Australian Tours

JC_AOR

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latest rumours are saying Aerosmith caused the implosion by not committting.

It doesn't make sense why an un-announced co-headliner would cause the entire festival to be called off. Just continue without Aerosmith? Even if Van Halen pulled out as well, why not go ahead without Aerosmith and Van Halen, and offer refunds to those who want them.

It doesn't make sense why an un-announced co-headliner would cause the entire festival to be called off. Just continue without Aerosmith? Even if Van Halen pulled out as well, why not go ahead without Aerosmith and Van Halen, and offer refunds to those who want them.

Yep, I bought tickets well before anyone ever mentioned Aerosmith, and I can tell you with 100% honesty that the knowledge of Aerosmith being there would have done ZERO to my desire to get a ticket or not. In fact, I'd more than likely not see them at all due to there being a better band on at the same time.

The only thing I know on the internet is this site so if you guys are saying it's going to be cancelled I'll believe you because you know more than me. But from my perspective, I would be absolutely stunned if it was cancelled on the back of what Aerosmith are up to. As I said, I know nothing but by the posts I just read, Van Halen are pulling out too? Again, who really cares? I have to admit that even I would like to see Van Halen, and would try my best to fit them into my schedule, but one must remember who this festival is aimed at, and that's the kids. These old timer "hair bands" are an exception at these festivals, not the rule. The other bands are 99% all modern bands and that's who the kids are coming out to see. I can't understand why a couple of old timers pulling out could have an impact as huge as the whole thing being cancelled. As I said, I'd be stunned.

Yep, I bought tickets well before anyone ever mentioned Aerosmith, and I can tell you with 100% honesty that the knowledge of Aerosmith being there would have done ZERO to my desire to get a ticket or not. In fact, I'd more than likely not see them at all due to there being a better band on at the same time.

The only thing I know on the internet is this site so if you guys are saying it's going to be cancelled I'll believe you because you know more than me. But from my perspective, I would be absolutely stunned if it was cancelled on the back of what Aerosmith are up to. As I said, I know nothing but by the posts I just read, Van Halen are pulling out too? Again, who really cares? I have to admit that even I would like to see Van Halen, and would try my best to fit them into my schedule, but one must remember who this festival is aimed at, and that's the kids. These old timer "hair bands" are an exception at these festivals, not the rule. The other bands are 99% all modern bands and that's who the kids are coming out to see. I can't understand why a couple of old timers pulling out could have an impact as huge as the whole thing being cancelled. As I said, I'd be stunned.

According to a few of the bands that were suppose to play... It has been canceled for sure.

Yep, got off my ass. From the official site:

It is with great sadness that we announce the cancellation of the Revolution Festival.

Many of the festival bands will still be coming to Australia in that time period and team up to bring you some very special shows. These will include multi band/mini festival line-ups in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. We will be announcing these events in the next 7 days.

Tickets purchased online will be refunded automatically as soon as it can be processed. If you purchased from an outlet, refunds will be available next week from point of purchase.

Crazy f*cked. I hope Steel Panther are one of the bands still coming out, but with the release of their 2nd album due any day now I was always waiting for them to pull out at the last second anyway, so I'll doubt it. Man, what a shame. If it's Aerosmith's fault I'll burn their c*nt CDs when I get home. :lol:

• My Little Pony

It is with great sadness that we announce the cancellation of the Revolution Festival.

Many of the festival bands will still be coming to Australia in that time period and team up to bring you some very special shows. These will include multi band/mini festival line-ups in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. We will be announcing these events in the next 7 days.

Tickets purchased online will be refunded automatically as soon as it can be processed. If you purchased from an outlet, refunds will be available next week from point of purchase.

Crazy f*cked. I hope Steel Panther are one of the bands still coming out, but with the release of their 2nd album due any day now I was always waiting for them to pull out at the last second anyway, so I'll doubt it. Man, what a shame. If it's Aerosmith's fault I'll burn their c*nt CDs when I get home. :lol:

C'mon, really? Aerosmith's fault? One band can not possibly be the cause of all this. As Andrew said on MelodicRockDOTCOM, I call bullshit. It most likely has to do with ticket sales, and it seems to be a recurring problem (even in the inde rock scene). I know there's a lot of money involved, but aren't there a lot of risks in planning festivals like these? And shouldn't they know of these risks? And shouldn't they honour the fans that did buy tickets and are anticipating a show? It's not the ticket-holder's fault for shitty promotion.

C'mon, really? Aerosmith's fault? One band can not possibly be the cause of all this. As Andrew said on MelodicRockDOTCOM, I call bullshit. It most likely has to do with ticket sales, and it seems to be a recurring problem (even in the inde rock scene). I know there's a lot of money involved, but aren't there a lot of risks in planning festivals like these? And shouldn't they know of these risks? And shouldn't they honour the fans that did buy tickets and are anticipating a show? It's not the ticket-holder's fault for shitty promotion.

Again, I don't know much but I'd be amazed if it had anything to do with ticket sales. These festivals sell like nude photos of me down here. In fact, more often than not half of the shows (Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne) are sold out months prior to their date.

Like I said in my other post, I don't think it would or could have anything to do with Aerosmith... in fact, I have no idea what the reason is. Didn't see that on the site. :(

• My Little Pony

Again, I don't know much but I'd be amazed if it had anything to do with ticket sales. These festivals sell like nude photos of me down here. In fact, more often than not half of the shows (Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne) are sold out months prior to their date.

But according to Andrew, ticket sales were well below expectation.

But according to Andrew, ticket sales were well below expectation.

Well he must be wrong as Soundwave is too awesome an idea to fail. I said so.

What happening with the Crashdiet tour, there were ads for it and now there none?

I would not be one bit surprised if it got cancalled, the way things have been lately with international tours.

• 2 weeks later...

On my travels yesterday, I drop into the venue where Crashdiet supposely be playing at in Victoria, and they didn't know anything about this supposely gig. :yikes:

• 4 weeks later...

So did anyone who was going to Soundwave Revolution buy a ticket for Counter Revolution?

If you're a modern rock fan, for me, it still features most of what I would have gone to see at Soundwave Revolution anyway. The major glowing exception is Steel Panther. And I'll also miss The Used, Framing Hanley, Madina Lake and In This Moment. But I'll survive that. The bands that are still playing at Counter Revolution are as follows:

PANIC! AT THE DISCO

ALL TIME LOW

YELLOWCARD

STORY OF THE YEAR

FACE TO FACE

THE DAMNED THINGS

SET YOUR GOALS

FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND

HELLOGOODBYE

D.R.U.G.S.

THE PRETTY RECKLESS

YOUNG GUNS

THIS PROVIDENCE

GO RADIO

MAKE DO AND MEND

ALESANA

THE SWELLERS

WE ARE THE IN CROWD

WE ARE THE OCEAN

TERRIBLE THINGS

The other cool thing about this one, is that all the bands I didn't know of I checked out, just 'cause it seemed to be a line-up of pretty similar type bands. And I found at least 5 bands there I've bought CDs from now, and will hopefully get to see too, depending on the schedule.

So did anyone who was going to Soundwave Revolution buy a ticket for Counter Revolution?

If you're a modern rock fan, for me, it still features most of what I would have gone to see at Soundwave Revolution anyway. The major glowing exception is Steel Panther. And I'll also miss The Used, Framing Hanley, Madina Lake and In This Moment. But I'll survive that. The bands that are still playing at Counter Revolution are as follows:

PANIC! AT THE DISCO

ALL TIME LOW

YELLOWCARD

STORY OF THE YEAR

FACE TO FACE

THE DAMNED THINGS

SET YOUR GOALS

FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND

HELLOGOODBYE

D.R.U.G.S.

THE PRETTY RECKLESS

YOUNG GUNS

THIS PROVIDENCE

GO RADIO

MAKE DO AND MEND

ALESANA

THE SWELLERS

WE ARE THE IN CROWD

WE ARE THE OCEAN

TERRIBLE THINGS

The other cool thing about this one, is that all the bands I didn't know of I checked out, just 'cause it seemed to be a line-up of pretty similar type bands. And I found at least 5 bands there I've bought CDs from now, and will hopefully get to see too, depending on the schedule.

Cool, didn't know about this. Are they playing all cities?

PANIC! AT THE DISCO

ALL TIME LOW

YELLOWCARD

STORY OF THE YEAR

FACE TO FACE

THE DAMNED THINGS

SET YOUR GOALS

FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND

HELLOGOODBYE

D.R.U.G.S.

THE PRETTY RECKLESS

YOUNG GUNS

THIS PROVIDENCE

GO RADIO

MAKE DO AND MEND

ALESANA

THE SWELLERS

WE ARE THE IN CROWD

WE ARE THE OCEAN

TERRIBLE THINGS

Cool, didn't know about this. Are they playing all cities?

Yeah mate, this Saturday in Brisbane:

http://www.sludgefactory.com.au/counter-revolution-announced

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. Just assumed all Soundwavers would have got it in their emails.

Looks like it may just be you and I interested in this one, Justin, but here's the line-up for Sydney:

CREV-TT-Sydney-web.jpg

Super happy it's only 2 stages and I hope to have the opportunity to see every band. Also delighted with the timing of the only 2 bands I don't want to see all day - The Swellers (right in time for lunch) and Face To Face (right in time for dinner). The timing of those 2 could not be more perfect, and I'll happily see every other band on the line-up, all going according to plan. Of the stuff I'd never heard of until early this week:

This Providence - they sound like a good solid pop / rock band. I like 'em and have bought all 3 CDs.

Set Your Goals - I do know this band and have an older EP which is quite punky, but their last couple of albums seem to have got quite a bit more commercial... they sound pretty cool these days.

The Damned Things - a mix of members from Fall Out Boy & Anthrax if I recall the write-up correctly. Not perfect, but not bad at all. Some balls, with some FOB-style hooks. Cool stuff.

Make Do And Mend - wasn't able to check these guys out as the album's not out yet, but the samples I heard made it obvious this will be a band I will definitely check out, in the style of many of today's pop/rock bands.

Hellogoodbye - a band I've heard quite a bit of through the years without every buying a CD. Not a huge fan and I'd happily take a beer or toilet break during their set, but I'll see them if nothing else is doing.

We Are The In Crowd - another band I wasn't able to check out properly, but snippets I heard sound right up my alley.

Terrible Things - their s/t album is quite pleasant indeed. Good solid stuff.

Amazed to see Panic @ The Disco headlining this thing, but I guess they're the only mainstream band if you look at it honestly, at least in Australia. Haven't heard Yellowcard on radio here in an age and the others not all. Crazy to see SOTY down the list quite a bit, when you'd have to assume they will surely be the highlight of the day.

But yeah, looking forward to it. Hoping to see some good things.

i'm sure pretty reckless have pull out

Yep, after listening to the album more than the other new ones this week (just the way the cookies crumbled) I too just noticed they'd pulled out when I did that list. Doesn't honestly phase me either way, just wish I'd spent that time listening to band that will be there. :lol: A lot to get through.

• 1 month later...