Halestorm - s/t

Geoff

Its been mentioned in this thread ages ago, but been listening to the self titled album a lot in the last few days, along with the covers EP, and I think one of those bonus songs is actually one of their best tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdoxYPelHDo

Normally bonus tracks are a hit or miss affair, but how this wasnt considered good enough for the standard release is a crime.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer track. All three bonus tracks were quite superior to several songs that made the album (especially the 2nd half), imo.

I honestly love the whole album, and think there are some really strong songs at the end.

Obviously the first three songs tended to dominate initially, but on repeated listens, songs like Dirty work really hooked in. And then theres the monster Better sorry than safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found out a few weeks ago that there is actually a physical version of the covers ep. I think it may only be available direct from Atlantic records though, as thats where I ordered it.

Its actually decently priced as well, as it was only $4.99 (had to laugh at the postage which was $5.99).

Been looking into their earlier stuff as well, and it seems there is even an album that predates the Breaking the silence one, called (Dont mess with the) Time man.

Heard some snippets of that one (which was probably recorded when Lzzy was 13 and Arje was about 10 I think) and its not very rock at all.

I'd also say that Breaking the silence sounds like a different band as well. Very lightweight, and Lzzy's voice still wasnt as strong as it is now.

I'm just stunned that prior to them signing with Atlantic for the One and done live ep, they sounded like a totally different band.

Yeah mate, I've downloaded bucketloads of their material prior to the self titled album. Haven't even bothered mentioning it here because imo none of it's worth the hassle.

Well I hope they stick with this style going forward, which the covers ep seems to indicate they are doing.

My guess is that their father had a hand in their initial direction, as he played bass on most of their early stuff (from what I have heard, their mother now works for them behind the scenes when they tour).

Lets face it, do you think they could have recorded some of the lyrics they put on the self titled album if their father was still in the band?

• 7 months later...

They have just released a four track EP available from their website or iTunes.

Its download only, and from what I can gather is four tracks that will be on the album as a taster.

If you order through iTunes its something like $5, but order direct from the Halestorm website, and not only does it only cost $2.99, but apparently they will send you a credit for that price when the album is released so you dont have to pay for the songs twice if you buy the album direct from the website.

And the songs sound great, especially Love bites (so do I).

http://store.halestormrocks.com/hello-it-s-mz-hyde-explicit-digital-mp3-album.html?eml=20120124/halestorm/eccomerce/HelloItsMzHyde_EP/buynow_button/sitestore

They have just released a four track EP available from their website or iTunes. It's download only and from what I can gather is four tracks that will be on the album as a taster. If you order through iTunes it;s something like $5, but order direct from the Halestorm website and not only does it only cost $2.99, but apparently they will send you a credit for that price when the album is released so you don't have to pay for the songs twice if you buy the album direct from the website.

And the songs sound great, especially Love bites (so do I).

http://store.halestormrocks.com/hello-it-s-mz-hyde-explicit-digital-mp3-album.html?eml=20120124/halestorm/eccomerce/HelloItsMzHyde_EP/buynow_button/sitestore

I actually like "Daughters of Darkness" the best out of those 4 songs, but "Love Bites (So do I)" is a close runner-up. The other two aren't doing much for me.