PLAYOFFS! It's that time again!

martinsane

Well this weekend is a big Wild Card Weekend!!

Who's in it to win it?

The games are:

Saturday:

Battle of the birds: The 11-5 Falcon's vs. the 9-7 Cardinals in Arizona...

The 12-4 Colts vs. the 8-8 Chargers in San Diego...

Sunday:

The 9-6-1 Eagles vs. the 10-6 Vikings in Minnesota...

The 11-5 Ravens vs. the 11-5 Dolphins in Miami...

For my picks I'm pulling for the underdawgs all the way: Arizona, San Diego, Minnesota and Miami.

My predictions...

Falcons will roll the Cards

The Chargers should be easily beaten by the Colts, but this game has "upset" written all over it

The Eagles will embarrass the "not yet ready for prime time" Vikes

And I have no idea who will win in the Dolphins/Ravens game. I'll go with the Ravens

Hmmm..... could it be deja vu all over again for my Baltimore Ravens?

Year 2000:

AFC #1 Seed: Tennessee Titans

NFC #1 Seed: New York Giants

Super Bowl held in Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium

Ravens win Wild Card spot

Ravens win Super Bowl 35

Year 2008:

AFC #1 Seed: Tennessee Titans

NFC #1 Seed: New York Giants

Super Bowl held in Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium

Ravens win Wild Card spot

Ravens win Super Bowl????? :banana:

Well, well, well....

Looks like Big T is 2 for 2 so far this weekend, great games!

Go Underdawgs!

Tomorrow we have:

Looks like the advantage goes to the home field and my 2 pix, Vike's and Dolphin's.

Well, well, well....

Go Underdawgs!

Tomorrow we have:

Looks like the advantage goes to the home field and my 2 pix, Vike's and Dolphin's.

I hope your prediction rings true! Go Vikes!!!! :beerbang:

Well, well, well....

Go Underdawgs!

Tomorrow we have:

It should come down to who runs the ball better.

Both the Cards and the Bolts ran the ball better and that's why they won.

Of course the Chargers had a few close calls that went their way(refs making up for the Hocili call?) and Manning more than outplayed Rivers, but the Colts don't trust their running backs to pick up a 3 and 2 with 2 minutes to go in regulation. If they pick up a measly 2 yards the game was over with the Chargers having no timeouts left.

Well, well, well....

Go Underdawgs!

Tomorrow we have:

Of course the Chargers had a few close calls that went their way(refs making up for the Hocili call?) and Manning more than outplayed Rivers, but the Colts don't trust their running backs to pick up a 3 and 2 with 2 minutes to go in regulation. If they pick up a measly 2 yards the game was over with the Chargers having no timeouts left.

True, true...Some day these super QB's will realize, I hope, that this is in fact a team sport!

San Diego has some very talented runners, of course, playing the what if game, :), if #43 of SD SPokes or Stokes or ? would not have fumbled on the Colts 1 yard line in the third...

Let's see, yesterday's games were both close and both exciting to watch, which means today's games will probably be boring blowouts.

Well, well, well....

Go Underdawgs!

Tomorrow we have:

True, true...Some day these super QB's will realize, I hope, that this is in fact a team sport!

San Diego has some very talented runners, of course, playing the what if game, :), if #43 of SD SPokes or Stokes or ? would not have fumbled on the Colts 1 yard line in the third...

Well in Indys case they don't have a choice but to throw the ball. Their running backs are average at best and their O line can't open any holes this year for some reason.

While that's true about Sproles fumble and they could of scored they also got a score at the end of the first half after Chambers(I think) had that 3rd down catch on the sideline which was in fact an incompletion since he didn't get both feet in. Of course the Indy defense still could of stopped them but back in Week 2 San Diego also had the same chance to stop Denver after the Hocili call, but the media and the Charger fans can't stop talking about that one. I'm just sick of this "poor old Chargers" bullshit from the media over that Hocili call in week 2. Lets face it it was a bad call but the Chargers still could of won that game. On top of that you can't blame Hocili for them starting out 4-8. That's all on them.

• 2023 Gold Donors

NFL needs to change some of their stupid f**king rules...i don't give a d*mn if the Chargers won their division-they were freaking 8-8.Season record should dictate home playoff games.Same with Pats-i hate the Pats but c'mon 11-5 teams missing the playoffs is BS! San Diego does have a helluva punter he practically beat the Colts singlehandedly...oh yeah and that supid 'breaking the plane' rule...get your body in the end zone please half of these TD's being called are bull.Rant over.

NFL needs to change some of their stupid f**king rules...i don't give a d*mn if the Chargers won their division-they were freaking 8-8.Season record should dictate home playoff games.Same with Pats-i hate the Pats but c'mon 11-5 teams missing the playoffs is BS! San Diego does have a helluva punter he practically beat the Colts singlehandedly...oh yeah and that supid 'breaking the plane' rule...get your body in the end zone please half of these TD's being called are bull.Rant over.

I think they should just have two divisions with four wild cards and then that probably would never happen.

Unfortunately the Owners voted for this change and were made aware that this was a possibility when the change was made.

Well looks like I'm 2 for 2 this week...man did Miami look like shit.

And Minnesota just couldn't hold it together... Oh well.

Here is next weeks schedule, what do you all think?

Divisional Round

Sat., Jan. 10, 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS

Baltimore (11-5, 1-0)at Tennessee (13-3)

Sat., Jan. 10, 8:15 p.m. ET, FOX

Arizona (9-7, 1-0)at Carolina (12-4)

Sun., Jan. 11, 4:45 p.m. ET, CBS

San Diego (8-8, 1-0)at Pittsburgh (12-4)

Sun., Jan. 11, 1 p.m. ET, FOX

Philadelphia (9-6-1, 1-0)at N.Y. Giants (12-4)

For me on Saturday: Baltimore will take down Tennessee and Arizona will stun Carolina (wishful thinking, but hey?)

And on Sunday: Pittsburgh will make San Diego cry and I hate both teams, all in part due to their QB's, but I will go with Philly over the Giants.

Well the Eagles are on to the next round. It was an ugly performance offensively, but a win is a win and style points don't count.

Hoping the Eagles can win 2 in a row at NYC!

-Dan

With all the blitzing the Vikings did, I must have screamed "screen pass" about 50 times.

Divisional Round

For me on Saturday: Baltimore will take down Tennessee and Arizona will stun Carolina (wishful thinking, but hey?)

And on Sunday: Pittsburgh will make San Diego cry and I hate both teams, all in part due to their QB's, but I will go with Philly over the Giants.

Starting off the weekend 2 for 2. Man did Arizona look GOOD! That Titans Ravens game was quite the yawner, THe Titans couldn't have done a better job of throwing a game...

Tomorrow, can't wait for that Steelers game!!!

Divisional Round

That Titans Ravens game was quite the yawner, THe Titans couldn't have done a better job of throwing a game...

Yeah no shit The Titans gave that game away. 2 fumbles and a interception in the red zone.

Also what was up with the no call on the last Ravens drive when the play clock had obviously expired.

That was pretty damn strange IMO. I would of thought that the booth would of said wait a minute and reviewed that on their own. I'm not saying that that lost the game but they completed that big pass to Heap on that very play so that could of changed momentum for sure.

As for the Cardinal game yeah they beat the hell out of them and I think it's awesome.

I'd love to see Warner win another Super Bowl so he can give these :2up: to St. Louis. :lol:

Well, well, well... 4 for 4 this weekend and looky that, if the Steelers didn't put a good ole' down home 3-river whomping on the Chargers...

Next Sunday we have The Eagles going to Arizona and the Ravens going to Pittsburgh.

Who's going to the big game?

Pittsgurgh and Arizona.

AFC: I hate Pittsburgh. Go Ravens.

The NFC game is tough as hell to pick. The Eagles bitchslapped Arizona on Thanksgiving, but that was a different Arizona team. At the same time, no one has been giving the Eagles a chance to do ANYTHING for the last 2 months and they've only been proving everyone wrong.

My heart is with my Eagles, but this could be a TOUGH game.

-Dan