Halestorm - s/t

Geoff

Theyve been playing the hell out of them on the Tourbus, Im starting to wonder if one of the fucking jocks on the tourbus has a relative, lover, or other in the fucking band, it was pretty cool, but they need to start playing a different song, jesus fucking christ, they played song 3, I think thats the one about meeting some dude, in the middle of summer, and fucking every second they had together!(paraphrasing) anyways they played it twice last saturday! it's only a weekly 3 hour show! anyways, my opinon, mediocre band, absolutely BRILLIANT band!! as far as anything coming out in the usa, but I actually think that last Damone cd rocked harder then this, Ive become quit partial to it anyways! hope Damone does something new soon!

Damone have a new album out now.

Get the fuck out of here! NO SHIT! Im going to FYE right this second, that's the one thing I miss, living here in America, it seems like decades ago since I could just jump in the car and run to a music store to actually purchase a cd for myself! I have $19.92 left in my whole estate, and Friday may as well be 10 years away, if I go spend $16+ on a cd, very irresponsible, and not a very bright move in the least, but I'll post the second I get home, if any of you give a fuck or not!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never noticed this thread but this was on my recommended listening from Amazon and after playing the tracks on myspace I have to say that I'm impressed and I normally don't care to much for Female front rock.

I never noticed this thread but this was on my recommended listening from Amazon and after playing the tracks on myspace I have to say that I'm impressed and I normally don't care to much for Female front rock.

Excellent album. Some have said that it fades towards the end....but its strong throughout. Love it.

• 1 month later...

Itunes has this with 3 bonus tracks on it. They are "Dirty Mind", "Tell Me Where It Hurts", and "Conversations Over". All three bonus tracks are damn good too. The bad part is that you have to buy the whole album in order to get two of the three tracks. "Tell Me Where It Hurts" is the only one you can purchase individually for $.99. Good stuff though. I'm a sucker so they got my money even though I already own the cd. Double-dipping thieves!

• 5 months later...

WOW! Anyone heard the three I-Tunes bonus tracks from this one?

'Tell me where it hurts'

'Conversation Over'

'Dirty mind'

Verdict on all three of them - KILLER. I still love the album, but these three songs are exactly what the end of the CD needed. As much as I love the disc, it does trail off at the end and these three tunes could easily have replaced three songs on the second half of the CD to make a much better CD. Love 'em!

'Tell me where it hurts'

'Conversation Over'

'Dirty mind'

Verdict on all three of them - KILLER. I still love the album, but these three songs are exactly what the end of the CD needed. As much as I love the disc, it does trail off at the end and these three tunes could easily have replaced three songs on the second half of the CD to make a much better CD. Love 'em!

Yep, I got those three bonus tracks. Definitely rockin' tunes. They easily should have used those instead of the couple of filler tracks on the album.

'Tell me where it hurts'

'Conversation Over'

'Dirty mind'

Send them to me. Jerk.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just heard the EP today and man does it prove a good point I was trying to make in a discussion recently. Let me see how this ends up in words:

Firstly, it clearly goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway - Skid Row's 'Slave to the grind' is 100% flawlessly superior to 'Pokerface' by Lada Gaga. But, and I mean BUT... Halestorm's version of 'Pokerface' is my favourite song on this EP. Followed by a great version of 'Out ta get me' and a solid version of 'All I wanna do is make love to you'... but for me 'Pokerface' steals the show. The fact is, we already have great versions of 'Slave to the grind,' 'Out ta get me,' and 'All I wanna do is make love to you.' I get much more excited by songs that I don't already have a good version of. Anyway, end of the day... love Halestorm's version of 'Pokerface.' Great EP overall.

'Hunger strike' was cool too, but I did not like 'I want you (She's so heavy' at all. Not sure who sings either of those 2 originally.

Just heard the EP today and man does it prove a good point I was trying to make in a discussion recently. Let me see how this ends up in words:

Firstly, it clearly goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway - Skid Row's 'Slave to the grind' is 100% flawlessly superior to 'Pokerface' by Lada Gaga. But, and I mean BUT... Halestorm's version of 'Pokerface' is my favourite song on this EP. Followed by a great version of 'Out ta get me' and a solid version of 'All I wanna do is make love to you'... but for me 'Pokerface' steals the show. The fact is, we already have great versions of 'Slave to the grind,' 'Out ta get me,' and 'All I wanna do is make love to you.' I get much more excited by songs that I don't already have a good version of. Anyway, end of the day... love Halestorm's version of 'Pokerface.' Great EP overall.

'Hunger strike' was cool too, but I did not like 'I want you (She's so heavy' at all. Not sure who sings either of those 2 originally.

How many times can you say "Pokerface" in that post and how its the best song on the EP even though the Lady Gaga song they covered is Bad Romance? ha ha ha ;)

How many times can you say "Pokerface" in that post and how its the best song on the EP even though the Lady Gaga song they covered is Bad Romance? ha ha ha ;)

HAHA!!! I am brilliant.

Oh well, what I said, except swap 'Pokerface' for 'Bad Romance.' :lol: