If I like Danger Danger...

Evil Rick

I swear there was another thread on this topic a while back but I can't find it so my apologies...

I just started to really get into Danger Danger recently and would like any input on bands with a similar sound to them. I know you all will be able to point me in the right direction so any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Rick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skewing slightly outside of exactly what you're asking, if you enjoy the Paul Laine version of D2, I'd definitely recommend you check out Paul's solo efforts; particularly "Stick it in Your Ear":

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=777

Not a dead ringer for the D2 sound, but again, if you enjoy Laine's work with D2, you should enjoy his solo stuff. :tumbsup:

Mike

Skewing slightly outside of exactly what you're asking, if you enjoy the Paul Laine version of D2, I'd definitely recommend you check out Paul's solo efforts; particularly "Stick it in Your Ear":

Not a dead ringer for the D2 sound, but again, if you enjoy Laine's work with D2, you should enjoy his solo stuff. :tumbsup:

Mike

Yup, dig Laine as much as Poley!

Intuition Turn it On - although it's pricey.

I always thought Thomas Laverdi from Scott Gorham's 21 Guns sounded alot like Ted. Salute is a killer disc regardless.

I've got 21 Guns but never thought much of them aside from one or two songs. I will check out Intuition for sure! :tumbsup:

Mike

Yup, dig Laine as much as Poley!

Hey Rick, Paul's "Stick in Your Ear" is a great great album IMO. :tumbsup:

Rick, you should get your hands on Hotshot - s/t ( feat vocalist Mike Pont ). the band had westy & bruno before those two went on to form DANGER DANGER ( d2 )& you can really hear thier sound they took to d2. The CD is available at www.hotshotrocks.com

Also try the first couple of Bone Machine cds feat Ted Poley. Ted's recent stuff hasn't matched those Bone Machine gems imho so maybe the time's right for Ted to ressurect Bone Machine.

Another band that reminds me of "screw it" era D2 is a band called Kid Cardiac. These guys only ever put out a superb 3 tracker e.p during the early 90's afaik.

Friction - Baby Talks has some D2 influences....

Sic Vikki - Kiss me in french... as previously noted has a massive D2 influence.....

Hope thats helps.

:beerbang:

Rick, you should get your hands on Hotshot - s/t ( feat vocalist Mike Pont ). the band had westy & bruno before those two went on to form DANGER DANGER ( d2 )& you can really hear thier sound they took to d2. The CD is available at www.hotshotrocks.com

Also try the first couple of Bone Machine cds feat Ted Poley. Ted's recent stuff hasn't matched those Bone Machine gems imho so maybe the time's right for Ted to ressurect Bone Machine.

Another band that reminds me of "screw it" era D2 is a band called Kid Cardiac. These guys only ever put out a superb 3 tracker e.p during the early 90's afaik.

Sic Vikki - Kiss me in french... as previously noted has a massive D2 influence.....

Hope thats helps.

Great suggestions...Love Hotshot, Sic Vikki and Friction (still waiting for that to become available on Retrospect)! I have not heard Kid Cardiac but will try to track down that EP. I think I might have some Bone Machine songs on my computer I'll have to check out.

Hope thats helps.

Great suggestions...Love Hotshot, Sic Vikki and Friction (still waiting for that to become available on Retrospect)! I have not heard Kid Cardiac but will try to track down that EP. I think I might have some Bone Machine songs on my computer I'll have to check out.

If you need to check out more Bone Machine let me know.

Do you have Ted's solo album "Collateral Damage"? That's a good one.

If you need to check out more Bone Machine let me know.

Do you have Ted's solo album "Collateral Damage"? That's a good one.

Yeah, I have both Collateral Damage and Smile...great stuff IMO!

Backed 100%

I was able to track down Bone Machine - Dogs. Hope that's a good one!

I found Bone Machine a bit of a downer, whereas DD are an upper!

Tc

Agreed, Bone Machine is nowhere near the quality level of D2 IMHO. Production is iffy, and the songs have brief moments of awesome surrounded by fillerisms.

It's not bad, but it always makes me feel like putting on the real thing instead of trying to enjoy the half-baked version. :(

Dont mention Bone Machine!!

Tc

Since Poley sings for Bone Machine they should be mentioned. That and the fact that it's a great band. The Dogs cd is right on par with Danger Danger.

I can't believe I forgot about these guys but what about Savannah? Both of their studio albums are very similar to the ST D2 album. And the vox are dead on! I absolutely love their first album!

I can't believe I forgot about these guys but what about Savannah? Both of their studio albums are very similar to the ST D2 album. And the vox are dead on! I absolutely love their first album!

I'll have to keep an eye out for them!