whiplash1972

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Jig is up!"

"And GONE!"

-- History of the World, Part I

"Hey Sister Gonorrhea... what the fuck are you standing around for, waitin' for a bus?"

-- "Detroit Rock City"

"I won't kill you... but I don't have to save you."

-- Batman Begins

• 2 weeks later...

"Do these look like the breasts of a 43 year old woman?"

"No ma'am, they don't...they're very impressive... bordering on spectacular... ma'am."

--Dan Aykroyd as Joe Friday in "Dragnet" (1987)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

okay, a couple of clues.....the guy who said the line was setting a stereo speaker in a dorm room window. The movie was mostly about college life, trials, tribulations, :wub: that kinda thing. It also had a couple of actors who went on to become stars in their on right on other shows, mostly tv, one being Anthony Edwards. Any guesses?

okay, a couple of clues.....the guy who said the line was setting a stereo speaker in a dorm room window. The movie was mostly about college life, trials, tribulations, :wub: that kinda thing. It also had a couple of actors who went on to become stars in their on right on other shows, mostly tv, one being Anthony Edwards. Any guesses?

Could it be Revenge of the Nerds?

• 2023 Gold Donors

Nope, but your close, especially year wise, mid '80's. One of the women in this movie is now in another pretty popular tv series, I believe on ABC (but don't quote me on that, as I've never watched the show) ;) & she's a "hottie" for a lot of guys. B)

Nope, but your close, especially year wise, mid '80's. One of the women in this movie is now in another pretty popular tv series, I believe on ABC (but don't quote me on that, as I've never watched the show) ;) & she's a "hottie" for a lot of guys. B)

Summer School?

• 2023 Gold Donors

Summer School?

Nope, although there were a number of "hotties" (Shawnee Smith, Courtney Thorne-Smith & Fabiana Udenio, the exchange student) in that cool & funny movie. The movie in question is from 'bout the same time "Top Gun" was released. :P

I love "Summer School!" The exchange student was fricking GORGEOUS. In fact, all the females in that movie were gorgeous... even Kirstie Alley. Yea, she was hot once, long ago...

My guess for your "mystery movie" &then... is it "Real Genius?"

• 2023 Gold Donors
I love "Summer School!" The exchange student was fricking GORGEOUS. In fact, all the females in that movie were gorgeous... even Kirstie Alley. Yea, she was hot once, long ago...

My guess for your "mystery movie" &then... is it "Real Genius?"

:lol: Yep, I was wonderin' when somebody would mention Kirstie Alley & you are right, she was & they all were! :P

Your guess is a very good one, but it isn't the, :lol: 'mystery' movie. One more clue should do it (give it away) I would think. As said before Anthony Edwards is in this movie, also starring in this cool comedy was a fairly young unknown who would later co-star with Anthony in the box office smash 'Top Gun.'....showtunes......;)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Bingo!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!! :drink: ....the confetti falls....a hot sexy babe hugs & kisses ya on the cheek ;) ......that's the movie! It starred Anthony Edwards, Nicolette Sheridan (the hottie & also The Sure Thing) & with Tim Robbins & his 'friend' who is now on 'that 70's show' as a guy & gal who sang showtunes on the drive across the country, until the two young whipper-snapper's (John Cusack & Daphne Zuniga) got a little crazy & embarassed themselves, beer drinking, eatin' Sno-Balls & flashing (Zuniga...on a dare) people in another car. The next clue, if needed, probably woulda been....this movie was directed by a real 'meathead' :lol: as it was directed by Rob Reiner. Congrat's Metal Jay! :drink::tumbsup:

Geez, I haven't seen "The Sure Thing" probably since it first came to HBO when I was in high school...no wonder I couldn't come up with it...

Anybody remember Tim Robbins' early role as Phil "Philsy" Blumburtt (museum janitor and aspiring scientist) in the infamous "Howard The Duck?" I bet he looks back at that one and wonders how his career ever survived

• 2023 Gold Donors
Geez, I haven't seen "The Sure Thing" probably since it first came to HBO when I was in high school...no wonder I couldn't come up with it...

Anybody remember Tim Robbins' early role as Phil "Philsy" Blumburtt (museum janitor and aspiring scientist) in the infamous "Howard The Duck?" I bet he looks back at that one and wonders how his career ever survived

:lol: Yep, it's been a while since I've seen it, too. I just remembered that one guy leanin' out the window after puttin' the speaker in it & then yelling "IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT!" Kinda typical for college guy's, maybe more so back in the 80's.

"Howard The Duck" now there's a movie that I haven't seen in years. :rofl2: Wasn't Lea Thompson in that movie (bomb) ;) as well?

on topic:

Isuro Tanaka to Ms. Phelps:"May you be mounted by a rabid dog." (speaking in japanese) :crazy:

from Major League II