If I like Danger Danger...

Evil Rick

Have you heard the S/T Savannah album? Sounds dead on like Poley.

Not yet...Hopefully I can get to it today or tomorrow. Many thanks though! :tumbsup:

You got it!

I did get this album listened too, and singer is very similiar to Ted Poley, good stuff!

Also, add Hard Charlie as a band I really think sounds like Danger Danger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard Charlie? Who are they and where's my copy?

NOW!

Hard Charlie is a solid band and someone around here shared not to long ago if memory serves.

I think I have the file somewhere, if you wanna check it out let me know cousin.

Intuition Turn it On - although it's pricey.

I always thought Thomas Laverdi from Scott Gorham's 21 Guns sounded alot like Ted. Salute is a killer disc regardless.

Backed re: Intuition, excellent album IMO and worth the $35 (IIRC) I spent on it.....Jeff.

Hard Charlie? Who are they and where's my copy?

NOW!

Hard Charlie is a solid band and someone around here shared not to long ago if memory serves.

I think I have the file somewhere, if you wanna check it out let me know cousin.

Oh man, definitely. Would love to hear this one!!! PLEASE!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The Movies - 'Can't get through'

Although the songs are a million miles off D2 quality and the production is very poor, the vocals definitely have a bit of a Poley vibe. I'd compare them more to 21 Guns, but there is a slight D2 vibe there. Very slight.

Now, Carousel... who want to send me MP3 of that one? :lol:

How about 'Carousel "s/t maybe? On the Time Warp label (i know...i know.., but we won't get into that)

reminds me of D2..

Any links mate?

• 1 year later...
Smilek - Sentimental Highway

Just been listening to these guys on Myspace - like the songs a lot, but the CD seems impossible to get hold of. Does it ever turn up (and is it affordable)?

• 7 years later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

How about 'Carousel "s/t maybe? On the Time Warp label (i know...i know.., but we won't get into that)

reminds me of D2..

Was just listening to this today while going through some mp3's on my system,great little album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro8Qm0hKcb8

reminds me of D2..

Was just listening to this today while going through some mp3's on my system,great little album.

Wow, that's nice!

Never thought Bone Machine was much chop. Just the same singer

Others mentioned Guiffria and Johnny Lima - good choices.

I'd also add Trixter, Firehouse, Haywire, Harem Scarem, Tuff and Nelson as being the same style of 'pop metal'

Maybe also a bit of Little Caesar and Marvelous 3

If you're on this board you most likely know all these bands, but just in case....

reminds me of D2..

Wow, that's nice!

Good album. I actually (stupidly) bought that Timewarp version but it only had the first 3 or 4 songs. I let Sam know and he said he'd sort something out, but that was an age ago. I didn't think too much of it as he was always good with that kind of stuff, but it's kind of annoying in hindsight because the album is totally useless. I hope I have all the MP3s. But yeah... good stuff.