stormspell

STORMSPELL-150x150.gif

STORMSPELL RECORDS PROUDLY PRESENTS

6 NEW RELEASES OUT ON FEBRUARY 17th, 2009:

~*~*~*~*~*~

ELDRITCH_RITE_350.jpg

ELDRITCH RITE - Demo 86 +3 MCD SSR-DY27

Release date: February 20, 2009

One of the cultest demos ever to emerge from the Texas metal underground. Recorded in 1986 within a day at the Pantego studio owned by the famous Jerry Abbott (Dime and Vinnie's dad), this demo promptly became a landmark of what Progressive Power Metal would be. Now released for first time on CD ever, digitally remastered and with 3 bonustracks. 12-page stapled booklet with band bio, lyrics, and pictures. Enhanced multimedia CD with a "secret" DIEHARD TREASURE CHEST folder crammed with tons of rehearsal tunes in their raw and unpolished glory.

Recommended for fans of: SCYTHIAN OATH, ASSALANT, SYRUS, ROTTING CORPSE, etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~

NATURAL_SPIRIT_350.jpg

NATURAL SPIRIT - Sita Rosa CD SSR-DL26

Release date: February 17, 2009

Breath-taking grand and heroic Slavonic folk/pagan metal, enhanced with sweet, soaring, enchanting female vocals in the best Ukrainian folklore traditions. 12-page stapled booklet with info in Russian and English.

Recommended for fans of: ARKONA, KALEVALA, ALKONOST, AMBEHR, PAGAN REIGN, etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~

NARVAL_350.jpg

NARVAL - Narval CD SSR-DL25

Best described as classic RAINBOW meets early DIO - very epic and dramatic stuff with rich 70s Prog-rock influences. Featuring DANTESCO and SACRILEGIO members.

12-page stapled booklet with lyrics, band pics and info.

For fans of: DIO, RAINBOW, WARLORD, MANOWAR, BLACK SABBATH, etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~

RAPIDFIRE_350.jpg

RAPIDFIRE - Settle the Score CD SSR-DY24

Rapidfire is the band who in 1990 arose from the ashes of HELLHOUND. They combined the speedier sound of bands like HELLHOUND, VICIOUS RUMORS, METAL CHURCH with the melodic finesse of ARMORED SAINT, LEATHERWOLF, MALICE, RELLIK to name but just a few.

The band did develop a sizable local following and had developed enough material for a full-length album, but they broke up in 1993 and the album never got released. So here is your chance to get yourself acquired with another piece of classic US metal history, enjoy.

12-page stapled booklet with band bio, lyrics, tons of pics and info.

For fans of: HELLHOUND, RELLIK, VICIOUS RUMORS, LEATHERWOLF, METAL CHURCH, ARMORED SAINT, MALICE, SAVAGE GRACE, etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~

ANACRUSIS_350.jpg

ANACRUSIS - Annihilation Complete: The Early Years Anthology CD+DVD Set SSR-DY23

I really hope I do not need to tell anyone who ANACRUSIS were! This limited edition CD/DVD package features the 9-song ANNIHILATION COMPLETE demo along with other rare recordings from the band's basement days. The DVD features early live videos of both ANACRUSIS and Kenn's previous band HEAVEN'S FLAME which also featured future-ANACRUSIS drummer Chad Smith. All material selected and remastered by vocalist/guitarist Kenn Nardi from his personal vaults. An amazing collection of 16 early demos and over 2 hours of vintage live videos and slide-shows!

16-page stapled booklet designed an written by Kenn Nardi, crammed full of photos of the band in its pre-SUFFERING HOUR days along with a band bio and info about the recordings included.

For fans of: PROGRESSIVE TECHNICAL THRASH infused with healthy dose classic doom.

First 150 copies come fully autographed by the entire band!

~*~*~*~*~*~

CHEMICAL_ANNIHILATION_350.jpg

CHEMICAL ANNIHILATION - Why Die? CD+DVD Set SSR-DY22

Raw toxic thrash from the gutters of Portland, OR. Features the classic album "Why Die?" and Demo89, both from 1989, digitally remastered and a professionally shot multi-camera live DVD which features two exclusive songs not incuded on the CD.

Recommended for fans of: NUCLEAR ASSULT, NUM SKULL, REVENANT, GAMMACIDE, etc.

~*~*~*~*~*~

We are taking preorders at our label store page: http://www.stormspell.com/label/store.html ,

only a handful of the autographed ANACRUSIS CD+DVD Sets are left for grabs, so act fast, or cry later!

HINT: Look for the - 6CD TREASURE LOT for ONLY $66 with FREE shipping included PayPal button and save big!

Detailed info and sound samples of our releases can be found on our label website: http://www.stormspell.com/label

Label Contact:

Stormspell Records

P.O. Box 641852

San Jose, CA 95164

USA

Web: http://www.stormspell.com

E-mail: metal@stormspell.com

OK, maybe I'm an idiot (I heard that, Pete!), but I'll be damned if I can find any sound samples for Rapidfire on the website. If they exist, can someone assist a blind, stupid, non-computer-savvy buffoon and point me in the right direction? I'd love to hear what this band sounds like...

i know i keep harping on about this, but hows it looking for the Pretty Angels release? is it dead in the water or just really delayed?

i found mp3s of the album and i really like it, would be a shame if it never got reissued....but it was announced 18 months ago so i dont have particularly high hopes for it :P

i know i keep harping on about this, but hows it looking for the Pretty Angels release? is it dead in the water or just really delayed?

i found mp3s of the album and i really like it, would be a shame if it never got reissued....but it was announced 18 months ago so i dont have particularly high hopes for it :P

You beat me to it...I was wondering about the Stranger release too.....

ahaha, yeah, e.rite is another legendary texas demotape that soon is going to be archived thanx to bate stormspell.

bate here's another one baby for ya...release it and send a box to my place....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=77426897

OK, maybe I'm an idiot (I heard that, Pete!), but I'll be damned if I can find any sound samples for Rapidfire on the website. If they exist, can someone assist a blind, stupid, non-computer-savvy buffoon and point me in the right direction? I'd love to hear what this band sounds like...

:lol: I would never call you an idiot Mark... well maybe, but not for this, I'd like to hear a sample or two myself!

The only one of those bands that I recognize is Anacrusis, but I enjoyed their later material. How well produced is this early material or is it basically demo quality?

Thanks,

-Dan

It is demo quality as it was recorded by the band themselves on a 4-track tascam machine at Kevin's basement where they used to practice. The original tape was lost and a 1st gen copy (heavily used to dub all tapes they used to sell in the late 80s) was all that was left. Kenn Nardi remastered it thoroughly, but the result is still quite raw and unpolished.

I'll be sending you a promo package on monday, hope you can check it out and share your thoughts.

Mark, you are okay, the individual pages for all releases with info and sound samples will be launched a bit later tonight. I'm working on them right now, will post links asap. My apologies for the confusion!

Meanwhile, some samples can be heard at our gayspace page: http://www.myspace.com/stormspellrecords

Yeah, sorry for not posting info on this earlier. The story regarding STRANGER is very simple really: I licensed this album from Battle Cry with the assurance that Ricky Rieger is interested in seeing this release through and would be providing liner notes, lyrics, and extra materials to spice the release up. However, as of today nothing has transpired. Releasing it "as-is" is not an option I'd consider, so all I could do at this point is wait and hope the things will start moving...

ahaha, yeah, e.rite is another legendary texas demotape that soon is going to be archived thanx to bate stormspell.

Eh bate, at the moment it all sums up to: so many potential releases, so little cash :crying:

BTW I still havent had chance to look into the DV you recommended to me earlier, sorry about that.

3 full songs of each release added: http://www.stormspell.com/label -> click on the album thumbnails on the right (you need to have flash-enabled browser)

P.S. if you like female-fronted power/sympho metal, please check NATURAL SPIRIT audio samples. I guarantee you'll be for a very nice surprise.

Eh bate, at the moment it all sums up to: so many potential releases, so little cash :crying:

BTW I still havent had chance to look into the DV you recommended to me earlier, sorry about that.

no problemo bate, take your time. and when will be availiable the jonah quizz stuff? i didn't see any press release for it yet....zdravei bate... :drink:

Mr. Stormspell we need desperately Teachers Pett on cd!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/teacherspettband

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I've tried to contact Teachers Pett in the past but they never responded to my inquiries. However, at some point they contacted Patrick Stevens and told him they are considering my offer, so at least I know they've got my messages. Anyway, this was more than an year ago, so I assume their interest never transpired - fine with me. The one thing I hate is people which cannot spare 1 minute responding to an e-mail, so I probably would not have liked working with them anyway.

no problemo bate, take your time. and when will be availiable the jonah quizz stuff? i didn't see any press release for it yet....zdravei bate... :drink:

JONAH QUIZZ is almost ready to go. We have remastered both demos and they sound KILLER! 9 scorching songs of great Scandinavian MHR. The only thing needed is band story/lyrics which Anders is working on as we speak and DaN should be translating shortly. Hopefully this will be wrapped up soon and will be released with next batch of releases, as soon as late March or thereabouts.

Mr. Stormspell we need desperately Teachers Pett on cd!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/teacherspettband

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I've tried to contact Teachers Pett in the past but they never responded to my inquiries. However, at some point they contacted Patrick Stevens and told him they are considering my offer, so at least I know they've got my messages. Anyway, this was more than an year ago, so I assume their interest never transpired - fine with me. The one thing I hate is people which cannot spare 1 minute responding to an e-mail, so I probably would not have liked working with them anyway.

I didn't know you have contacted the band, Here's the response I've got from them some time ago :

"Thanks for checking out our Music. Glad you liked it.

Currently there are no plans for any releases, though we have had a few small offers, so maybe in the future.

Keep checking back for any updates.

Thanks again."

The classic general answer "maybe in the future"... What a pity...

It is their music and their decision, which I can respect. I only wish they would have spent 10 seconds telling me this when I asked.

Anyway, I'm the first to admit I'm the smallest of the small indy labels and I'm in no position offering like 5-digit checks at this time. Regardless though, I do like to believe that for the size of my operation I do offer very fair deals which are on par with bigger established labels as Sentinel Steel for instance. Getting Anacrusis on my roster is somewhat a testimony to that, as they were quite big and renowned in their heyday.

What's funny with Teachers Pett situation is that they didnt even hear my offer. I shoot them a short introductory e-mail asking if they would be interested in reissuing their 80s demos on CD and offering to send them a sample pack of my current releases to check out. They never responded to this so I never had a chance telling them what I can offer.

Anyhow, as I said it is their decision. I hope they can find a suitable label for them, as I'd love to have their CD in my personal collection too.

• 3 years later...

Rapid fire, Anacrusis and Chemical Annihilation are mine!!!

Really looking forward to these!! Love those Pacific NW bands!

Anyone listened to the Rapidfire CD? The samples sound really good to me, but I'm not sure whether to pick it up. Already need to get the Midnight Priest and Last Descendants CDs...

Anyone listened to the Rapidfire CD? The samples sound really good to me, but I'm not sure whether to pick it up. Already need to get the Midnight Priest and Last Descendants CDs...

I got it and the Rocka Rollas - THe war of Steel has Begun cd at the same time and both are very good. I would recommend getting it.

I got it and the Rocka Rollas - THe war of Steel has Begun cd at the same time and both are very good. I would recommend getting it.

Cheers mate. I listened to the Rocka Rollas samples and wasn't keen, but the Rapidfire sounded good...