Nickleback is on HH?

Leykis101

Alright im confused, this is the one safe haven, the one true mecca, where I feel safe, I can go to escape the likes of bands like Nickleback! I can chat with my net buddys from countrys where good music still exsists, where having musical talent isnt a negative against a band. A metal, aor, rock, site, where a mediocre shitty untalented, every album sounds the exact same as the last, band like Nickleback, couldnt even dream of getting in, so Nickleback deserves a spot on HH, but Bryan Adams has to stand by because your not sure if he's rock enough! well the first 3 albums Adams released are Rock! Nickleback is not rock, it's shitty radio filler garbage! and just the fact it got put on HH is very scary to me, because in a way, it's like the first illegal immigrant sneaking acrossed the HH border, now it's in, all the shitty american(Canadian or British who target america) wannabe radio filler garbage will be able to get in! I mean ive submitted good bands from america numerous times, they wont put on the greatest band in american history, the almighty Green Day, who along with Metallica make up the royalty for which all up coming musicians should strive, I mean, if The Fray and All American Rejects can out sell classics like My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy, they too should clearly be on HH, at least they arent Seven Mary Three rip offs!

Alright im confused, this is the one safe haven, the one true mecca, where I feel safe, I can go to escape the likes of bands like Nickleback! I can chat with my net buddys from countrys where good music still exsists, where having musical talent isnt a negative against a band. A metal, aor, rock, site, where a mediocre shitty untalented, every album sounds the exact same as the last, band like Nickleback, couldnt even dream of getting in, so Nickleback deserves a spot on HH, but Bryan Adams has to stand by because your not sure if he's rock enough! well the first 3 albums Adams released are Rock! Nickleback is not rock, it's shitty radio filler garbage! and just the fact it got put on HH is very scary to me, because in a way, it's like the first illegal immigrant sneaking acrossed the HH border, now it's in, all the shitty american(Canadian or British who target america) wannabe radio filler garbage will be able to get in! I mean ive submitted good bands from america numerous times, they wont put on the greatest band in american history, the almighty Green Day, who along with Metallica make up the royalty for which all up coming musicians should strive, I mean, if The Fray and All American Rejects can out sell classics like My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy, they too should clearly be on HH, at least they arent Seven Mary Three rip offs!

Nickleback must be removed.

I don't mind Nickelback being on HH. Not all of their CD's might be my taste, but it is rock music. Full stop. Having said that I totally agree that Bryan Adams should be on HH as well. Again it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but his early releases is great melodic rock music, which has inspired many other musicians. And I believe, in a separate poll here on HH the majority of us actually voted in favour of Bryan Adams.

Well, let's wait and see ..... :popcorn:

'Dark Horse' kicks ass and is a great album that most definitley should be on HH. Not a rock album??

Backed. "Dark Horse" is kickin' commercial hard rock. They are also a band that keeps getting better and better with every album.

Thats another thing, just because Mutt, or Child, or (state your ex-metal producers name here) produce an album, that doesnt give it instant credibility, I have heard the new Nickleback and guess what, I did listen to it with an open mind, I got dupped, just like I did on the last Metallica album, somebody telling me how "good it was" and how "hard it rocked" and shure as shit, it did what Nickleback has always done, they always hold up their end of the bargain, it sounded like they just wrote new lyrics and used the same music that they used in all the previous albums, their is NOTHING!!!! on the latest Nicklback disc that "sets them apart", Nothing!!! and to say it's rock is a slap in the face to bands on American labels that are trying to put out "real rock", like Damone, and Stereoside, you guys are familiar with Stereoside, some of you thought they sound like Nickelback, well if thats the case, then Nickelback needs to take a few pointers from them!!!!

...you guys are familiar with Stereoside, some of you thought they sound like Nickelback, well if that's the case, then Nickelback needs to take a few pointers from them!!

While I like Stereoside, the following needs to be said:

Nickelback > Stereoside

Yep, I'm throwing gasoline on a raging fire. ;)

Bryan Adams should be on HH as well. Again it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but his early releases is great melodic rock music, which has inspired many other musicians. And I believe, in a separate poll here on HH the majority of us actually voted in favour of Bryan Adams.

Agreed!

As for Nickelback, based on the quality of the last CD, and having Mutt produce this one, I'd say absolutely... however I'd also say that All The Right Reasons smokes Dark Horse, but that's just my opinion...

I don't mind Nickelback being on HH. Not all of their CD's might be my taste, but it is rock music. Full stop. Having said that I totally agree that Bryan Adams should be on HH as well. Again it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but his early releases is great melodic rock music, which has inspired many other musicians. And I believe, in a separate poll here on HH the majority of us actually voted in favour of Bryan Adams.

any HH member questioning bryan adams legitamacy on this site needs to be baneed :beerbang::popcorn:

any HH member questioning bryan adams legitamacy on this site needs to be baneed :beerbang::popcorn:

Still a big question mark as to why albums like 'Cuts Like A Knife' and Reckless', in fact all his discography up to and including 'Waking The Neighbours', aren't on this site. It's a mystery to me, but what do I know!!

I couldn't agree more.

Bryan Adams is left off this site as well as Grand Funk Railroad and BTO.

Yet crap like Nickelback is allowed on. Nickelback is for all those pussies who think they like rock and want to be rockers yet don't want to be sad enough to like old 80s bands.

I equally like this site and forum as the likes of Nickelback weren't allowed here.

We live in dangerous uncertain times now and I think allowing Nickelback on here has opened the doors to some very dodgy stuff being allowed on here.

I couldn't agree more.

Yet crap like Nickelback is allowed on. Nickelback is for all those pussies who think they like rock and want to be rockers yet don't want to be sad enough to like old 80s bands.

I equally like this site and forum as the likes of Nickelback weren't allowed here.

We live in dangerous uncertain times now and I think allowing Nickelback on here has opened the doors to some very dodgy stuff being allowed on here.

I think you're kinda full of shit. Grand Funk being allowed for the kind of music they played back in the day is no different than Nickelback being in here for the kind of current rock they play today. If you don't like NB then that's your loss...but don't say stupid things...I'm one of those pussies that likes Nickelback.

I couldn't agree more.

I think you're kinda full of shit. Grand Funk being allowed for the kind of music they played back in the day is no different than Nickelback being in here for the kind of current rock they play today. If you don't like NB then that's your loss...but don't say stupid things...I'm one of those pussies that likes Nickelback.

Sorry Mullet! JMO, That is an exact 100% true statement, GFR was playing current rock for that time in history, as did many bands during history, but you kind of shaded the fact of this whole thread, my point isnt the music they play! as I said, Stereoside does it with great success, it's that Grand Funk, unlike Nickelback, had not much, but a little musical talent, and originality, you see I fully believe that if just 1 band, just one, with just a pinch of originality and talent, could get through the communist wall that is the US music industry, I think it could begin to spiral the countrys musical grave yard, back to life, kind of like a reverse Nirvana! I mean one band was all it took to fuck everything we had musically up for good, I believe one band could bring it back, but unfortunatly!! that hero doesnt exist anywhere I can see, because all the radio stations are owned by a certain 3 companys, a fucking Monopoly, their first interest isnt the music, nor is it their second, third, fourth, or even tenth! but it's hard for me to just settle for a band like Nickleback, when bands like Edguy, Jaded Heart, Jorn, etc. are releasing new TOP QUALITY!! rock and metal, only with musicians that can actually improvise, and be a little bit creative musically, putting out albums that they can take a little pride in, stuff that sounds like the REAL ROCK AND METAL, I love, but not sounding at all dated, actually mixing old with new! but these bands don't even acknowledge America, and to tell you the truth without trying to sound melodramatic, it makes me feel ashamed! for lack of a better word, I don't hate new music, im not like my dad whos music world ended in 1972, I constantly seek out new bands, and am very excited when I stumble onto one, but I cannot in good metal conscience, just accept Nickleback, when personally I think they blow, and on top of that, Seven Mary Three did that sound before nicklback, and they too did it better! so just my thoughts, I will not post about this again, as ive said what I feel, and don't think getting into it any deeper would be healthy or result getting!

I didn't mean ALL people who listen to Nickelback are pussies. What I meant is that I associate Nickelback listeners with kids who know fuck all about music thinking they're "rockers" because they're into Nickelback when chances are they know nothing about the other bands out there or about where rock and metal music came from.

That's just whom I associate Nickelback fans with. Guys on this site who are into them are OK because at least they don't just like Nickelback.

In my opinion however, Nickelback sound the same on all their songs and it astonished me that they were allowed on here when classic rock pioneers BTO and GFR were not.

Just my two cents and I in no way intended to equate guys on this forum who like Nickelback with pussie teenage wannabe rockers.

I didn't mean ALL people who listen to Nickelback are pussies. What I meant is that I associate Nickelback listeners with kids who know fuck all about music thinking they're "rockers" because they're into Nickelback when chances are they know nothing about the other bands out there or about where rock and metal music came from.

That's just whom I associate Nickelback fans with. Guys on this site who are into them are OK because at least they don't just like Nickelback.

In my opinion however, Nickelback sound the same on all their songs and it astonished me that they were allowed on here when classic rock pioneers BTO and GFR were not.

Just my two cents and I in no way intended to equate guys on this forum who like Nickelback with pussie teenage wannabe rockers.

Look at what kids have to choose from on the radio today. No one has shown them anything else...there's a lot of people on here who are older that like NB because they sound melodic and they rock. It has nothing to do with anything else. I can't imagine anyone could be this offended with them being added.

I couldn't agree more.

Sorry Mullet! JMO, That is an exact 100% true statement, GFR was playing current rock for that time in history, as did many bands during history, but you kind of shaded the fact of this whole thread, my point isnt the music they play! as I said, Stereoside does it with great success, it's that Grand Funk, unlike Nickelback, had not much, but a little musical talent, and originality, you see I fully believe that if just 1 band, just one, with just a pinch of originality and talent, could get through the communist wall that is the US music industry, I think it could begin to spiral the countrys musical grave yard, back to life, kind of like a reverse Nirvana! I mean one band was all it took to fuck everything we had musically up for good, I believe one band could bring it back, but unfortunatly!! that hero doesnt exist anywhere I can see, because all the radio stations are owned by a certain 3 companys, a fucking Monopoly, their first interest isnt the music, nor is it their second, third, fourth, or even tenth! but it's hard for me to just settle for a band like Nickleback, when bands like Edguy, Jaded Heart, Jorn, etc. are releasing new TOP QUALITY!! rock and metal, only with musicians that can actually improvise, and be a little bit creative musically, putting out albums that they can take a little pride in, stuff that sounds like the REAL ROCK AND METAL, I love, but not sounding at all dated, actually mixing old with new! but these bands don't even acknowledge America, and to tell you the truth without trying to sound melodramatic, it makes me feel ashamed! for lack of a better word, I don't hate new music, im not like my dad whos music world ended in 1972, I constantly seek out new bands, and am very excited when I stumble onto one, but I cannot in good metal conscience, just accept Nickleback, when personally I think they blow, and on top of that, Seven Mary Three did that sound before nicklback, and they too did it better! so just my thoughts, I will not post about this again, as ive said what I feel, and don't think getting into it any deeper would be healthy or result getting!

This site wasn't around back then though. Are we suppose to go back in time and add everyone who we think is melodic?

Lets just agree to disagree...

I agree, but one could easily say the same about Nickelback. Despite the horrid vocals, it is just pure melodic hard rock - nothing more nothing less. Britny Fox had a horrifying vocalist, but no one questioned their position here.

Oh and for the record, Nickelback, imo, completely mutilate Stereoside. :)

I couldn't agree more.

This site wasn't around back then though. Are we suppose to go back in time and add everyone who we think is melodic?

Well it's just my 2 cents but if we're letting Nickelback and other "Modern" bands then why not let the Grunge bands in like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, STP and Pearl Jam. After all they were just "Modern" rock of that time period and they had melodic songs with good guitar solos. And just like todays "Modern" rock not everyone likes them.

I couldn't agree more.

Well it's just my 2 cents but if we're letting Nickelback and other "Modern" bands then why not let the Grunge bands in like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, STP and Pearl Jam. After all they were just "Modern" rock of that time period and they had melodic songs with good guitar solos. And just like todays "Modern" rock not everyone likes them.

Because those bands were as melodic as my foot.

The reason a band like Nickelback (who really aren't one of the best, imo) and the like belongs here is because they write those big catchy melodic choruses with hooks and big guitar riffs that date back to the the joy of 80's hard rock. What is one thing those shitty grunge bands have in common with that whole scene?

Backed 100 %. If Nickelback would have done music in the eighties they would have propably played melodic hardrock for the eighties similar to most of the bands ón this site.

Now they are are playing pure melodic rock for this decade in my opinion. The most imortant thing IMO is that the band can write and perform great rock songs. And that is exactly what Nickelback are doing . A good song is always a good song.

And if they have money to pay Mutt to produce the album it's really good for them but all there albums have been greatly produced.