Where is DANGER DANGER Already?

gener8tr

I don't agree with any of you. This band have made some awesome discs ("Screw It"/"Cockroach"/"4 The Hard Way") but they never topped the debut IMO. Pure 80's Melodic Rock heaven.

Tim you are wrong once again. :lol:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with any of you. This band have made some awesome discs ("Screw It"/"Cockroach"/"4 The Hard Way") but they never topped the debut IMO. Pure 80's Melodic Rock heaven.

No he isnt. Debut is their best album....by quite a long way for me.

I mean nearly all the songs are classics......One Step From Paradise, Naughty Naughty, Bang Bang, Feels Like Love, Boys Will Be Boys and of course the totally awesome Under The Gun.

Dont get much better than that!

No he isnt. Debut is their best album....by quite a long way for me.

I mean nearly all the songs are classics......One Step From Paradise, Naughty Naughty, Bang Bang, Feels Like Love, Boys Will Be Boys and of course the totally awesome Under The Gun.

Dont get much better than that!

Never been a major Danger Danger fan to be honest. Good band for sure, but nothing except the debut really grabbed me too much, bar odd songs here and there. I'll leave now :gone:

as much as i love Screw It I thought it didn't flow all that great at times. I posted this before, maybe even started a thread about it but I would love to see D2 re-record the first album with Andy, pull back the keys a bit and up the guitar's.

That would be a monstrosity even worse than Ozzy re-recording his first few albums with new musicians! :o :o

The first album is perfect in every way. If anything I'd like to hear Tony redo Andy's two solos from the album.

I've just heard all 11 track previews from the new album (as posted by Dan on the main site) and I have to say that I'm really really looking forward to geting this album. The songs are all very modern sounding, catchy, and they are certainly more in the melodic/AOR vein than I expected. Great stuff! Anyone who was hoping for a glam/sleaze effort will be disappointed.

I've just heard all 11 track previews from the new album (as posted by Dan on the main site) and I have to say that I'm really really looking forward to geting this album. The songs are all very modern sounding, catchy, and they are certainly more in the melodic/AOR vein than I expected. Great stuff! Anyone who was hoping for a glam/sleaze effort will be disappointed.

I guess that's why we are discussing this in the Aor/hard rock forum and not the Sleaze forum.

I've heard a few samples and they sound a little better than solo Ted Poley tracks. Very clean and produced.

I would like DD to be a bit more 'spikey'!

Tc

I guess that's why we are discussing this in the Aor/hard rock forum and not the Sleaze forum.

Oh thanks for pointing that out. Very helpful.

One of my favorite bands so I was automatically getting this. Finally heard the samples and they don't disappoint. Nice mix of debut era D2, post debut, solo Ted and I can detect a nu breed riff or two as well in a coupla spots. Yup. Think I covered everything there with the world's most vague review.

Bottom line: can't wait for this to get released!

Anyone know any outlets with it available for preorder?

One of my favorite bands so I was automatically getting this. Finally heard the samples and they don't disappoint. Nice mix of debut era D2, post debut, solo Ted and I can detect a nu breed riff or two as well in a coupla spots. Yup. Think I covered everything there with the world's most vague review.

Yeah pre-order at NEH Records

Yeah pre-order at NEH Records

Perfect. Thanks fahrenheit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll definately be the lonewolf on this one.

IMO this album is weak. Wheres the BALLS? Its just another wimpy AOR Poley outing. Poley/Rivera had more balls, and Marcello/Vestry certainly had tons of riffage.

I dont mind my Hard Rock with AOR overtones but this is a bit much. I see this as a Poley solo CD and not a D2 album.

Looks like they held Marcello back. Thank God for Marcello/Vestry 2!!!

Having tried to listen to the whole album I nearly fell asleep with the boredom of it.

Their debut will always be their best for me.

strange comments on this one...........

Had my first listen this morning and I pretty much loved it from beginning to end.

Amazon UK say..."This item will be released on 21 Sep 2009."

Hmmmmm?!

Thats about right.

US release is 18th Sept, so its only a few days later for Euro release!

ive pre-ordered.

Hmmmmm?!

Thats about right.

ive pre-ordered.

Me too, and I refuse to hear it until I have the original in my hands. :) Even if the anticipation is extreme.

The comment about it having no balls worries me as that was the most obvious indication the samples showed. I'm sure I'll still love the songs though.

Having tried to listen to the whole album I nearly fell asleep with the boredom of it.

Had my first listen this morning and I pretty much loved it from beginning to end.

I've tried listening again........nope, it ain't working for me :unsure:

I've tried listening again........nope, it ain't working for me :unsure:

so your going to give this to me? thanks

Hmmmmm?!

Thats about right.

ive pre-ordered.

Me too, and I refuse to hear it until I have the original in my hands. :) Even if the anticipation is extreme.

The comment about it having no balls worries me as that was the most obvious indication the samples showed. I'm sure I'll still love the songs though.

Mate it definitely sounds more like 'Collateral Damage' than 'Cockroach, but hey who's complaining??

• 2 weeks later...