Australian Tours

JC_AOR

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soundwave revolution is supposed to be a second festival by all accounts.

dates were actually just reelased today...

Brisbane - Saturday 24th September

Sydney - Sunday 25th September

Melbourne - Friday 30th September

...Adelaide - Saturday 1st October

Perth - Monday 3rd October

with a major announcement due on teh 28th of this month.

bands announced so far...

Confirmed Artists

YELLOWCARD, HOLY GRAIL, TIMES OF GRACE, UNEARTH, DESTROY REBUILD UNTIL GOD SHOWS, FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND, STEEL PANTHER, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, BLACK VEIL BRIDES, WE ARE THE IN CROWD, ZEBRAHEAD, THE DANGEROUS SUMMER, SET YOUR GOALS, HELLOGOODBYE, THE WORD ALIVE, HELLYEAH, THE DAMNED THINGS, IN THIS MOMENT, SKINDRED, WHITECHAPEL, EVERY TIME I DIE, THE ACACIA STRAIN, MADINA LAKE, MAKE DO AND MEND, WE ARE THE OCEAN, STORY OF THE YEAR, FOUR YEAR STRONG, TERRIBLE THINGS, THE SWELLERS, THIS PROVIDENCE, YOUNG GUNS (read less)

Soundwave Revolution

Brisbane - Saturday 24th September

Sydney - Sunday 25th September

Melbourne - Friday 30th September

Adelaide - Saturday 1st October

Perth - Monday 3rd October

Full Announcement

Thursday 28th April

Confirmed Artists

YELLOWCARD, HOLY GRAIL, TIMES OF GRACE, UNEARTH, DESTROY REBUILD UNTIL GOD SHOWS, FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND, STEEL PANTHER, DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, BLACK VEIL BRIDES, WE ARE THE IN CROWD, ZEBRAHEAD, THE DANGEROUS SUMMER, SET YOUR GOALS, HELLOGOODBYE, THE WORD...

i only know of about 3 of these, but you'd expect the big acts to be announced pretyy soon i'd say.

Lita Ford - out (or was never in)

Quiet Riot - out

Warrant - out

LA Guns - still in

What a shit tour this has turned in to. I'd still like to see LA Guns and totally respect them for continuing but man what a disappointment going from 3 great bands down to 1.

Why do so many bands get announced as coming to Australia and then cancel at late notice. Off the top off my head - Crown of Thorns and Jeff Scott Soto (who promised to reschedule) both did the same.

There are so many bands that would love to come to Australia - how can we make it happen for them?

Justin I can only comment on what I have seen first hand and this is not the case for everyone of these cancelled tours.

We now have guys in their 30's, 40's etc who have somehow come into some extra cash and suddenly think they are promoters.

More often than not these 'promoters' couldn't even organise a chook raffle in a poultry farm and beofore you know it, another tour has been cancelled or postponed and we're all crying in our beers (or red cordials)....

I've lowered my expectations and therefore am not disappointed when these things fall through.

There are so many bands that would love to come to Australia - how can we make it happen for them?

Get a solo singer (eg JSS, Eric Martin, Poley, Glenn Hughes etc) to come out and play with local musos.

These gigs don't draw the numbers to pay for flights, accomodation, meals + show fee for 4 or 5 guys.

Justin I can only comment on what I have seen first hand and this is not the case for everyone of these cancelled tours.

We now have guys in their 30's, 40's etc who have somehow come into some extra cash and suddenly think they are promoters.

More often than not these 'promoters' couldn't even organise a chook raffle in a poultry farm and beofore you know it, another tour has been cancelled or postponed and we're all crying in our beers (or red cordials)....

I've lowered my expectations and therefore am not disappointed when these things fall through.

I don't blame to promoters.

Big name promoters aren't gonna touch these bands with 40ft pole.

Atleast these "40 year olds with a bit of cash" are trying to actually do something about getting these bands here.

I can't see how it would be best for these tours to actually be organised when those with experience don't wanna touch these bands, and those that are interested don't have the experience.

If pretty shit all round, adn until a promoter with a bit of expeirence put's up their hand to work with these bands, the same shit is gonna happen over and over again.

If anything Intense bit of more than they could chew bringing out 3 bands at once. If they'd just brought out LA Guns, or just Warrant, that would have given them a good footing for doing other things in the future.

Which promotor brought out Winger & Ratt?

Can't recall sorry Justin but I would say that those bands have a bigger fan base down here than Crown Of Thorns etc.

But who knows if this was a success financially or not?

Last year a well known band came out to play Bris/Syd/Melb....great crowds everywhere but the promoter still lost money.

I can only speak for myself, but all the praise from concert goers ain't gonna make me sleep better at night knowing I lost 10K and spent 3 months of my life getting band <ABC> to Australia.

Can't recall sorry Justin but I would say that those bands have a bigger fan base down here than Crown Of Thorns etc.

But who knows if this was a success financially or not?

Last year a well known band came out to play Bris/Syd/Melb....great crowds everywhere but the promoter still lost money.

I can only speak for myself, but all the praise from concert goers ain't gonna make me sleep better at night knowing I lost 10K and spent 3 months of my life getting band <ABC> to Australia.

That's true. Maybe if one of these bigger name/experienced promotors took on the job of bringing out some of these "lesser known" bands they might actually be able to do it without making a loss.

Justin, this was a big promoter who has previously bought out some great bands.....not some cashed up fan boy whose Great Uncle Harold kicked the bucket :(

So if the big/experienced guys are losing money then....

Get a solo singer (eg JSS, Eric Martin, Poley, Glenn Hughes etc) to come out and play with local musos.

These gigs don't draw the numbers to pay for flights, accomodation, meals + show fee for 4 or 5 guys.

Bruce Kulick's done these type of tours for years albeit his last one suffered from poor turn out but overall he did some good crowds.

Ted Poley was most recent to do a tour like this & seems to have enjoyed it immensely so I won't discount his keenness to return :)

It'd be great to see JSS venture out this way again & tour with local musos.

I know that promoter is still kicking around doing tours, can't recall teh name. they are now based in Bayswater Melbourne.

I believe they experimented with lesser known 80's rock acts ala Tesla, Ratt / Winger with one other & the experiment rumoured to have failed due to financial losses. AFAIK, they won't be bringing in anymore lesser known 80's rock acts :(

I heard it took 6 months after left Australia, when Tesla got paid. Another hear say that Helloween still hasn't seen a dollar from Australia.

New FaceBook page for Sex Action 2011 Tour

226752_215092211836988_187886904557519_863248_2075060_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=213464262016241&index=1

They still haven't announced the special guests (other than Defryme which I could honestly do without). Though just recently this was posted by the promoter:

"Here's our shortlist of special guests so you fans can encourage one of these bands via the internet, their websites, facebook etc to move quicker onto this tour: Noiseworks, The Baby Animals, The Angels, Rose Tattoo, The Screaming Jetts… Who do youse want???"

For me, all of those bands together can't make up for the loss of Warrant, though if I had to pick I'd probably want to see Noiseworks again.

Oh and every ticket holder can now bring along a friend for free.

ZOMFG. What the f*ck has happened while I was gone? Right up until 5mins ago I was still under the impression I was seeing Warrant, LA Guns and Quiet Riot in 2 weeks - ticket already bought. I guess I'll still go to see LA Guns but I hope we get 1/3 of the price refunded. Defryme? Who the f*ck are they? Man, what a disappointment.

On the other hand, I pretty much spilled my ballsack when I saw the Soundwave Revolution thing which is the best news of 2011. If you can buy tickets now I will check following this post and buy immediately. Yellowcard - awesome. Steel Panther - Best news in the world. Plus Funeral for a Friend, In This Moment, Story of the Year, Four Year Strong, Young Guns. Wow!!

Spoke with my mate, looks like only option is a full refund. Who are they kidding, thinking they can still charge $90 ($100+ after booking fees) to see LA Guns and a bunch of schmucks.

I'm disappointed on many levels. As I missed LA Guns last time I would still happily have seen them for around the $50 mark... but $90. I can't justify that at all. :(

I have the song 'Tucker's Daughter' in my mind now. Aren't the lyrics something like; 'You'll build me up just to tear me down?'

• 2 weeks later...

Apparantly Petra played 2 shows in Australia last month. One of them wasn't far from here so probably would have gone just out of interest.