Where is DANGER DANGER Already?

gener8tr

it does not sound anything like 'Collateral Damage' to me. I think it is pretty weak but I've just listen to it one time but was not impressed with the songs at all. Ted's voice is in fine shape but the songs sound like a bunch of throw aways to me.

Jesus mate, youre hard to please. This is an excellent release to these ears. & sorry but it does sound like Ted's solo stuff.........much more than say 'Cockroach'.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, not as rocking as most of us had hoped, but its still a damn fine album, with some highly memorable songs, even after only one spin.

Have to say, this and the Stryper album have been nice little additions to the collection.

I associate DD with hard party rock.

Well the album isn't quite as parttty as the old albums but it is an UP album!! An album to stick on and it will leave you feeling fully charged!

Obviously Ted's voice has changed a bit with time but it's still a good album!

Liking it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got this in the mail yesterday. Definitely another fine addition to the D2 catalog. While I like the "tougher" edge that Laine brought to the band, it's good to hear Poley back as well. I do not think this is the best cd D2 has ever released, but it's pretty darn good. 'FU$' is still my favorite track. Just a hilarious monster anthem. If Ted stays in the band for another album, I'd love to hear something more along the lines of "Screw It". These guys are still one of my all-time favorite bands. Keep it up!

I'm somewhere between all the views above. This is a very good disc, with some stunning songs ("Hearts on the Highway" is a monster) and Ted sounds killer on this (especially on "Fugitive"). Of course it can't come close to their debut, and it doesn't match the likes of "Cockroach" and "4 The Hard Way" either, but IMO it's more of a mix of Marcello/Vestry and Ted's solo stuff and as such is a really strong disc. Some obvious filler, and a gutless production effort, but probably an 8/10 effort....

Still waiting for mine; I ordered through their web site.

Anyone else find it strange that they commemorate the 20th anniversary of their self titled release with a brand new studio album with Ted and then only do one live gig to support it in 2009?

Makes no sense to me.

I think part of the problem is that Rob Marcello is going out with House of Lords in place of Jimi Bell. :(

The more I listen to this album, the less I think its like Teds solo stuff, and more that it sounds like the songs were written during the Paul Laine era, and Ted sang on them.

In fact, there were a couple of songs that for a brief moment, I thought it was Paul singing, until Ted returned to his familiar tones.

I certainly think that even if these songs were written after Paul left, they were certainly written with his vocal style in mind, as its definetly forced Ted to change his vocal style somewhat.

That in itself isnt a bad thing, as the album is fuckin great, but I do think its gonna take them time to adjust to Teds vocal range vs Pauls, as althought they have been back together for years now, this is the first time they have written songs for Ted, in a long long time!

Thinking about it, nearly half of Four the hard way was written for Ted (generally the better songs), and they were the most rocking songs, so it seems that maybe Paul brought out the less rocking side in the writing.

I love the albums they did with him, but maybe he is the reason this album isnt as rocking, not Ted.

Thinking about it, nearly half of Four the hard way was written for Ted (generally the better songs), and they were the most rocking songs, so it seems that maybe Paul brought out the less rocking side in the writing.

I love the albums they did with him, but maybe he is the reason this album isnt as rocking, not Ted.

I loved Paul's songs "Jaded", "Heartbreak Suicide" and "Captain Bring Me Down".

He also wrote the very rocking "Get in the Ring" and of course he also wrote the very laid back "My Secret.

Ah but as great as Captain bring me down is, its not a very rocking song is it.

Heartbreak suicide, another great song, is not that different to anything on Revolve.

As I say, not saying there was anything wrong with the Laine era (hell, I even love Dawn), just saying I think the writing of the new album is more a product of working with Paul for so long, rather than being influenced by Ted.

Just as an aside, stumbled on a bunch of old D2 demos. Some have Mike Pont on vocals, one has Andy Timmons on vocals and some have Al Pitrelli on guitar.

Interesting stuff for the most part!

Ah but as great as Captain bring me down is, its not a very rocking song is it.

Heartbreak suicide, another great song, is not that different to anything on Revolve.

As I say, not saying there was anything wrong with the Laine era (hell, I even love Dawn), just saying I think the writing of the new album is more a product of working with Paul for so long, rather than being influenced by Ted.

I wasn't saying that "Captain" was a rocking song I was just saying that I loved that tune.

I guess there was no real point to my post(just like most of my posts :lol: ), I think I was just saying that I love the Laine era and all of the songs Paul wrote although I do agree with you that many of tunes were more laid back but not all of them. And by the way I like "Dawn" as well. :banger:

I finally got this one in the mail. It sounds like a million bucks, the Bruno's production is fantastic. The individual performances are also excellent, Ted has never sounded so good (I still miss Paul and wish he'd still do some D2 styled stuff) and Rob Marchello simply awesome. No filler to be found, but big over the top hooks are also a bit harder to find than some previous releases. Me likes it!!! This will surely be on my personal top 10 of the year, but I doubt it will be number 1 or even in the top 3. I still think the W.E.T. will be way up there as well as the Place Vendome and despite the bad lyrics the Steel Panther spent 2 straight months in my cd player, so it to should be high up on my list.

The first line in Never Give Up is a blatant Loverboy thing.

I'm somewhere between all the views above. This is a very good disc, with some stunning songs ("Hearts on the Highway" is a monster) and Ted sounds killer on this (especially on "Fugitive"). Of course it can't come close to their debut, and it doesn't match the likes of "Cockroach" and "4 The Hard Way" either, but IMO it's more of a mix of Marcello/Vestry and Ted's solo stuff and as such is a really strong disc. Some obvious filler, and a gutless production effort, but probably an 8/10 effort....

Tim, mate, did you break while I was away? Filler? Bad production? Dude, get that freakin' Fair Warning CD out of your player and put in the Danger Danger CD! ;)

I finally got this one in the mail. It sounds like a million bucks, the Bruno's production is fantastic. The individual performances are also excellent, Ted has never sounded so good (I still miss Paul and wish he'd still do some D2 styled stuff) and Rob Marchello simply awesome. No filler to be found, but big over the top hooks are also a bit harder to find than some previous releases.

Agree, agree, agree.

In my mind there is not a doubt in the world that this is Ted's best album since 'Cockroach'. He sounds excellent... a huge cut above any other project he's been involved with since his split with D2. Production-wise, this sounds great. I seriously cannot understand what Tim's talking about there. I was concerned about a lack of balls based on samples, but to me this sounds really excellent and it has a heavier sound than the samples suggested. Sounds killer to me.

I also agree there are no fillers at all. I guess if pressed I'd say 'Beautiful Regret' is the weakest track, but a filler? Not a freakin' chance.

Faves so far are 'Killin’ Love', 'Hearts On The Highway', 'Rocket To Your Heart' (probably my fave so far), 'Never Give Up' (despite it's horrid title) and the killer closer 'Dirty Mind'. But as I said, I love it all.

Just like Hess/Lesperence, in my opinion, every time Ravel/West put pen to paper they create genius. Sure the lyrics are simple rhyming words of youth but the way these guys write songs is just superb. IMO, this album is better than the 2 Laine discs (which I love) and probably my 4th fave disc in their catalogue. I love it.

Like Chris mentioned, though, I did miss the tongue-in-cheek harder rocking edge of the material on 'Screw It' and like Chris, I'd like to see them embrace some of that on the next (fingers crossed) CD. Killer disc, though, and a good chance at being my fave this year.

Tim, mate, did you break while I was away? Filler? Bad production? Dude, get that freakin' Fair Warning CD out of your player and put in the Danger Danger CD! ;)

I finally got this one in the mail. It sounds like a million bucks, the Bruno's production is fantastic. The individual performances are also excellent, Ted has never sounded so good (I still miss Paul and wish he'd still do some D2 styled stuff) and Rob Marchello simply awesome. No filler to be found, but big over the top hooks are also a bit harder to find than some previous releases.

Agree, agree, agree.

In my mind there is not a doubt in the world that this is Ted's best album since 'Cockroach'. He sounds excellent... a huge cut above any other project he's been involved with since his split with D2. Production-wise, this sounds great. I seriously cannot understand what Tim's talking about there. I was concerned about a lack of balls based on samples, but to me this sounds really excellent and it has a heavier sound than the samples suggested. Sounds killer to me.

I also agree there are no fillers at all. I guess if pressed I'd say 'Beautiful Regret' is the weakest track, but a filler? Not a freakin' chance.

Faves so far are 'Killin’ Love', 'Hearts On The Highway', 'Rocket To Your Heart' (probably my fave so far), 'Never Give Up' (despite it's horrid title) and the killer closer 'Dirty Mind'. But as I said, I love it all.

Just like Hess/Lesperence, in my opinion, every time Ravel/West put pen to paper they create genius. Sure the lyrics are simple rhyming words of youth but the way these guys write songs is just superb. IMO, this album is better than the 2 Laine discs (which I love) and probably my 4th fave disc in their catalogue. I love it.

Like Chris mentioned, though, I did miss the tongue-in-cheek harder rocking edge of the material on 'Screw It' and like Chris, I'd like to see them embrace some of that on the next (fingers crossed) CD. Killer disc, though, and a good chance at being my fave this year.

:agree: What he said, I just love this fucking album!

Agree, agree, agree.

Couldnt agree more.

Absolutely no filler and the production sounds amazing.

If I had to pick my faves it would be, Rocket to your heart, Thats what I'm talking about, FU$, Keep on keepin on & Hearts on the highway, but thats not to say the rest aint great though.

I'm sure many of us wanted a return to the golden olden days, but I think we all knew that wouldnt happen, but I think this is a nice combination of pretty much everything they have done.

Agree, agree, agree.

Couldnt agree more.

Absolutely no filler and the production sounds amazing.

If I had to pick my faves it would be, Rocket to your heart, Thats what I'm talking about, FU$, Keep on keepin on & Hearts on the highway, but thats not to say the rest aint great though.

I'm sure many of us wanted a return to the golden olden days, but I think we all knew that wouldnt happen, but I think this is a nice combination of pretty much everything they have done.

After a couple of spins I have to agree with you guys that this is a heck of an album. :tumbsup:

I was wrong. I stated that this one was a good release with fewer hooks than other releases and that it would unlikely end up at the number 1 spot in my favs of 2009, or even in the top 3.

After listening to this one non stop for a week it has found the number 1 spot so far for 2009. I didn't think anything would beat out the Place Vendome, but this one just might have. I find myself humming not just one, but plenty of the tracks off of it. I've just got to watch out and not sing FU$ at school. Great song, but I wish the lyric was a little different.

Never a major D2 fan, except the debut album to be honest, but 'Revolve' is an absolute killer disc. A couple of tracks towards the end don't quite cut it, but apart from that, A VERY pleasant surprise indeed.

Fave tracks so far

Ghost Of Love

Killin' Love (monster tune)

Hearts On The Highway

Dirty Mind

Never a major D2 fan, except the debut album to be honest, but 'Revolve' is an absolute killer disc. A couple of tracks towards the end don't quite cut it, but apart from that, A VERY pleasant surprise indeed.

Fave tracks so far

Ghost Of Love

Hearts On The Highway

Dirty Mind

I knew you'd love 'Ghost of love'!!! To me it's a very un-D2 type of song - very AOR-ish, but I like it. It's down the bottom of my list with 'Beautiful mistake', but as I said I don't think there's a filler and I love each track.

Like a few dudes, I have to say this has offically stolen the number one spot for me this year. Just absolutely loving it... especially 'Rocket to your heart'.

Fave tracks so far

Ghost Of Love

Hearts On The Highway

Dirty Mind

I knew you'd love 'Ghost of love'!!! To me it's a very un-D2 type of song - very AOR-ish, but I like it. It's down the bottom of my list with 'Beautiful mistake', but as I said I don't think there's a filler and I love each track.

'Killin' Love' is even better than 'Ghost..' and definitely my fave on this.