Genres tweaked and new genre: "Modern Hard Rock"

heavyharmonies

Probably overdue, but I've tweaked some of the genre titles and added one.

"Lite AOR" is now "Pop AOR / Westcoast"

"AOR" is now "Melodic Rock / AOR"

"Hard Rock" is now "80s Hard Rock"

"Southern Rock" is now "Southern and Blues Rock"

and I've added a category for "Modern Hard Rock"

With all the good stuff coming out from Hinder, Nickelback, Shinedown, etc., they're too close and overlapping the styles on HH to be excluded.

If you feel there are any existing bands on HH that should be moved into the "Modern Hard Rock" (or to any other category for that matter), please post to this thread and we'll discuss.

I also updated the icon for HH Radio and moved it to the top of the page.

-Dan

Geoff will be more or less alone in this category, I guess ..... :whistle:

:rofl2:

Otherwise it's a good idea, Dan ! :drink:

I actually think he'll be mad about it considering he hates the label.

Can't remember ever saying that. At least not anymore than I dislike any other label.

Last time I checked, there were actually a couple of us here with good taste is music, mate. In fact, you might find yourself alone with your dust and vintage opinions pretty soon. ;):P

Anyway, awesome addition, Dan.

Top of my head, of those already on the site I'd put these in the 'modern' category:

Ra

Vonray

Antheneum

Will think of more as they come.

Can't remember ever saying that. At least not anymore than I dislike any other label.

Last time I checked, there were actually a couple of us here with good taste is music, mate. In fact, you might find yourself alone with your dust and vintage opinions pretty soon. ;):P

yep you can count me in :tumbsup:

Yeah you got upset with my use of that label(I'm not sure what thread it was in) just a few weeks ago saying something like the newer stuff isn't any different than the stuff from the late 80's. Not exact quote but to me your post made me think that you didn't like the label "Modern Rock". :unsure:

Yeah you got upset with my use of that label(I'm not sure what thread it was in) just a few weeks ago saying something like the newer stuff isn't any different than the stuff from the late 80's. Not exact quote but to me your post made me think that you didn't like the label "Modern Rock". :unsure:

Maybe a misinterpretation of what I said. If I recall, it was something along the lines of you asking Jarred when he'd started listening to modern rock and I merely pointed out that although this label is required to set it apart from bands like HEAT and Marcello/Vestry, it's all just melodic hard rock. You can separate it with labels all you want, but as Dan said above the two are pretty much interchangable these days and I just hate when people write something off purely for the fact is' "modern rock", when in 2008, every new CD we listen to is technically "modern rock".

Maybe a misinterpretation of what I said. If I recall, it was something along the lines of you asking Jarred when he'd started listening to modern rock and I merely pointed out that although this label is required to set it apart from bands like HEAT and Marcello/Vestry, it's all just melodic hard rock. You can separate it with labels all you want, but as Dan said above the two are pretty much interchangable these days and I just hate when people write something off purely for the fact is' "modern rock", when in 2008, every new CD we listen to is technically "modern rock".

I don't think there was a misinterpretation at all.

Not that it really matters.

I believe it was the Nickelback 'Dark Horse' thread if you care to revisit. ;)

I believe it was the Nickelback 'Dark Horse' thread if you care to revisit. ;)

If it means I have to listen to that dreadful album again then thanks but no thanks. :blink:

Great idea... There's too many good modern bands that have some pretty good roots in the 80's style. We must "embrace" them here :popcorn:

If it means I have to listen to that dreadful album again then thanks but no thanks. :blink:

:omg:

I wouldn't take it too seriously. Just trying to prove a point, I dare say. I bet he secretly adores it. :lol:

Great changes...!

I guess I'll ask... so Geoff doesn't have to. Can we add SR-71 to the HH site now...? :bananamac:

• My Little Pony
Great changes...!

I guess I'll ask... so Geoff doesn't have to. Can we add SR-71 to the HH site now...? :bananamac:

Those dancing bananas look so much better on this new monitor. :banana:

Great changes...!

Haha... I thought of them first too!

Anyway, awesome addition, Dan.

Top of my head, of those already on the site I'd put these in the 'modern' category:

Ra

Vonray

Antheneum

Will think of more as they come.

Ha ha .. ! I knew this reply would come ! :drink:

Don't worry, though ! I was just kidding, of course. Some of this more modern stuff is really good (I don't actually have such a dust and vintage opinion, as a matter of fact !). Ra and Vonray are excellent examples, and they have been part of my collection for a very long time and rightly so. And I wouldn't mind at all if SR-71 and Hinder were added to HH. But it doesn't have to be Cauterize, does it ?!?! ;)

I still would like Bryan Adams to be added as well, but that's a different topic ! :whistle: