Where is DANGER DANGER Already?

gener8tr

Never a major D2 fan, except the debut album to be honest, but 'Revolve' is an absolute killer disc. A couple of tracks towards the end don't quite cut it, but apart from that, A VERY pleasant surprise indeed.

Fave tracks so far

Ghost Of Love

Killin' Love (monster tune)

Hearts On The Highway

Dirty Mind

I knew you'd love 'Ghost of love'!!! To me it's a very un-D2 type of song - very AOR-ish, but I like it. It's down the bottom of my list with 'Beautiful mistake', but as I said I don't think there's a filler and I love each track.

'Killin' Love' is even better than 'Ghost..' and definitely my fave on this.

Yeah, 'Killin' love' is right up the top for me too. Probably only behind 'Rocket to your heart', 'Hearts on the highway' and 'Dirty mind'. I really love 'Never give up' too. Never thought I'd say that about a title like that. :lol:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is, everytime I listen to this, my favourites change.

Just when you think "Ah man, this is a great fucking tune", another one pops up and you are trying to decide which one you like more.

I think if I had to lay my money down on one track though, it'd have to be Rocket to your heart.

What a stunning track (and god knows what rick kerch vzla is going on about on the main site, saying it sounds like grunge song)!

Never a major D2 fan, except the debut album to be honest, but 'Revolve' is an absolute killer disc. A couple of tracks towards the end don't quite cut it, but apart from that, A VERY pleasant surprise indeed.

Fave tracks so far

Ghost Of Love

Killin' Love (monster tune)

Hearts On The Highway

Dirty Mind

I knew you'd love 'Ghost of love'!!! To me it's a very un-D2 type of song - very AOR-ish, but I like it. It's down the bottom of my list with 'Beautiful mistake', but as I said I don't think there's a filler and I love each track.

'Killin' Love' is even better than 'Ghost..' and definitely my fave on this.

Yeah, 'Killin' love' is right up the top for me too. Probably only behind 'Rocket to your heart', 'Hearts on the highway' and 'Dirty mind'. I really love 'Never give up' too. Never thought I'd say that about a title like that. :lol:

I like Killing Love but really get distracted when that 'gurgling baby' makes it's appearance at the end. What is the relevance of that?

The album is full of killer lines like...

'Cover girl face, trailer park grace'.

Genius!

Tc

I like Killing Love but really get distracted when that 'gurgling baby' makes it's appearance at the end. What is the relevance of that?

Yeah, someone said that above too. It is annoying and like you say, I have no idea why it's there.

Yeah, someone said that above too. It is annoying and like you say, I have no idea why it's there.

Killin' Love....baby gurgling. I really hope it's not an anti abortion crusade type song. I've read the lyrics and I don't get that as being why the baby voice is there. It's about the only flaw on the disc, so I can live with it.

I dont see it as a distraction at all, being that its right at the end of the song.

I mean, its not the first time a song has ended with a musician putting a childs voice at the end, and usually its a member of the bands children, and they just want to get their kid on the album.

I think thinking about it too much is a bit pointless really. Its a damn good song, and the baby gurgle doesnt exactly make the song any worse or any better.

• 2 weeks later...

I only wish. Unfortunately I blew my wad already seeing the Cult in LA (Aug) and then Steel Panther in Vegas (Sept). I'm hoping I have one more good road trip in me and I plan on it being a trek to the east coast to see D2 in a small venue like the one tonight. Guess I'll have to wait until they line up dates for 2010 (hopefully).

Have a great time if you're going and let us know how the show is including a set list if you can. :headbanger:

I only wish. Unfortunately I blew my wad already seeing the Cult in LA (Aug) and then Steel Panther in Vegas (Sept). I'm hoping I have one more good road trip in me and I plan on it being a trek to the east coast to see D2 in a small venue like the one tonight. Guess I'll have to wait until they line up dates for 2010 (hopefully).

Have a great time if you're going and let us know how the show is including a set list if you can. :headbanger:

Sure thing. Sorry you can't make it. I'll have my camera in full photog mode(if they will allow it), and I hope to get one with the band. Setlist will follow. :headbanger:

I had a few standouts when I gave it the first spin, but after 2-3 spins, they were all great... Nice comeback for these guys.

Ok...first off the show was epic. Pete was smokng on guitar, Mark sang his ass off. Mark has an extremely powerful voice. I didn't get to talk to Blue Charvel llike I had hoped, oh well. Dude, you rocked. The lighting wasn't conducive to taking pictures with my limited camera. All the pictures I took were blurry and washed out! F.UCK!

Fine Line, Kick Me Down, and Heaven were the highlights for me.... :headbanger:

Danger Danger blew the house down. Of course Ted played up to all the young(and old) ladies who had feathered their way to the front of the stage. Ted kept grabbing people's cameras and snapping photos of himself, Bruno and Rob while playing. I should have went to the front myself!

At one point Ted came down into the crowd while singing, walked up to me, put his arm around me and posed for a picture....my friend didn't know how to work my camera and instead of snapping one, he pressed the off button! Epic FAIL!

As far the setlist goes...I'm not sure of the order, but:

Boys Will Be Boys

Monkey Business

Bang Bang

Don't Walk Away

I Still Think About You

When She's Good.....

Rock America

Under the Gun

Naughty Naughty

Beat the Bullet

Crazy Nites

Don't Blame it On Love

That's What I'm Talking About

They stayed about an hour afterward to sign stuff and pose for pictures....it was a great time.

No offense, but I didn't really care for Emerald Monkey.

Ok...first off the show was epic. Pete was smokng on guitar, Mark sang his ass off. Mark has an extremely powerful voice. I didn't get to talk to Blue Charvel llike I had hoped, oh well. Dude, you rocked. The lighting wasn't conducive to taking pictures with my limited camera. All the pictures I took were blurry and washed out! F.UCK!

Fine Line, Kick Me Down, and Heaven were the highlights for me.... :headbanger:

Danger Danger blew the house down. Of course Ted played up to all the young(and old) ladies who had feathered their way to the front of the stage. Ted kept grabbing people's cameras and snapping photos of himself, Bruno and Rob while playing. I should have went to the front myself!

At one point Ted came down into the crowd while singing, walked up to me, put his arm around me and posed for a picture....my friend didn't know how to work my camera and instead of snapping one, he pressed the off button! Epic FAIL!

As far the setlist goes...I'm not sure of the order, but:

Boys Will Be Boys

Monkey Business

Bang Bang

Don't Walk Away

I Still Think About You

When She's Good.....

Rock America

Under the Gun

Naughty Naughty

Beat the Bullet

Crazy Nites

Don't Blame it On Love

That's What I'm Talking About

They stayed about an hour afterward to sign stuff and pose for pictures....it was a great time.

No offense, but I didn't really care for Emerald Monkey.

Sounds like a great show for sure. FarCry is great live that's for sure.

I'm sure that "Have it All" kicked butt to, that is if they played that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow what a great album Revolve is. My comment on the main site doesn't do my love of this album justice. No filler at all, great solos, great lyrics and Ted's voice sounds as great as it did 20 years ago. This is a classic. Best album of the year by far.

F.U.$ is probably my favourite track at the moment. I had no idea the album would be this good, I should've gotten it sooner!

• 2 months later...

Just because I'm bored I thought I'd do a quick follow-up on this. I surprised even myself at the end of 2009 going with Steel Panther over this for album of the year. Danger Danger are in my top 3 bands of all time and this album is amazing, so it was pretty much a shoe-in, certainly.

Well, it was definitely a two horse race between these two (which is saying a lot considering the excellence of Place Vendome and WET) so here's a quick explanation (because I know so many people care) as to why this didn't take the top spot. Mostly due to a couple of songs. Firstly, I love every song on the Steel Panther CD which is why it took it home. A few thoughts on some tracks on the Danger Danger CD:

'Hearts on the highway', 'Rocket to your heart' and 'Dirty mind' are three of the best songs of 2009 without question.

Not at all far behind, 'Killin' love', 'FU$' and 'Never give up'... which are only millimetres from the above three. And next would be 'Keep on keepin' on. Hate the title, but killer track.

Now, my comments on the rest:

01. That's What I'm Talking About ; I tried, and tried. And then tried again. I love this track - such a great opener - but how can one of my favourite bands do this to me? Why not just call the song 'Oh no you di'nt!' Seriously, the song title and consequently main hook just kills me. Awesome song, totally crabby use of Rikki Lake dialogue.

02. Ghost Of Love ; It's a pretty cool song - great in fact, but doods, this is just not D2. Even with Ted on vocals and it all happening delightfully, D2 have never written a song like this. It's such pure AOR. It's nice enough, and probably the best pure AOR song of the year... but let's never hear this style from D2 again please. :lol:

05. Fugitive ; Again, great song. But is it maybe just a bit too soft? I do love it... but Tim (2)'s comment about it being a boyband track has etched itself in my head. :lol: I love it, but man it's lightweight.

09. Beautiful Regret ; definitely the closest thing to a filler on this CD. I honestly don't mind this song, but man the hook is weak.

Just because I'm bored I thought I'd do a quick follow-up on this. I surprised even myself at the end of 2009 going with Steel Panther over this for album of the year. Danger Danger are in my top 3 bands of all time and this album is amazing, so it was pretty much a shoe-in, certainly.

Well, it was definitely a two horse race between these two (which is saying a lot considering the excellence of Place Vendome and WET) so here's a quick explanation (because I know so many people care) as to why this didn't take the top spot. Mostly due to a couple of songs. Firstly, I love every song on the Steel Panther CD which is why it took it home. A few thoughts on some tracks on the Danger Danger CD:

'Hearts on the highway', 'Rocket to your heart' and 'Dirty mind' are three of the best songs of 2009 without question.

Not at all far behind, 'Killin' love', 'FU$' and 'Never give up'... which are only millimetres from the above three. And next would be 'Keep on keepin' on. Hate the title, but killer track.

01. That's What I'm Talking About ; I tried, and tried. And then tried again. I love this track - such a great opener - but how can one of my favourite bands do this to me? Why not just call the song 'Oh no you di'nt!' Seriously, the song title and consequently main hook just kills me. Awesome song, totally crabby use of Rikki Lake dialogue.

02. Ghost Of Love ; It's a pretty cool song - great in fact, but doods, this is just not D2. Even with Ted on vocals and it all happening delightfully, D2 have never written a song like this. It's such pure AOR. It's nice enough, and probably the best pure AOR song of the year... but let's never hear this style from D2 again please. :lol:

05. Fugitive ; Again, great song. But is it maybe just a bit too soft? I do love it... but Tim (2)'s comment about it being a boyband track has etched itself in my head. :lol: I love it, but man it's lightweight.

09. Beautiful Regret ; definitely the closest thing to a filler on this CD. I honestly don't mind this song, but man the hook is weak.

I love all 4 of those especially "Fugitive".

Not a bad song on the disc IMO and is one of the top albums of 2009 and probably the decade.

Not a bad song on the disc IMO and is one of the top albums of 2009 and probably the decade.

After 'Killin' Love' (which was one of the top songs of the year for me) 'Ghost Of Love' & 'Fugitive' are my 2 faves off the album, with only 'Beautiful Regret' being my choice for filler song, although 'Fu$' isn't exactly my fave for that matter. Brilliant disc anyways and my big surprise of the year by far.

After 'Killin' Love' (which was one of the top songs of the year for me) 'Ghost Of Love' & 'Fugitive' are my 2 faves off the album, with only 'Beautiful Regret' being my choice for filler song, although 'Fu$' isn't exactly my fave for that matter. Brilliant disc anyways and my big surprise of the year by far.

Yeah, as I say, love them all too (except maybe 'Beautiful regret') and my 'critisism' of a Danger Danger song can be viewed on par with my praise of, for example, the best songs Journey have to offer. As I said in each instance, love the song but there is just a niggling little issue for each one that made it drop into second place at the end of the year. :)

Yep definitely some filler on here. "FU$", "Beautiful Regret", "Dirty Mind" (no idea why everyone likes this one?) all suck, and "Fugitive" is just a ridiculous song for a Melodic Rock band to have written as it's pure cheese/pop - hell even the latest Backstreet Boys single is less cheesy. The production/mix also doesn't help this disc... Where is the guitar in the mix? Some great lead-work, but you can't hear it!

"Hearts on the Highway" & "Killin' Love" are the two outright winners for me.

Overall this disc reminds me of the "Screw It!" album. A few killer tunes, lots of really good ones, and 3 or 4 fillers.

Yep definitely some filler on here. "Dirty Mind" (no idea why everyone likes this one?) all suck,

The production/mix also doesn't help this disc... Where is the guitar in the mix? Some great lead-work, but you can't hear it!

:lol: You crazy kid. 'Dirty mind' is a filler? Haha. Yeah, *wink wink* I agree mate. Spot on. ;)

I'm also totally amazed with your production comments. I can honestly say you're the only person I've seen comment with any negativity on this aspect of the CD.

There is no filler on this album, and the production is faultless.

Thats my opinion anyway!

That sir, is the RIGHT opinion.

I'm also totally amazed with your production comments. I can honestly say you're the only person I've seen comment with any negativity on this aspect of the CD.

Well the overall sound is great, sharp & clear. But I just wish it didn't have the same mix as the Ted Poley solo discs, as the guitar is inaudible in a lot of places. "Hearts on the Highway" is so slick & polished it just needs a bit of beefing-up, and there is some great lead-guitar on that track that you just can't hear. There are 3 or 4 songs on the album that are just pure lite AOR, & are lighter than anything they've ever released (there's certainly not been a track like "Fugitive" on anything else they've done - even stuff like "Feels Like Love" & "One Step From Paradise" on the debut had more guitar & were more like power-ballads). It's not a major criticism from me as I love the album, I'm just explaining why it's not a 10/10 IMHO....