6 of the same songs, that pretty much match the UC versions imo. :tumbsup:

Didn't the rest of that album suck, though? I have heard it, but I remember I was far more impressed with UC and haven't really returned to the Kimball disc.

Same here, it was solid but nothing spectacular about it. I thought Valentine's S/T disc was much better IMO.

I agree, I'd take Valentine's debut over it even though I do like it.

No you guys di'nt. No!

IMO, Unruly Child destroys Valentine.

Didn't the rest of that album suck, though? I have heard it, but I remember I was far more impressed with UC and haven't really returned to the Kimball disc.

No you guys di'nt. No!

Valentine > Unruly Child

No you guys di'nt. No!

Valentine > Unruly Child

Signal > Valentine > Unruly Child. :tumbsup:

All excellent tho.

No you guys di'nt. No!

Valentine > Unruly Child

Signal > Valentine > Unruly Child. :tumbsup:

All excellent tho.

Unruly Child > Signal > Valentine

...solid but nothing spectacular... I thought Valentine's S/T disc was much better...

I've seen some f*cked up statements on this site, but that right there takes the cake. F*cking wrong. There are no other words. Just...f*cking wrong.

...solid but nothing spectacular... I thought Valentine's S/T disc was much better...

I've seen some f*cked up statements on this site, but that right there takes the cake. F*cking wrong. There are no other words. Just...f*cking wrong.

All opinions mate....there's quite a few really rate the Valentine disc.

My tastes lean more to the heavier side of the AOR spectrum, but Unruly Child's debut is really good. Perhaps the best release ever by a woman trapped in a man's body...

Unless you count Cher.

I think that's fair comment, the SIGNAL was utterly flawless & a genuine classic whereas UNRULY CHILD was just short of this. Little to choose between U.C and the first VALENTINE too, both stunning discs but neither deserves to be called a classic IMO....